Where is the Proof that Blacks are as Smart as Whites?

Ian - I have been teaching for special education for 13 years. The black students in my classes are far brighter than the white ones. They are classified special ed. usually because of laziness and behavior issues. It's a sin what is being done to these kids. They are raised to think that college is just for white people. And they are told from a young age that teachers have different expectations for them. Affirmative action and racial norms on testing is prejudice at its worst. Those that claim to want to help minorities really don't believe they are equal. "The soft bigotry of low expectations..."

I spend a lot of time as a volunteer tutor for local high school kids. I have seen no real difference in intellegence between students based on race. The kids I have come into contact with that have the biggest problems learning are white, hispanic, apache, navajo, zuni, and black(there are actually several 'black' apaches). The only thing that the ones that need help seem to have in common are behavior issues. Unfortunately it appears that most of the poor behavior that causes the problems in the first place is poor behavior on the part of the parents. The schools seem to have this attitude of low expectations, as your post stated.
On a personal level, I just love seeing that 'eureka!' look on the face of a kid who suddenly realizes that they "got it". I don't care what color they are, that look is the same.

I spend a lot of time as a volunteer tutor for local high school kids. I have seen no real difference in intellegence between students based on race. The kids I have come into contact with that have the biggest problems learning are white, hispanic, apache, navajo, zuni, and black(there are actually several 'black' apaches). The only thing that the ones that need help seem to have in common are behavior issues. Unfortunately it appears that most of the poor behavior that causes the problems in the first place is poor behavior on the part of the parents. The schools seem to have this attitude of low expectations, as your post stated.
On a personal level, I just love seeing that 'eureka!' look on the face of a kid who suddenly realizes that they "got it". I don't care what color they are, that look is the same.

Bravo.....now that we can safely admit we aren't colorblind, I suppose I'll add that I agree and concur with slackjawed. I'll even admit that I've taught Classrooms full of ONLY Blacks, and ONLY hispanics, and ONLY whites, as well as a Classroom Evenly divided between all three races.

And I found that Caucasians are the most unpleasent group. Maybe they are the smartest. I don't know.

But they are the smartest asses.

There's IQ and then there's Emotional Intelligence. My Racism leads me to conclude caucasions lag behind in this area.

I haven't seen that data. Is it available?

of course. actually it is much worse than I implied. and you will notice the link is Journal of Blacks in Higher Education and the original data is from the College Board which runs the SATs.
JBHE: Latest News for 1/22/09
The graph there is very interesting. Blacks in the highest income bracket score a whopping 183 points higher than blacks in the lowest income bracket. Whites in the highest bracket only score 152 points higher than whites in the lowest brackets.

This seems to actually prove that blacks are more intelligent than whites! Perhaps if we give all black people $400,000 per year incomes they'll pump out genius offspring and solve all the problems in the world.

:clap2:

and still the elite blacks are producing children with SATs only 3 points higher than white families with incomes less than 20K. very impressive. the black/white gap for >200K is 149. the elite black children can't even crack the 1000 barrier in SAT scoring. not much likelyhood of finding a treasure trove of geniuses there, I'm afraid.

Ian - I have been teaching for special education for 13 years. The black students in my classes are far brighter than the white ones. They are classified special ed. usually because of laziness and behavior issues. It's a sin what is being done to these kids. They are raised to think that college is just for white people. And they are told from a young age that teachers have different expectations for them. Affirmative action and racial norms on testing is prejudice at its worst. Those that claim to want to help minorities really don't believe they are equal. "The soft bigotry of low expectations..."

both quotes are interesting. "The soft bigotry of low expectations...". what happens when we set high standards and they are not met? any state that has exit exams for high school graduation gets a lot of flak for those students that can't pass. likewise for university teaching students that graduate their courses only to find that they can't pass state competency exams at anything close to a reasonable rate.

"The only thing that the ones that need help seem to have in common are behavior issues. Unfortunately it appears that most of the poor behavior that causes the problems in the first place is poor behavior on the part of the parents." and how are we suposed to change the behaviour of the parents and the children? that is a culture thing. and at best tangential to the thread. you are giving reasons why blacks are failing, I asked for evidence that they are not. everyone knows blacks don't do well in school but they turn around and say blacks are just as smart, without evidence.

doesn't your statement apply to just about everyone in the world? you perhaps?

how does my saying that blacks, on average, have a lower applied average intelligence affect Stevie Wonder's ability to play music? why should it? my statement will apply and make verifiable predictions as to how many blacks will be able to master calculus, or work in engineering, or law, etc

Take a look at what the President use to do for a living lately? The point I'm trying to make is that many African Americans have accomplished a great deal in a wide variety of fields. The numbers are unknown since there are so many. And your racist bullshit doesn't fly here.

By the way, this coming from a white person, SAT prep courses can be fuckin expensive. :eusa_eh:

personally I believe Obama is clever. and nothing I have ever said precludes some blacks from being very smart or some whites from being very stupid. the LCATs show that blacks go into law school with a large deficit in intelligence and preparation though. that is why so few pass the bar, especially when they have received large AA preference.

so far no one has given any evidence that blacks have the same intelligence as other races. a few have given a few lame excuses as to why they do poorly but that is not really answering the question, is it?

Not in Nigeria.

interesting. what makes you say that? are you saying that whites don't do as well as blacks in Nigerian schools?

no. in british schools

im ashamed ive bothered to participate in this. i feel dumber already.

DCSF: Attainment by Pupil Characteristics, in England 2007/08 go to page 16of 25 in the PDF

the official govt stats don't seem to agree with your link. blacks do very poorly indeed. the girl not quite as bad as the boys.

The only proof you need is blacks don't post threads like this

of course. actually it is much worse than I implied. and you will notice the link is Journal of Blacks in Higher Education and the original data is from the College Board which runs the SATs.
JBHE: Latest News for 1/22/09
The graph there is very interesting. Blacks in the highest income bracket score a whopping 183 points higher than blacks in the lowest income bracket. Whites in the highest bracket only score 152 points higher than whites in the lowest brackets.

This seems to actually prove that blacks are more intelligent than whites! Perhaps if we give all black people $400,000 per year incomes they'll pump out genius offspring and solve all the problems in the world.

and still the elite blacks are producing children with SATs only 3 points higher than white families with incomes less than 20K. very impressive. the black/white gap for >200K is 149. the elite black children can't even crack the 1000 barrier in SAT scoring. not much likelyhood of finding a treasure trove of geniuses there, I'm afraid.
Prolly because blacks haven't been in the elite classes for very long. It takes awhile to make up for things...but as your graph clearly shows, the real predictor of scoring well on achievement tests is wealth. And since blacks seem to gain more (183 vs 152 point spread), what you've done in this thread is completely debunk your theory that whites are genetically more intelligent than whites.

Thank you and now slither back under your rock, fucktard.

The evidence that whites are inherently smarter than blacks is overwhelming. So is the evidence that we can't even discuss this issue rationally.

Prolly because blacks haven't been in the elite classes for very long. It takes awhile to make up for things...but as your graph clearly shows, the real predictor of scoring well on achievement tests is wealth. And since blacks seem to gain more (183 vs 152 point spread), what you've done in this thread is completely debunk your theory that whites are genetically more intelligent than whites.

hahaha. how exactly does going from almost retarded to low normal debunk the observation that blacks are a bit slow?

the faked data and political squelching of disenting opinion brought to light about Global Warming by Climategate has led me to wonder about the differences in intelligence between the races. climategate has shown that a political ideology can overwhelm mainstream thinking to the point of manufacturing false evidence for the approved side of the argument and withholding/ignoring evidence from the unpopular side.

is there any evidence that blacks are as smart as other races? or is it just semantic arguing about what could possibly be if some magical process was finally found? Head Start, special charter school, etc seem to improve things for a short while and then the gap returns to its usual size. where is the actual evidence that the gap is not permanent and biological?

on the other hand, where is the evidence that blacks don't quite measure up intellectually? is just the act of living a form of IQ test where even small advantages in decision making (the active ingredient in intelligence tests) multiply over time to become large differences?

anybody have any thoughts or evidence they would like to discuss?

I can think of at least one white who is an idiot.

The evidence that whites are inherently smarter than blacks is overwhelming. So is the evidence that we can't even discuss this issue rationally.

the reason we can't discuss this rationally is because the evidence is all on one side. you have to suspend all logic and close your eyes to the mountains of evidence if you want to believe in the fable of egalitarianism.

obviously it isnt easy to defend the equality of black intelligence, otherwise there would be something more than just personal insults on this thread. even the warmers have a better case than the black intelligence defenders. hell, even the 9/11 truthers can muster up a vaguely plausible story.

hahaha. how exactly does going from almost retarded to low normal debunk the observation that blacks are a bit slow?
Since the average SAT score is 1500 I'd say no one in that graph was a genius.

But that's besides the point. The blacks show a higher potential for getting better scores based on family income. It doesn't show that blacks are smarter but it does show that family income is an important factor. And since blacks tend to be on the poor end of the income scale overall, they show a greater test score gap depending on income.

That's all any critical thinker needs to know to realize what a retarded racist asswipe you really are.

Oh, but wait...you aren't a critical thinker so you will disregard your own evidence.

:rofl:

Since the average SAT score is 1500 I'd say no one in that graph was a genius.

But that's besides the point. The blacks show a higher potential for getting better scores based on family income. It doesn't show that blacks are smarter but it does show that family income is an important factor. And since blacks tend to be on the poor end of the income scale overall, they show a greater test score gap depending on income.

That's all any critical thinker needs to know to realize what a retarded racist asswipe you really are.

Oh, but wait...you aren't a critical thinker so you will disregard your own evidence.

:rofl:

I think you get a little bit retarded when someone brings up this subject. did you actually think that average SAT scores are 1500 but that somehow those scores were only 1000? hahaha, you aren't thinking straight. earth to Ravi, the numbers quoted are for math and verbal, and don't include the controversial writing section. I think it is hilarious that you would be claiming to be a critical thinker when all you do is hurl insults. making excuses for why blacks don't perform well is not the same as showing that blacks perform well. don't you comprehend that? if you want to make believe that some day, far in the future, with some unknown remedy in place, that blacks can be brought up to the level of whites, that is your fantasy, your hope, your dream; and I don't want to take that away from you. but right now, today, and for the next 50 years at least, blacks don't measure up in their ability to become educated or trained. they start with a small deficit as toddlers and grow progressively farther behind until they reach their twenties, a full standard deviation behind.

so far no one has given any evidence that blacks have the same intelligence as other races. a few have given a few lame excuses as to why they do poorly but that is not really answering the question, is it?

no one's given any evidence you're a primate, either, yet we take your word for it.

you're totally filling the bill as a lame excuse, though.

:thup:

no one's given any evidence you're a primate, either, yet we take your word for it.

you're totally filling the bill as a lame excuse, though.

:thup:

Take your stinking paws off me, you damn dirty ape!

madhouse.jpg

STILL no one even trying to make a case for black intelligence? I realize it is an almost helpless case but I really though someone would at least try. if only so I could rip apart their arguments and pile on more evidence to my side. so continue your cowering. and hurl a few ineffectual insults if that makes you feel better.

Forum List

Back