Obama: Republicans are royally angry and who can blame them?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by rdean, Dec 30, 2009.

1. rdean

rdean rddean

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,064
    Someone tried to bring down a packed passenger jet. After 9/11 and you would think the government would have a better handle on these types of events. Read the following story:

It was the scream that people noticed. Monique Danison, an American college student, had just finished lunch on the overseas to the US American Airlines Flight when she heard a woman cry out in terror. "When someone screams the way she did," says Danison, "you know something bad is happening."
    Bad is right.
    A passenger on the Boeing 767, was trying to light a fuse witnesses say. According to the FBI, there were enough high explosives to blow a hole in the fuselage of the aircraft. But the attempted bombing was foiled. Two flight attendants struggled with the man after one of them noticed the sulfurous smell of a lighted match. Danison remembers one of the attendants crying, "Oh, my God! Somebody help me!" and then calling for "water, contact solution, anything you have." Passengers passed cups and glasses back to the scene.

Only, it wasn’t Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab, no, it was Richard Reid and this story was from Time, By MICHAEL ELLIOTT Saturday, Feb. 16, 2002.

The Shoe Bomber's World - TIME

US Jet flying in from a European country with a suspected al Qaeda initiate on board carrying concealed explosives that is subdued by passengers.

Déjà vu????

This has not only happened before, but it was after 9/11 and on the Republican watch.

Do you realize that if proper security measures were put in place after that attack, we might NOT be having this conversation?

In spite of this happening on Republican’s watch, they use it to go after Obama. Even after Republicans voted AGAINST funding for the Transportation Security Agency, voted against bomb detectors (I think they were worried about “privacy”, but I could be wrong) and Senator Jim DeMint, a South Carolina Republican, is leading the charge against ratifying Obama’s nominee to head the TSA.

They didn’t do ANYTHING after the first time it happened, ON REPUBLCIAN WATCH, why are they so concerned now? Are they hoping this is Obama’s “Waterloo”? Do they think this might help Obama “FAIL”?

Worse, they are going after Obama for not speaking out “fast enough”. Honestly, I don’t remember Bush or the Republicans saying ANYTHING about the first attack. I wonder how long it took Bush to speak about the first attack? Was it a week? More?

Did they ever even talk about it?

Am I wrong? Does the Republican Party always put politics AHEAD of the good of the country?

Ah yes, the Republicans went on and on about how great it was that Richard Reid was prosecuted in Federal Court, was subject to the US Justice system and is spending the rest of his life in Maximum Security. How well the system “worked”. They marveled at Bush’s handling of the situation.

And now, a few short years later, “How dare Obama give this guy “citizen’s right” and prosecute him in a Federal Court.

W
    T
    F
    ????

Does the Republican Party ALWAYS have to put politics ahead of the country? Does it mean that much to Republicans if Obama “fails”? Are they looking this desperately for his “Waterloo”?

2. del

del BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,885
    your guardian should be horsewhipped.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. nodoginnafight

nodoginnafight No Party Affiliation

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,497
    In a time of crisis Democrats were able to rally behind a Republican president. Republicans, in a time of crisis, look for political gain - disgusting.

I'm not a Democrat by any means - I disagree with a lot of their agenda. But if someone mistakes me for a Democrat, I do not feel nearly as insulted as when someone mistakes me for a Republican.

4. Truthmatters

Truthmatters BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,233
    The 911 commission suggested better communication between all the entities involved with keeping us safe including contact with foreign inteities.

Bush had years to fix this and left it for Obama along with a screwed economy and a couple of wars, crumbling infrastructure massive debt to China to name a few problems.

5. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,618
    Blaming the failure of HSA to prevent on Obama makes about as much sense as blaming Bush II for failing to prevent 9-11.

They're merely chief administrators, not GODS.

6. rdean

rdean rddean

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,064
    You guys like that kind of stuff, don't you? Do you yell, "Yipee" when you make that cracking noise?

7. rdean

rdean rddean

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,064

Bush and the Republicans had two chances to put security measure in place. 9/11 and Richard Reid. How many chances do you get?

8. Old Rocks

Old Rocks Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,423
    Now Del, just because the Republican Party seems to be a pack of retards for the last decade, is no reason to horsewhip the person that points it out:lol:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  9. PLYMCO_PILGRIM

PLYMCO_PILGRIM Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,863
    OMG OMG OMG

Me and EDITEC have the same opinion....holy shit the world is gonna end :lol:

But seriously I do agree with this statement.

To the rest of you who are either spinning this to attack obama or spinning it to say you can blame bush I only have one thing to say.....YOUR BLATANT BIAS MAKES YOU LOOK LIKE HACKS

Last edited: Dec 30, 2009
  10. Old Rocks

Old Rocks Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,423
    Actually, Bush had a chance to at least put some security measures into effect prior to 9-11. There were over 50 warnings concerning an impending attack.

The attack still might not be prevented. However, at least we might have had some respect for Bush. As is, the totallity of the efforts on the part of his administration prior to 9-11 was zero. And then there was the matter of Bush's statement six months after 9-11, "Bin Laden is not a concern of mine". 3000 Americans murdered on American soil, and the perpretator of that attack is not a concern of the American President? Unbelievable. Even today, unbelievable.