Where, oh where, did the War Protests go??????

A dodge, then a non-answer. I totally respect when people give the answer "i don't know" rather than providing an answer that doesn't answer the question posed to them.

Seems odd that attacking more than a half dozen countries in under 10 years is "pussy footing", this is exactly what I'm talking about when I say the 2 status quo parties have won the war against the mind and morals of the US people. We're either numb/neutral on wars, or cheer and beg for more of it.

We need another MLK Jr more than ever now, we have a large group of people debating where the missiles should be launched, rather than whether or not they should be launched.

We need another Patton now more than we need another MLK.... This is a battle... not some equal rights issue

MLK Jr was anti-war as well as equal rights and he was famous and a good speaker so people would listen to him.

Now we only have people who pretend to be anti-war when the other party is in power. Democrats pretended to be anti-war during Iraq, I'm now hearing some republicans pretend to be anti-war because of Libya.

If Obama were president from 2001-2009 Democrats would've loved the War in Iraq, if Bush were president now Republicans would love the War in Libya.

That's entirely incorrect. The biggest war protests in this country occurred during the Vietnam war..when LBJ was in power.

Yoo hoo... Swallow.... Still waiting

Oh gosh.

Not this again.

For the almost last time (I hope) no swallow for you. I am straight..that's the opposite of fag.

Okay fag.

Get it straight.

Fag.

Get it straight.

Go gargle someone else's cum.

Nice try...

Still waiting for the link to your assertion.... you don't get to state things as fact just because YOU want them to be...

Asshole

You can wait till hell freezes over fag boy.

You ain't getting a swallow.

Oh gosh.

Not this again.

For the almost last time (I hope) no swallow for you. I am straight..that's the opposite of fag.

Okay fag.

Get it straight.

Fag.

Get it straight.

Nice try...

Still waiting for the link to your assertion.... you don't get to state things as fact just because YOU want them to be...

Asshole

Funny to watch a lefty use mocking of homosexuality, a protected liberal class.

Oh gosh.

Not this again.

Okay fag.

Get it straight.

Fag.

Get it straight.

Nice try...

Asshole

Your attempt at distraction won't work....

You're basically refusing to back up your assertion that "The Republicans blocked all efforts to send special forces".... we got it... you just like to portray your mental fantasies as truth

There ya go. And the Pak invasion is another figment.

It is? Well, Pakistan didn't approve of us doing it. Pakistan didn't know we were gonna do it. And we took a team of our best troops, the Navy SEALS, and crossed their border, armed to the teeth, and assaulted a building on their soil, killing people on their soil. Thats the definition of an invasion.

So we invaded Pakistan. OR...Obama lied. One of the two.

The Raid on Osama bin Ladens compound is now an invasion of Pakistan? LOL, the pseuso-cons really have become whinny pussies.

President Obama didn't lie. He told us during the campaign in 08 that if Pakistan wouldn't or couldn't do it, he would. He did.

The "Anti-War Left" are the biggest frauds in America. I've been saying that for a long time. These people are not trustworthy for the most part. How many of these people do you see rushing over to Libya to be 'Human Shields' for Gaddafi?...ZIP! None. Remember when being a 'Human Shield' was all the rage for them back in the Iraq War? So where are they now? It really is simple in the end. Now it's one of their fellow D's doing all the Bombing & Killing. So all is well with these people. But wait til an 'R' gets back in there. You'll see these same Lefties get right back to pretending they're "Anti-War." It's all just a Re-Run TV Show in the end. I've seen this Show many times before. It's not surprising.

We need another Patton now more than we need another MLK.... This is a battle... not some equal rights issue

MLK Jr was anti-war as well as equal rights and he was famous and a good speaker so people would listen to him.

Now we only have people who pretend to be anti-war when the other party is in power. Democrats pretended to be anti-war during Iraq, I'm now hearing some republicans pretend to be anti-war because of Libya.

If Obama were president from 2001-2009 Democrats would've loved the War in Iraq, if Bush were president now Republicans would love the War in Libya.

That's entirely incorrect. The biggest war protests in this country occurred during the Vietnam war..when LBJ was in power.

At that point in history there was a large group of people who were anti-war in principle, not anti-certain wars cuz of party.

Sadly those days are LONG gone.

Nice try...

Asshole

You're basically refusing to back up your assertion that "The Republicans blocked all efforts to send special forces".... we got it... you just like to portray your mental fantasies as truth

Because you refuse to pick up newspapers..or refuse to use google..don't expect me to do your work.

Or respond favorably to your fag boy advances.

Conservatives weren't interested in protecting the Country during the Clinton administration.

They were interested in impeaching him.

So we got 9/11.

At that point in history there was a large group of people who were anti-war in principle, not anti-certain wars cuz of party.

No they aren't. They are large protests every week at Union Square Park.

Additionally..there were large protests against the Iraq war crime.

It didn't work..but it wasn't because of lack of trying.

Loving war is not what I would say in this.... but what we should love is the ability to do it whole hog to fight as well as we can... not being handcuffed because of appeasing anti-war crybabies....

To be inherently anti-war is to be living outside of reality... because like it or not, you do have to battle many types of enemies with something more than words or good intentions

Personally... I can nitpick on how different conflicts are entered... but when in them, I have only one stance... annihilation... beating down til they can't get up.. make replenishment of enemy forces more unpalatable... decisive, swift, and brutal combat to kill and win against every aspect of the enemy... personnel, supply, leadership, logistics, footholds, etc... the more than join the side of the enemy, the more and more brutally you eliminate them anytime and anywhere

God I wish I were being appeased, I'm sure you're characterizing me as the "anti-war crybabies."

The method of war you advocated for, is what I wanted in Afghanistan. Didn't happen, so now I've learned that not only do I disagree with most of our wars in principle, the wars I do agree with we screw them up so horribly that not going to war at all would've been better than going and screwing up, nation building, and spending our country in crippling debt.

Haven't you heard? Libs now embrace war, assassination of foreign national and drone strikes on civilians.

But don't drip water on anybody!

Obama will get us out of Bush's shitstorm without torturing anyone. Those of you on the right just LOVE torture.

And Obama will make sure unemployment stays low, we have significant economic growth, and a strong dollar, and low inflation ,affordable energy, no new wars, a balanced budget, solid SS system... oh.. wait, never mind.

You folks crack me up with this shit.

The current protests are nothing like the Vietnam War protests. The Vietnam War protests sadly for the most part didn't work either.

Maybe I'm wrong and there is a huge group of people who are as anti-war as I am, but like me, they know they're helpless at stopping the 2 pro-war parties no matter what they say or do so they don't bother.

Loving war is not what I would say in this.... but what we should love is the ability to do it whole hog to fight as well as we can... not being handcuffed because of appeasing anti-war crybabies....

To be inherently anti-war is to be living outside of reality... because like it or not, you do have to battle many types of enemies with something more than words or good intentions

Personally... I can nitpick on how different conflicts are entered... but when in them, I have only one stance... annihilation... beating down til they can't get up.. make replenishment of enemy forces more unpalatable... decisive, swift, and brutal combat to kill and win against every aspect of the enemy... personnel, supply, leadership, logistics, footholds, etc... the more than join the side of the enemy, the more and more brutally you eliminate them anytime and anywhere

God I wish I were being appeased, I'm sure you're characterizing me as the "anti-war crybabies."

The method of war you advocated for, is what I wanted in Afghanistan. Didn't happen, so now I've learned that not only do I disagree with most of our wars in principle, the wars I do agree with we screw them up so horribly that not going to war at all would've been better than going and screwing up, nation building, and spending our country in crippling debt.

No... that was not a direct thing at you... it was about how we have weakened our military and our efforts because of this appeasement need by our government than has been in place for a number of years...

But my stance is why I say we need a Patton, and not a MLK

Because you refuse to pick up newspapers..or refuse to use google..don't expect me to do your work.

Or respond favorably to your fag boy advances.

Conservatives weren't interested in protecting the Country during the Clinton administration.

They were interested in impeaching him.

So we got 9/11.

Your assertion.. and you wish others to proof read your statements?? Sorry charlie... back up your shit, or don't post it... It's not like you're defending a stance for or against something.... it is a direct accusation without evidence to back it up..

Oh.. and blogs, opinion pieces, etc do not constitute proof of your assertion....

No... that was not a direct thing at you... it was about how we have weakened our military and our efforts because of this appeasement need by our government than has been in place for a number of years...

My apologies for my incorrect assumption.

My apologies for my incorrect assumption.

No biggie... no biggie at all.. I just wanted to clarify from my point of view as well

The current protests are nothing like the Vietnam War protests. The Vietnam War protests sadly for the most part didn't work either.

Maybe I'm wrong and there is a huge group of people who are as anti-war as I am, but like me, they know they're helpless at stopping the 2 pro-war parties no matter what they say or do so they don't bother.

There are a large group of people who are anti-war all the time. I'm not. If we are attacked we definitely need to respond..lethally, quickly and proportionally. I fully supported George W. Bush ordering the invasion of Afghanistan. He should have cleared out the camps, killed Osama Bin Laden, gave some aid to rebuild infrastructure and left. There are times you just gotta off people that mean to do you harm. What I am against is stupidity. It was monumental stupidity to invade Iraq. It was monumental stupidity to try to nation build in Afghanistan.

And I have a big problem with people who are pro war at one time and anti war at another. Clinton's air strikes in the Balkans was the right thing to do. Yugoslavia had broken up and ethnic cleasing was taking place. One of the most beautiful cities in the world, Dubrovnik was being shot to hell. Republicans opposed it tooth and nail. After the first world trade center bombing, the Clinton administration actively hunted down and captured most of the players in that attack. After the Khobar bombings Clinton ordered missile strikes against Osama Bin Laden. Senator Arlen Spector famously said he was doing this to distract away from his "Monica" problems.

Clinton put up all sorts of executive orders to impede terrorism. Notably execute order 12947 to go after the assets of Al Qaeda. The Clinton adminstration put up S. 390 and HR 896 to combat terrorism.
Omnibus Counterterrorism Act of 1995 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Republicans blocked those bills and passed a watered down bill, claiming that one was much to expensive and intrusive.

Clinton tried to get special forces to get Osama Bin Laden. But Republicans blocked those efforts claiming that the CIA wouldn't certify that Bin Laden was behind the attacks.

Bush ignored Clinton's warnings about Osama Bin Laden and focused his efforts on pissing off the Russians and Chinese. He did this despite a mountain of evidence something big was going to happen. Then..he turned the focus from hunting terrorists to bringing down an entire nation because of PNAC lunacy. Then after all that mess..he normalized relations with Libya after taking blood money for the Lockerbie bombings.

Republicans seemed to be all in on war when Republicans are driving the bus. Reagan went after Grenada, George HW Bush invaded Panama and Iraq..and George W. Bush invaded Afghanistan and Iraq. But seem to be vehmently against it when they are out of power..like the drone strikes and bombing Libya.

Haven't you heard? Libs now embrace war, assassination of foreign national and drone strikes on civilians.

But don't drip water on anybody!

Obama will get us out of Bush's shitstorm without torturing anyone. Those of you on the right just LOVE torture.

And Obama will make sure unemployment stays low, we have significant economic growth, and a strong dollar, and low inflation ,affordable energy, no new wars, a balanced budget, solid SS system... oh.. wait, never mind.

You folks crack me up with this shit.

Avoiding the issue, as usual.

Forum List

Back