Where, oh where, did the War Protests go??????

The rhetoric is your oft repeated load of bullshit that we 'bomb anything that moves in the Arab world'... typical radical anti-war left bullshit... and anything but truthful

But in war, whether against a country's military or a group's terrorists, you eliminate them... you don't turn the cheek or appease them... what you and your side have failed to understand for a long time

Nice dodge, a well calculated one. The last thing you want to do is admit you're wrong and that there's more terrorists and more people hoping for the opportunity to commit terror against the US than ever before.

Another one of these "ad hominem works better than answering basic questions" types.

Nice dodge on your part.. please link proof to your assertion of more terrorists, that is not some blogger or leftwing fishwrap... I simply pointed out your complete bullshit rhetoric that you so easily put forward as truth

A question has to be asked in order for me to dodge it.

I asked you first, are you confident in the 10 years of the war on terror that we're killing more terrorists than we're creating and that less people want to commit terror against the US than before?

I don't support war unless it's clear and obvious that it's helping the situation, that's not the case here.

You forgot Jimmy Carter did too, but you have to have the ability to forget things on purpose to be a good partisan these days.

Ah..but Carter gave them communication equipment. He wasn't entirely convinced that arming religious zealots was the right way to go. In fact it was evangelists that were highly critical of Carter's weak support of pious fighters against a godless enemy. I use to see ads in the Soldier of Fortune rags of Afghans bayonetting Soviet soldiers in support of their efforts.

I was alive back then..:lol:

Wrong, we were giving money and arms to the Afghan rebels at the LATEST in 1980.

Actually..you are correct. There were small arms in the mix. I thought it was only Korans and books on Soviet Atrocities and communications equipment. I just checked several articles. But it was mostly a propaganda effort meant to harrass Soviets..not drive them out.

Ah..but Carter gave them communication equipment. He wasn't entirely convinced that arming religious zealots was the right way to go. In fact it was evangelists that were highly critical of Carter's weak support of pious fighters against a godless enemy. I use to see ads in the Soldier of Fortune rags of Afghans bayonetting Soviet soldiers in support of their efforts.

I was alive back then..:lol:

Wrong, we were giving money and arms to the Afghan rebels at the LATEST in 1980.

Actually..you are correct. There were small arms in the mix. I thought it was only Korans and books on Soviet Atrocities and communications equipment. I just checked several articles. But it was mostly a propaganda effort meant to harrass Soviets..not drive them out.

Alright we agree, Carter and his administration were giving money, support and military equipment to Osama.

Nice dodge, a well calculated one. The last thing you want to do is admit you're wrong and that there's more terrorists and more people hoping for the opportunity to commit terror against the US than ever before.

Another one of these "ad hominem works better than answering basic questions" types.

Nice dodge on your part.. please link proof to your assertion of more terrorists, that is not some blogger or leftwing fishwrap... I simply pointed out your complete bullshit rhetoric that you so easily put forward as truth

I asked you first, are you confident in the 10 years of the war on terror that we're killing more terrorists than we're creating and that less people want to commit terror against the US than before?

I don't support war unless it's clear and obvious that it's helping the situation, that's not the case here.

I am confident that in the 10 years of the war on terror that we have killed thousands of terrorists.. and that given a chance to take the shackles of feel-good pussyfooting off, we would kill even more... the more you eliminate, the less there are to take their place.... you make something more unpalatable than the alternative, people tend to move away from it...

My stance was on the approach... not a damn thing I said was about numbers... YOU brought that in as a deflection from your bullshit rhetoric....

I support war against violent enemies... and going whole hog to do it... and I have been there, done that... and regret nothing in doing it, except that we were handcuffed and prevented from doing more to eliminate the enemy

Yoo hoo... Swallow.... Still waiting

Oh gosh.

Not this again.

For the almost last time (I hope) no swallow for you. I am straight..that's the opposite of fag.

Okay fag.

Get it straight.

Fag.

Get it straight.

Go gargle someone else's cum.

Nice try...

Still waiting for the link to your assertion.... you don't get to state things as fact just because YOU want them to be...

Asshole

I am confident that in the 10 years of the war on terror that we have killed thousands of terrorists.. and that given a chance to take the shackles of feel-good pussyfooting off, we would kill even more... the more you eliminate, the less there are to take their place.... you make something more unpalatable than the alternative, people tend to move away from it...

My stance was on the approach... not a damn thing I said was about numbers... YOU brought that in as a deflection from your bullshit rhetoric....

I support war against violent enemies... and going whole hog to do it... and I have been there, done that... and regret nothing in doing it, except that we were handcuffed and prevented from doing more to eliminate the enemy

A dodge, then a non-answer. I totally respect when people give the answer "i don't know" rather than providing an answer that doesn't answer the question posed to them.

Seems odd that attacking more than a half dozen countries in under 10 years is "pussy footing", this is exactly what I'm talking about when I say the 2 status quo parties have won the war against the mind and morals of the US people. We're either numb/neutral on wars, or cheer and beg for more of it.

We need another MLK Jr more than ever now, we have a large group of people debating where the missiles should be launched, rather than whether or not they should be launched.

Haven't you heard? Libs now embrace war, assassination of foreign national and drone strikes on civilians.

But don't drip water on anybody!

A dodge, then a non-answer. I totally respect when people give the answer "i don't know" rather than providing an answer that doesn't answer the question posed to them.

Seems odd that attacking more than a half dozen countries in under 10 years is "pussy footing", this is exactly what I'm talking about when I say the 2 status quo parties have won the war against the mind and morals of the US people. We're either numb/neutral on wars, or cheer and beg for more of it.

We need another MLK Jr more than ever now, we have a large group of people debating where the missiles should be launched, rather than whether or not they should be launched.

We need another Patton now more than we need another MLK.... This is a battle... not some equal rights issue

Barack Obama accused of crimes against humanity for Osama bin Laden killing - Telegraph

Serious question. I remember from 2004-2006, there were several large War Protests here in Charleston, SC at the downtown Marion Square. Thousands showed up. I remember the media splashing our screens with shots of very large war protests in NYC, SF, Chicago, LA, and on and on and on. VERY emotional protests. Signs with Bush painted as Hitler. "No War For Oil" signs. "Spread Love Not War". Code Pink. You all remember those days, right? Before war was cool?

Where did those protests go? We are still in Iraq. And we are still in Afghanistan. We've started a new conflict by bombing the possum poop out of Libya. We not only used bomber drones in Pakistan, but literally invaded Pakistan without that gov'ts permission with a SEAL team to kill Bin Laden. Now, rumors of operations in Syria and Iran are rampant. To Obama's credit, I'm ok with bombing Syria and Pakistan. And finishing the job in Iraq and Afghanistan.

But I can't help but wonder....all those people who protested the 2 wars from 2002-2008.....where are they now protesting the 4 we're in today? The only mobs I see are the Tea Party rallies, the Union whacks, no-border rallies, and an anarchist/G20 type rally here and there.

But no war protests. Did I miss something? Or did war become cool all of a sudden sometime in early 2009?

Just because you are out of touch, doesn't mean that there aren't war protests going on. But please, continue to show us how little you know about what's going on in the world. :lol::lol::lol:

We need another Patton now more than we need another MLK.... This is a battle... not some equal rights issue

MLK Jr was anti-war as well as equal rights and he was famous and a good speaker so people would listen to him.

Now we only have people who pretend to be anti-war when the other party is in power. Democrats pretended to be anti-war during Iraq, I'm now hearing some republicans pretend to be anti-war because of Libya.

If Obama were president from 2001-2009 Democrats would've loved the War in Iraq, if Bush were president now Republicans would love the War in Libya.

Barack Obama accused of crimes against humanity for Osama bin Laden killing - Telegraph

Serious question. I remember from 2004-2006, there were several large War Protests here in Charleston, SC at the downtown Marion Square. Thousands showed up. I remember the media splashing our screens with shots of very large war protests in NYC, SF, Chicago, LA, and on and on and on. VERY emotional protests. Signs with Bush painted as Hitler. "No War For Oil" signs. "Spread Love Not War". Code Pink. You all remember those days, right? Before war was cool?

Where did those protests go? We are still in Iraq. And we are still in Afghanistan. We've started a new conflict by bombing the possum poop out of Libya. We not only used bomber drones in Pakistan, but literally invaded Pakistan without that gov'ts permission with a SEAL team to kill Bin Laden. Now, rumors of operations in Syria and Iran are rampant. To Obama's credit, I'm ok with bombing Syria and Pakistan. And finishing the job in Iraq and Afghanistan.

But I can't help but wonder....all those people who protested the 2 wars from 2002-2008.....where are they now protesting the 4 we're in today? The only mobs I see are the Tea Party rallies, the Union whacks, no-border rallies, and an anarchist/G20 type rally here and there.

But no war protests. Did I miss something? Or did war become cool all of a sudden sometime in early 2009?

Just because you are out of touch, doesn't mean that there aren't war protests going on. But please, continue to show us how little you know about what's going on in the world. :lol::lol::lol:

well now, don't ya find it FUNNY the NON-BIASED Lamestream media ain't SHOWING all them ANIT-war protesting day in and day out LIKE THEY DID during the Bush administration??
so just who is it that is out of touch WITH THE WORLD.

:lol::lol:

MLK Jr was anti-war as well as equal rights and he was famous and a good speaker so people would listen to him.

Now we only have people who pretend to be anti-war when the other party is in power. Democrats pretended to be anti-war during Iraq, I'm now hearing some republicans pretend to be anti-war because of Libya.

If Obama were president from 2001-2009 Democrats would've loved the War in Iraq, if Bush were president now Republicans would love the War in Libya.

Loving war is not what I would say in this.... but what we should love is the ability to do it whole hog to fight as well as we can... not being handcuffed because of appeasing anti-war crybabies....

To be inherently anti-war is to be living outside of reality... because like it or not, you do have to battle many types of enemies with something more than words or good intentions

Personally... I can nitpick on how different conflicts are entered... but when in them, I have only one stance... annihilation... beating down til they can't get up.. make replenishment of enemy forces more unpalatable... decisive, swift, and brutal combat to kill and win against every aspect of the enemy... personnel, supply, leadership, logistics, footholds, etc... the more than join the side of the enemy, the more and more brutally you eliminate them anytime and anywhere

Forum List

Back