Where is alll the "disgruntled employees"

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/05/07/washington/07loans.html?_r=2&hp&oref=slogin

This is how Bush treated any whistling under his watch

Whistle-Blower on Student Aid Is Vindicated

Published: May 7, 2007
WASHINGTON — When Jon Oberg, a Department of Education researcher, warned in 2003 that student lending companies were improperly collecting hundreds of millions in federal subsidies and suggested how to correct the problem, his supervisor told him to work on something else.

Michael Temchine for The New York Times
Jon Oberg, a former Department of Education researcher, warned that student loan companies were abusing a subsidy program and collecting millions in federal payments to which they were not entitled.
The department “does not have an intramural program of research on postsecondary education finance,” the supervisor, Grover Whitehurst, a political appointee, wrote in a November 2003 e-mail message to Mr. Oberg, a civil servant who was soon to retire. “In the 18 months you have remaining, I will expect your time and talents to be directed primarily to our business of conceptualizing, competing and monitoring research grants.”

For three more years, the vast overpayments continued. Education Secretary Rod Paige and his successor, Margaret Spellings, argued repeatedly that under existing law they were powerless to stop the payments and that it was Congress that needed to act. Then this past January, the department largely shut off the subsidies by sending a simple letter to lenders — the very measure Mr. Oberg had urged in 2003.

how much lead paint do you ingest on a daily basis?

Del, Bush was a total disaster for this nation. Truthmatters has that right.

On a daily basis the nation needs to be reminded about how the Republicans screwed over this nation. And I will do my part to see that is done.

WASHINGTON — When Jon Oberg, a Department of Education researcher, warned in 2003 that student lending companies were improperly collecting hundreds of millions in federal subsidies and suggested how to correct the problem, his supervisor told him to work on something else.

Jon Oberg, a former Department of Education researcher, warned that student loan companies were abusing a subsidy program and collecting millions in federal payments to which they were not entitled.
The department “does not have an intramural program of research on postsecondary education finance,” the supervisor, Grover Whitehurst, a political appointee, wrote in a November 2003 e-mail message to Mr. Oberg, a civil servant who was soon to retire. “In the 18 months you have remaining, I will expect your time and talents to be directed primarily to our business of conceptualizing, competing and monitoring research grants.”

For three more years, the vast overpayments continued. Education Secretary Rod Paige and his successor, Margaret Spellings, argued repeatedly that under existing law they were powerless to stop the payments and that it was Congress that needed to act. Then this past January, the department largely shut off the subsidies by sending a simple letter to lenders — the very measure Mr. Oberg had urged in 2003.

On a daily basis the nation needs to be reminded about how the Republicans screwed over this nation. And I will do my part to see that is done.

it's good of you to take time out of your busy schedule to do that.

of course, some of us can remember more than thirty minutes into the past, but if it makes you feel better, go for it.

Del is more interested in internet chummery than politics , he is not to be taken seriously ,hense my post to him.

You are right though OR

I remember teh Republican monions calling these people all sorts of names and it turns out they were correct in their acessments of the danger.

We got hit and these people were trashed by you and your precious party.

Dont you EVER expect to stop hearing about your failure to your country.

You became the ultimate partisans when you should have become patriots.

Time out now.....while I cannot vouch for the sources, this makes for VERY interesting reading. Are you Del, or any of the other people slinging personal insults, refuting the information posted here?

I try to ignore del because hes mostly a waste of time if you want to actually discuss politics.

No, of course they are not.

Because these statements are correct, and the only answer that is available is personal insult and invectutive.

Actually, Del is pretty much an equal oppertunity insulter. However, he seems to have Conservative tendencies and gets his feelings hurt easily when someone points out the truth concerning the prior administration.

Hes a waste of time if you really want to discuss anything. I still love you though del, kisses

it's good of you to take time out of your busy schedule to do that.

of course, some of us can remember more than thirty minutes into the past, but if it makes you feel better, go for it.

LOL. Well, for the first time that is an accurate insult. For the first time in nearly 40 years, only 40 hrs a week. Only one overtime day for the whole year. Quite a change from my normal six days a week, often twelve hours a day.

A welcome change. Have done much catching up on geology, fishing, and boll weevilling.

Bush and team Punished counter terror people for speaking of the threat.

Obama is jumping on the real problems and looks like he plans on fixing tem.

YOu don't have to worry about anyone leaving OL'BO. He'll just throw em under his big assed bus. He's already gotten rid of a few that way.

you really are a partisan hack huh??

How does that help our country?

are you a party over country type?

TM,

Do you remember what you used to tell me when I used to accuse you of being a partisan hack?

You used to tell me that you would treat a Democratic administration in the same way that you treated the Bush Administration... with the same kind of hatred and gusto. You used to say that I had not known you during a Democratic Administration but that you would just as vigorously oppose a Democratic President as you would the current Administration and it seemed like you believed it.

I'm just curious... what happened?

Immie

So let me get this straight. NONE of the people throwing personal insults at the OP can refute ANY of the information he has posted? If this is the case, why the personal insults for simply providing solid information available for discussion?

Forum List

Back