Where us fatties are

Discussion in 'Health and Lifestyle' started by longknife, Sep 13, 2019.

1. G.T.

G.T. Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +49,732
    Serum blood tests should never be used to determine anyone's way forward, regarding any medications or radical treatment plans.

Here's a few ways how fucked up it can be:

If you're in the midst of a rapid weight-loss program, your LDL and triglyceride scores might sky rocket.

Your average Primary Doctor will see this, and want to test you again in a little while and then if it's high again, put you on statins...which are pretty horrible for you.

But these are the scores you'd EXPECT during a time of rapid weight-loss. LDL is a "carrier," they call it a boat actually...and your body needs more carriers to transport your stored, BAD fat out of your system when there's more being freed up and converted to energy.

Youre burning fat, amd your serum "snapshot" at this moment in time may call you wholly unhealthy and at high risk for hesrt disease based on conventional 'wisdom.'

A second example is gfr on a serum test...it measures kidney function. On the standard serum blood test..they measure creatinine which is a waste product and they use a formula to determine your "guesstimated" kidney function.

Its wholly inaccurate...but they...USE IT!

Doctors that work SPECIFICALLY with athletes will automatically ignore the serum creatinine being elevated. It will always be elevated if youre exercising intensely...

but if youre exercising as an athlete, but working with a REGULAR primary...theyll send you for a battery of follow up tests and even advise you to alter your diet. Based on this one little snapshot, and incomplete knowledge.

Its gross because it costs assloads of $$$$$$ unnecessarily...takes you through the ringer.

The true test of kidney function would be a 24 hpur creatinine elimination test. A before and after...not just a snapshot of current serum level.

Theres tons of these stories...but thats just a couple for anyone interested in this crap.

2. SweetSue92

SweetSue92 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,932
    Just anecdotally, I know. My MIL is one of the healthiest women you will ever meet. Mid-60s and passed for my daughter's mother when visiting her on campus, sometimes her older sister! Fit, tiny, youthful, walks hours and hours every week. She has high cholesterol. Her dr was after and after her about her diet. She was almost wasting away at one point trying to get it down. For what we finally told her? She had no other health markers. Her dr finally let up...I think when some of the new research came out.

3. G.T.

G.T. Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +49,732
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. Mindful

Mindful Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +39,871
    I remember that craze. Even got caught up in it myself. Low or no fat milk and yoghurt. And everyone was fatter than ever. :cool-45:

5. Muhammed

Muhammed Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,247
    It seems that most Americans don't eat organ meat. Personally, I love chicken livers fried in butter. They're delicious. And they are densely loaded with nutrients that they are practically a superfood.

Nutritional Info: Chicken, liver, all classes, cooked, simmered

There is a reason that the first thing that predators like lions, tigers, wolves and even house cats eat on a kill is the liver.

And they are super cheap too. The last time I went grocery shopping I picked them up for $1.19/lb

6. Mindful

Mindful Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +39,871
    I like them too.

I've seen chickens' feet for sale in American stores.

I just couldn't!

7. Muhammed

Muhammed Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,247
    ^^^
    Wishful thinking of a desperate Democrat. :icon_rolleyes:

Last edited: Sep 29, 2019
  8. Crepitus

Crepitus Gold Member

Thanks Received: