Where is the Proof that Blacks are as Smart as Whites?

Take a look at what the President use to do for a living lately? The point I'm trying to make is that many African Americans have accomplished a great deal in a wide variety of fields. The numbers are unknown since there are so many. And your racist bullshit doesn't fly here.

By the way, this coming from a white person, SAT prep courses can be fuckin expensive. :eusa_eh:

personally I believe Obama is clever. and nothing I have ever said precludes some blacks from being very smart or some whites from being very stupid. the LCATs show that blacks go into law school with a large deficit in intelligence and preparation though. that is why so few pass the bar, especially when they have received large AA preference.

I think you are confusing 'intelligence' with information. They are NOT the same. If you use the law school candidates as support for your argument, then your racism is blinding you to the degree that you cannot draw a valid conclusion from your own data. Your post above says that undergraduate schools that blacks attend don't prepare students as well as the schools that whites attend. And that's all. It doesn't say anything about the students. The took and passed the classes they had available. The students don't determine the quality of professor that they find when they attend the school. A whole lot of other factors determine that.

That's the problem when you let race 'color' your thinking.........you miss everything else.

although a case for 'information confused with intelligence' might be made and consequently disproved for the SATs, the LSATs are designed to measure logical thinking in the context of preparing arguments.

the universities that black undergraduates attend are typically better than the ones they would attend if admitted solely on qualifications, so I don't understand your reasonong on that point.

in law schools, 50% of the black students that don't drop out earn marks that put them in the bottom tenth of the class. exactly how is that the professors' fault? when you add in the black passing rate for the bar exam of close to 50%, that means most of those students in the bottom tenth never even get to practice law (but still get the student debt).

so what, exactly, am I missing by analyzing racial performance in higher education? or any education for that matter?

OK Sampson, I did a quick google for Ogbu and his research on Shaker Heights

But Ogbu couldn't help his caller. He explained that he was a researcher -- not an educator -- and that he had no ideas about how to increase the academic performance of students in a district he hadn't yet studied. A few weeks later, he got his chance. A group of parents hungry for solutions convinced the school district to join with them and formally invite the black anthropologist to visit Shaker Heights. Their discussions prompted Ogbu to propose a research project to figure out just what was happening. The district agreed to finance the study, and parents offered him unlimited access to their children and their homes.

The professor and his research assistant moved to Shaker Heights for nine months in mid-1997. They reviewed data and test scores. The team observed 110 different classes, from kindergarten all the way through high school. They conducted exhaustive interviews with school personnel, black parents, and students. Their project yielded an unexpected conclusion: It wasn't socioeconomics, school funding, or racism, that accounted for the students' poor academic performance; it was their own attitudes, and those of their parents.

Ogbu concluded that the average black student in Shaker Heights put little effort into schoolwork and was part of a peer culture that looked down on academic success as "acting white." Although he noted that other factors also play a role, and doesn't deny that there may be antiblack sentiment in the district, he concluded that discrimination alone could not explain the gap.

"The black parents feel it is their role to move to Shaker Heights, pay the higher taxes so their kids could graduate from Shaker, and that's where their role stops," Ogbu says during an interview at his home in the Oakland hills. "They believe the school system should take care of the rest. They didn't supervise their children that much. They didn't make sure their children did their homework. That's not how other ethnic groups think."

is that what you wanted from me? or has some magical reason to blame whites for the gap emerged since Ogbu's death?
the link,Rich, Black, Flunking | Feature | East Bay Express
and the header,
Rich, Black, Flunking
Cal Professor John Ogbu thinks he knows why rich black kids are failing in school. Nobody wants to hear it.

Racists usually experience paranoia more often than others.

I'm sure you have something to back that up. Unless of course you're just another douchebag who makes claims on a messageboard and then refuses to back it up. :eusa_whistle:

You admitted it already in this thread when you gave partial support to the OP. I didn't know amnesia was a symptom of racism. Or is this just a coincidence?

Racists usually experience paranoia more often than others.

I'm sure you have something to back that up. Unless of course you're just another douchebag who makes claims on a messageboard and then refuses to back it up. :eusa_whistle:

You admitted it already in this thread when you gave partial support to the OP. I didn't know amnesia was a symptom of racism. Or is this just a coincidence?

So you ARE just another douchebag with a lot of ignorant, uninformed opinions that you believe are somehow validated when you post them on the internet.

:thup:

So you ARE just another douchebag with a lot of ignorant, uninformed opinions that you believe are somehow validated when you post them on the internet.

:thup:

I'm the kind of douchebag who knows how defend his claims. That sucks for you:

(manifold)
"IanC really cracks me up.

I'm objective enough to acknowledge that there is some truth in what he says. But I'm also wise enough to acknowledge that the benefits of sweeping it under the rug may well outweigh the cost.

But I still love watching how the deniers flock to undermine his posts with derision. It's all very entertaining."

Now dance and try to make us believe you can support racism but are somehow not guilty of being a racist. It's all very entertaining.

I wonder if it a by-product of lower black intelligence (on average, of course) that as a group they seem to have a very large problem distinguishiing what is said from who is saying it. they often believe anything that a black talking head (like Jesse or Al) says and yet will vehemently deny the same statement made by someone else. perhaps its just black a black cultural norm to decide who is trustworthy or not and then stop thinking critically of what is said.

Now dance and try to make us believe you can support racism

Where did I say I "support" racism?

Oh yeah, I didn't. Another douchebag claim that you cannot defend.

are somehow not guilty of being a racist.

I didn't say that either.

You're battting zero fruitloop. Keep swinging though, it's all very entertaining.

Oh, and point us to the evidence you have that racists tend to suffer from paranoia. I'd really like to read it.

Last edited:
Read IanC's posts. He comes across as a conspiracy theorist. A believer in unproven conspiracies suffers from a form of paranoia. For instance, he believes a small subset of Americans (poor black people) caused the world wide financial crisis.

:cuckoo:

There is statistical proof that the Negro is NOT as smart as the CAUCASIAN (white-man). The black-white gap is 15 points when measured on the Wechsler tests, 18 on the Stanford-Binet. Both tests are, of course, normed so as to produce an average of 100, but the white average is a higher. On the Wechsler metric, whites and blacks average 102 and 87, respectively. On both tests, the gap between the races is almost exactly 1 SD (standard deviation). The gap of 1 SD has been observed since the earliest days of intelligence testing.
Black-White IQ Differences

Now dance and try to make us believe you can support racism

Where did I say I "support" racism?

Oh yeah, I didn't. Another douchebag claim that you cannot defend.

are somehow not guilty of being a racist.

I didn't say that either.

You're battting zero fruitloop. Keep swinging though, it's all very entertaining.

Oh, and point us to the evidence you have that racists tend to suffer from paranoia. I'd really like to read it.

You said you support racism when you defended ianc's position. If you would like to bait someone into a useless game of semantics then you would do better not wasting our time. I'm not the one. As for evidence racists are paranoid, it's pretty obvious but I'm guessing you're fishing for anything to whine about so instead wasting my time with links and debating let's just say if you want to say that is wrong then so be it. I don't care what you believe on the issue.

Read IanC's posts. He comes across as a conspiracy theorist. A believer in unproven conspiracies suffers from a form of paranoia. For instance, he believes a small subset of Americans (poor black people) caused the world wide financial crisis.

I was wondering how long it would be until "Ravi" chimed in on this tangent. :lol:

You said you support racism when you defended ianc's position.

I never defended IanC's position.

Perhaps you need to go back to 1st grade for a quick vocabulary lesson: Try looking up the meaning of the word "some." :lol:

If you would like to bait someone into a useless game of semantics then you would do better not wasting our time. I'm not the one.

Your continued participation here says otherwise. :thup:

As for evidence racists are paranoid, it's pretty obvious.

As obvious as the truth contained in IanC's OP I'd say. :lol:

I'm guessing you're fishing for anything to whine about so instead wasting my time with links and debating let's just say if you want to say that is wrong then so be it. I don't care what you believe on the issue.

Again, your continued participation says otherwise champ. :thup:

btw, Ian, if these kids aren't genetically tested to prove race how can we be sure that the data is even correct? I always put "other" when I fill out these race questionnaires...heck, sometimes I even LIE.:eusa_eh:

hmmm...if you put other then you basically don't get counted. but if you lie...interesting. you could, actually probably, hurt both averages.

How do you classify "whites" and "blacks?" What are the necessary conditions to qualify for each category?

Ask the proponents of affirmative action!

Well, it sounded as if you would have the relevent information at your esteemed mental fingertip.

Let's just assume for the sake of arguement that your opinion is correct: Black Immigrants achieve more than "regular black" students.

Why?

OK Sampson, I did a quick google for Ogbu and his research on Shaker Heights.....

is that what you wanted from me? or has some magical reason to blame whites for the gap emerged since Ogbu's death?

Erm......actually, I thought it was a pretty simple question.

But it seems you have no way of answering it, which is odd, since you're the one that made the assumption that Black Immigrants would preform better academically than the Black population in Ogbu's study.

Let's try ONE MORE FUCKING TIME:

WHY DO YOU THINK BLACK IMMIGRANT STUDENTS OUTPERFORM BLACK STUDENTS AT SHAKER HEIGHTS???

WHY DO YOU THINK BLACK IMMIGRANT STUDENTS OUTPERFORM BLACK STUDENTS AT SHAKER HEIGHTS???

Why do you think Asians outperform whites?

Why do you think whites outperform blacks?

Its nice that you've tried to jump in here to help the hapless Ian, but I think you're going to confuse him.

So far, this has been pretty easy to do.

But if you also share his assuption, why not answer the question?

hahaha. more evidence that you have a severe problem with reading comprehension

I said-
the first is the housing bubble. to right supposed past racial inequalities the CRA forced lending institutions to give out money to under qualified minorities, which snowballed into relaxing qualifications for everybody and everything. I am not putting the blame on minorities here, I am blaming the contortions we went through so that we could pretend all groups had the same fiscal responsibility.

Forum List

Back