Where do I go for food?

Againsheila

Gold Member
Nov 1, 2008
Federal Way WA
Been reading some horrible stuff about the damage done by Fukashima. Even the food grown in my own yard is suspect as the rain has radiation in it. We're told to wash our vegetables with soap and water and then rinse them in filtered water. Well guess what? The rain isn't filtered, the ground water isn't filtered, so how is washing them in soap and water and rinsing them in filtered water suppose to help? Where are we suppose to get safe food these days? It's a scary world right now.

I'm concerned about this as well. I eat a lot of organic produce from Whole Foods and it's brought in from California. I may have to start eating local again, which isn't exactly a bad thing since I will be supporting local farmers

Been reading some horrible stuff about the damage done by Fukashima. Even the food grown in my own yard is suspect as the rain has radiation in it. We're told to wash our vegetables with soap and water and then rinse them in filtered water. Well guess what? The rain isn't filtered, the ground water isn't filtered, so how is washing them in soap and water and rinsing them in filtered water suppose to help? Where are we suppose to get safe food these days? It's a scary world right now.

Everything has radiation. All organic matter has C-14 in it, which decays constantly. Dirt has multiple isotopes that decay constantly.

The question is always HOW MUCH radiation is being added, which is probably minimal and has no appricable impact on human life.

Forum List

Back