Where is Bush?

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by clumzgirl, Apr 2, 2004.

1. clumzgirl

clumzgirl Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20
    I'm listening to Michael Savage and he brought up a good point. Where is Bush? Why hasn't be addressed the nation or released a formal statement about the lynchings in Fallujah? Could he really be so concerned about the election (still 8 months away) that he is too weak-willed to make a firm statement? I'm disgusted. Where is our leadership?

2. jimnyc

jimnyc ...

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +246
    I don't think you can expect him to address the nation with every last thing that happens in Iraq. Rest assured, action is going to be taken to bring these scumbags to justice (kill them hopefully).

3. lilcountriegal

lilcountriegal Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +59
    I agree with Jim. Just because Bush didnt address the nation does not mean that he is not showing leadership. There are already plans for a retaliatory attack against the Iraqis who executed this attack and what they did afterwards.

Rest assured, I believe justice will be served. Even if it is in the fashion of bullets and bombs.

4. clumzgirl

clumzgirl Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20
    I don't expect him to address every last thing, but I'm *pretty sure* this qualifies as a rather big deal. Dammit, I want action! Now!

Seriously, people are floundering, and this brings up memories of the "Black Hawk Down" incident. What did Clinton do? Nothing. What is W. doing? Nothing...at least, not yet.

And have you noticed the media is now reporting that the convoy in Fallujah wasn't "supposed to be there." So, now it's their fault for taking a wrong turn or something? Please. The liberal media makes me want to puke.

5. jimnyc

jimnyc ...

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +246
    FWIW - Reports earlier today stated that they were building up a military campaign just outside the city limits. Paul Bremer has already stated action will be taken and that it would be 'overwhelming'. I guess it's best to do this in a calculated fashion even though some would rather they just annihilate the entire city.

Just because no one is dead or captured yet doesn't mean nothing has been done.

6. MtnBiker

MtnBiker Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +230
    Keep in mind it is in Savage's best intrest to be provocative almost beyond the point of annoying. That is what he has built his program on. He enjoys stirring shit.

7. clumzgirl

clumzgirl Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Although I've only been listening to him for a few weeks, this is the most dejected I've ever heard him. And I enjoy his shit-stirring. He says the stuff I can't. Granted, he's a bit radical, but there's a grain of truth at the bottom of everything he says.

He's echoing my sentiments on the Fallujah issue. A simple condemnation of the events by W seems appropriate. A condemnation and an "it will be dealt with shortly" would be reassuring. Don't get me wrong, I'm a W supporter, hell I'm a volunteer for the reelction campaign, but I'm disappointed. I'd like to know for sure that we can count on him to defend us. I hope beyond hope that you are right, and that he is gathering the troops (figuratively and literally) for a coming retaliation.

8. MadMax

MadMax Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9

I have a hard time believing 4 ex navy seals did not know EXACTLY where they were? I too wish for answers and a violent swift response.

9. MadMax

MadMax Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9

I also agree with you on the left wing media bs, I can't watch it or I YAK!

10. spillmind

spillmind Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13
    3 SEALS and 1 army ranger.

that's a good one. are those the shows that show the bodies coming home? or how they got blasted? ...sorry, i don't watch much tv ;)

MAKE IT GO AWAY! :laugh: people are killed in just as horrific manners all the time in iraq, this just hits so hard because we rarely see it!