Where Is the Senate?

The senate doesn't have to bring any of the garbage up from the current house.

Lotsa red Senate seats up for re-election in 2020.

Some are in States that have as recently as November elected Blue governors.

53-47 currently. R's are defending a few more seats but theyre in states that trump won. Ds may pick off gardner.

53-47 currently. R's are defending a few more seats but theyre in states that trump won. Ds may pick off gardner.

Well, also Jones is Alabama is a dead man walking. I think he's up in 2020.

air traffic controllers are selling their cars to cut costs.

END THIS DIABOLICAL SHUTDOWN AND STOP HOLDING THE AMERICAN PEOPLE HOSTAGE FOR TRUMP'S VANITY PROJECT AT ONCE! AT ONCE!
Were you making the same demand when 44 did a complete government shutdown? Easy to forget how things were just a few short years ago.

He also declared National Emergencies 10 times. Some are still operational.

Thats true but collins is up too, Ds may pick that one up also. I think 51-49 Rs in senate 2020.

What is McConnell doing?

Has he brought ANY legislation to the floor for a vote?

Does he think that the Senate is an arm of the White House?

If he does that Turtle needs to go along with most of the Republicans who refuse to stand up to him
So, you advocating for the end of the filibuster?
Nope I'm saying it's time for GOP Senators to stand up for the Country and do their job

They are, you just don't like it. Grow a pair child.

Thats true but collins is up too, Ds may pick that one up also. I think 51-49 Rs in senate 2020.

Possible. We shall see. I don't think the Senate Republicans are doing themselves a lot of favors with their inactivity though.

They have been, but the Democrats refuse to vote for their bills.

Link required. There have been no bills offered in the Senate to open the government since December.

You're lying
I didn't say there had been. In fact, when I say, "Why bother to bring a bill to the floor that is just going to be filibustered", I am actually talking about any bill, not just a bill to cave in to Democrats and their anti-American stance on immigration.
You DID say that...in fact you even quoted yourself saying that.

Thanks for the admission that you'll say anything...kinda like Trump and ...with the evidence of it staring you in the face
You don't really comprehend much of what goes on around you, do you?

Let Me show you an example of what gets done when the Democrats cannot filibuster a Republican Senate...

This is a comprehensive list of all Article III and Article IV United States federal judges appointed by Donald Trumpduring his presidency, as well as a partial list of Article I federal judicial appointments, excluding appointments to the District of Columbia judiciary.[1]

As of January 3, 2019, the United States Senate has confirmed 85 Article III judges nominated by President Trump, including 2 Associate Justices of the Supreme Court of the United States, 30 judges for the United States Courts of Appeals, 53 judges for the United States District Courts, and 0 judges for the United States Court of International Trade.[2]There are currently 0 nominations to Article III courts awaiting Senate action, including 0 for the Courts of Appeals, 0 for the District Courts, and 0 for the Court of International Trade.[3] There are currently 12 vacancies on the U.S. Courts of Appeals, 120 vacancies on the U.S. District Courts, 2 vacancies on the U.S. Court of International Trade,[3] and 17 announced federal judicial vacancies that will occur before the end of Trump's first term (3 for the Courts of Appeals and 14 for District Courts).[4] Trump has not made any recess appointments to the federal courts.
List of federal judges appointed by Donald Trump - Wikipedia

I guess a US District Court nomination doesn't count, OH and there are others. Commie senators have challenged at least 2 on the basis of their religion.

Dems challenge Trump judicial nominee over Knights of Columbus membership

Have we all forgotten how obama did pretty much the exact same thing over the a.c.a?

I know, before you say "b..b..b..but obama!", understand that it is relevant, because you cant get angry over trump shutdown, while being behind an obama shutdown. If you would have had outrage back then, you would be justified now.

The reason Trump is president is Americans in 30 states voted him president, hence you are a big fat liar.

I explained to my 12 year old niece that Trump won because in spite of losing the popular vote by 3 million votes...he was somehow able to garner 80,000 crucial votes spread across three key states and squeak through the Electoral College and win the Oval Office...

She understood but then she hasn't used the phrase "big fat liar" in years so...I doubt you'd get it

Trump could have lost two of those three states and still won the EC. So maybe she should have use the 'big fat liar", on you.

Also, dems are so concerned with these furloughed workers, but they won't compromise on a simple 5 billion dollar proposal. This would be a drop in the bucket. I promise, the government will waste much more that 5 billion this year.

Make no mistake, dems do not want this shutdown to end. They want this to be as long and painful as possible, so they can use it going in to 2020, and point and say "look at what the repubs did"

The furloughed workers are nothing more than a political prop, to both sides, to be fair. But this feign outrage about these furloughed workers is simply political.

Also, dems are so concerned with these furloughed workers, but they won't compromise on a simple 5 billion dollar proposal. This would be a drop in the bucket. I promise, the government will waste much more that 5 billion this year.

Make no mistake, dems do not want this shutdown to end. They want this to be as long and painful as possible, so they can use it going in to 2020, and point and say "look at what the repubs did"

The furloughed workers are nothing more than a political prop, to both sides, to be fair. But this feign outrage about these furloughed workers is simply political.
that your asshole promised it and it's all bs means nothing to you?

Last edited:

Yeah, trump lied, misspoke, misplanned, what ever, when he said Mexico would pay for the wall. I get it, let's move past that. ALL politicians lie and make promises they never keep. It happens every election, and the repubs will eat that one.

We can dwell on the trump lie, or we can focus on getting furloughed workers back on the job.

Give trump his wall, let's the workers go back to work.

What is McConnell doing?

If he does that Turtle needs to go along with most of the Republicans who refuse to stand up to him

Until Minority Leader Chuck U. Schumer agrees to negotiate , there are no 60 votes , so there is really little point in drafting legislation.

The next move will come from Chuck and Nancy.

Yeah, trump lied, misspoke, misplanned, what ever, when he said Mexico would pay for the wall. I get it, let's move past that. ALL politicians lie and make promises they never keep. It happens every election, and the repubs will eat that one.

We can dwell on the trump lie, or we can focus on getting furloughed workers back on the job.

take the pos russian spys wall and shove it where it belongs

Pay the ransom so the Kidnapper releases the hostages huh?

What is McConnell doing?

Senate Republicans are spineless whimps. They don't want Trump's fucking wall either, and they've gone on along, with Mitch McConnell stating last week that they aren't going to put their nose to the grind on anything because Trump has rolled them on so many things. Trump makes a deal with them one day, and then he turns on Rush Limbaugh or listens to FOX NEWS and then burns them the next day. So McConnell has thrown in the towel on working to resolve anything.

Senate Republicans could easily join with Democrats to get the government running again, and steam roll Trump on his government shutdown. But they're gutless, and are proving over and over again that they couldn't manage a corner lemonade stand. They're definitely not leaders. It's just too bad that they're still getting a paycheck.

Trump is the National Security threat, and they won't do a damn thing about it.

TRUMPmuzzle.jpg

Forum List

Back