CDZ Where Do Guns Used In Crimes Come From?

Straw purchase: Absolutely. Can laws be amended to preclude back room gun deals, internet sales, etc?
None of these things have anything to do with straw purchases;
Straw purchases demonstrate the inanity of the idea that it is possible for a law to prevent people from breaking another law.

au contraire...

straw pur·chase
noun
US
  1. a criminal act in which a person who is prohibited from buying firearms uses another person to buy a gun on their behalf.

When I hear you've paid up for having lost the bet you took, a bet which has to do with three year old children shooting others, not with others shooting three year olds, I will happily make explanations. For now, however, you need to stand by your word and send the money because you took a bet and lost.

Once you've lived up to your word, I'll explain to that family how no law is going to bring back and thus save their 13 month old. I'll also explain to them that I haven't proposed any gun control measure that would have saved their 13 month old. Finally, I'll explain to them that no gun rights advocate has offered any solution proposal that would have saved their 13 month old.

And here is another toddler killed because his drug dealer father got him shot....

Father charged after toddler shot in drug deal argument :: WRAL.com

And a 6 year old from a baby momma shoots his sibling.....as the drug using mother visits the halfway house....

Mother charged after child fatally shoots 4-year-old brother in East Orange

And here we have another one....make your payment to the NRA....

Father flees Kensington home after daughter, 4, shot dead by brother

Sawyer said shootings and drugs were a constant concern in the neighborhood.

Rundown rowhouses fill the neighborhood, notorious for crime and a haven for heroin, crack cocaine, and marijuana. Drug needles and other debris are scattered on the streets. Police call the few blocks that include the scene of the shooting "the gun grid."

East Mayfield Street abuts Hope Park, itself known as a center for drug dealing. Police in the 24th District count more than 3,000 drug arrests there each year.

Even as police closed the street and congregated around the scene of the shooting Saturday afternoon, drug deals appeared to continue nearby.

You can find fifty million examples of whatever you want. Nary a one nor all of them combined will alter the fact that you took the bet noted in your remarks below.

Those 3 year olds........I would take any bet that those children are the children of 16 year old baby mamas of our criminal underclass....they are not the children of normal families who own guns...they live in inner cities ruled by drugs and gang violence....so if you want to save their lives.......then you have to fix the single, teenage mother problem in this country.....
I have shown that what you bet on about the nature and circumstances of at least one three year old gun shooter's family is not at all what you "would take any bet" about. There is nothing you can say/write that will alter those facts.

You lost the bet. Pay up; send the money.

Sorry...your individual stories that get the attention of the anti gun media are not representative of the truth......I have given you actual facts and actual stories of the deaths of children....you can make your payment to the NRA......

1. I didn't make a wager or promise to send anything to the NRA.
  2. They aren't my stories. They are the stories of people who've had their toddlers shoot and kill other people. You lost the bet you stated you'd take. Send the money.
  3. You keep attempting to deflect away from the fact that you lost a bet you made. Nobody asked you to participate in a bet. You lost the bet you stated you'd take. Send the money.
  4. You voluntarily sat there -- loud, strong and wrong as could be -- and you "opened your big mouth" you would "take any bet...". You have two choices. You can refuse to pay up or you can be a man of your word and send the money.
Just to refresh your memory:

Those 3 year olds........I would take any bet that those children are the children of 16 year old baby mamas of our criminal underclass....they are not the children of normal families who own guns...they live in inner cities ruled by drugs and gang violence....so if you want to save their lives.......then you have to fix the single, teenage mother problem in this country.....

Since you'd "take any bet," let's be reasonable and call it $50.

That's a bet you lose, and here's the address to which you can remit your check or money order:
Coalition to Stop Gun Violence
805 15th Street NW, Suite 700
Washington, DC 20005​
Just put 2aguy on the memo line. I'll be sure to have them keep an eye open for it.

You are one odd character....does your mental health professional know about your internet activity?
Dude...this is the CDZ.

TAKE YOUR BULLSHIT ELSEWHERE.

Straw purchase: Absolutely. Can laws be amended to preclude back room gun deals, internet sales, etc?
Straw purchases demonstrate the inanity of the idea that it is possible for a law to prevent people from breaking another law.

au contraire...

straw pur·chase
noun
US
  1. a criminal act in which a person who is prohibited from buying firearms uses another person to buy a gun on their behalf.

Do you realize that the guy with the clean record used by the criminal to buy a gun from a gun store...can also be used to buy a gun from a private seller....making universal checks stupid....

But of course, the point is that anti gunners know this.....they need universal background checks in order to get gun registration...they can't get registration without universal background checks.....

And here is another toddler killed because his drug dealer father got him shot....

Father charged after toddler shot in drug deal argument :: WRAL.com

And a 6 year old from a baby momma shoots his sibling.....as the drug using mother visits the halfway house....

Mother charged after child fatally shoots 4-year-old brother in East Orange

And here we have another one....make your payment to the NRA....

Father flees Kensington home after daughter, 4, shot dead by brother

Sawyer said shootings and drugs were a constant concern in the neighborhood.

Rundown rowhouses fill the neighborhood, notorious for crime and a haven for heroin, crack cocaine, and marijuana. Drug needles and other debris are scattered on the streets. Police call the few blocks that include the scene of the shooting "the gun grid."

East Mayfield Street abuts Hope Park, itself known as a center for drug dealing. Police in the 24th District count more than 3,000 drug arrests there each year.

Even as police closed the street and congregated around the scene of the shooting Saturday afternoon, drug deals appeared to continue nearby.

You can find fifty million examples of whatever you want. Nary a one nor all of them combined will alter the fact that you took the bet noted in your remarks below.

I have shown that what you bet on about the nature and circumstances of at least one three year old gun shooter's family is not at all what you "would take any bet" about. There is nothing you can say/write that will alter those facts.

You lost the bet. Pay up; send the money.

Sorry...your individual stories that get the attention of the anti gun media are not representative of the truth......I have given you actual facts and actual stories of the deaths of children....you can make your payment to the NRA......

1. I didn't make a wager or promise to send anything to the NRA.
  2. They aren't my stories. They are the stories of people who've had their toddlers shoot and kill other people. You lost the bet you stated you'd take. Send the money.
  3. You keep attempting to deflect away from the fact that you lost a bet you made. Nobody asked you to participate in a bet. You lost the bet you stated you'd take. Send the money.
  4. You voluntarily sat there -- loud, strong and wrong as could be -- and you "opened your big mouth" you would "take any bet...". You have two choices. You can refuse to pay up or you can be a man of your word and send the money.
Just to refresh your memory:

Since you'd "take any bet," let's be reasonable and call it $50.

That's a bet you lose, and here's the address to which you can remit your check or money order:
Coalition to Stop Gun Violence
805 15th Street NW, Suite 700
Washington, DC 20005​
Just put 2aguy on the memo line. I'll be sure to have them keep an eye open for it.

You are one odd character....does your mental health professional know about your internet activity?
Dude...this is the CDZ.

TAKE YOUR BULLSHIT ELSEWHERE.

It is an honest question.......and one filled with concern for your welfare....

au contraire...

straw pur·chase
noun
US

Do you realize that the guy with the clean record used by the criminal to buy a gun from a gun store...can also be used to buy a gun from a private seller....making universal checks stupid....

But of course, the point is that anti gunners know this.....they need universal background checks in order to get gun registration...they can't get registration without universal background checks.....
And that's a bad thing? It keeps guns out of the hands of criminals.

au contraire...

straw pur·chase
noun
US

See.....you read the truth...and then see the opposite.....gun registration doesn't do anything to stop crime either..........

You do know that gun registration is not allowed for criminals right? Haynes v. United States makes this clear.........so registering guns...doesn't even apply to crimnals......

so universal background checks...don't work....gun registration...doesn't work.....and yet you guys keep pushing them........see why I am concerned for your health?

au contraire...

straw pur·chase
noun
US

How? Exactly?

au contraire...

straw pur·chase
noun
US

See.....you read the truth...and then see the opposite.....gun registration doesn't do anything to stop crime either..........

You do know that gun registration is not allowed for criminals right? Haynes v. United States makes this clear.........so registering guns...doesn't even apply to crimnals......

so universal background checks...don't work....gun registration...doesn't work.....and yet you guys keep pushing them........see why I am concerned for your health?

criminals are exempt from registration and licensing laws

on the basis of self incrimination

au contraire...

straw pur·chase
noun
US

How? Exactly?

Yeah...they never explain that...that is why I use the pixie dust example....

Consider how the supply of any marketplace functions.

Let's say the market has 100K widgets (items that are distribution-regulated) in it as follows:
  • 80K widgets owned by individuals, duly authorized or not
  • 20K widgets held for sale by merchants
So what happens as a result of a variety of events?
  • If the price of widgets increases, fewer of the 20K merchant-held widgets will be demanded over a given period of time, thus -- because of the importance of inventory turns, along with that of floorplan financing (see also: Floorplan Lending), in a retail business -- they will remain with the merchant, transferred (legally) to the merchant's outlet in a more demanding marketplace, or returned to the manufacturer.
  • If the price of a widget in the legal marketplace increases, their price in the black market will also increase.
  • If a law or other circumstance comes about outlawing widgets, some material quantity of widgets will cease to exist in the marketplace, thus reducing the quantity available from 100K to something less than 100K.
Additionally, at some point, some price, the cost-benefit calculus for buying a black market widget militates against buying one, even buying one illegally. For example, it just doesn't make sense to spend $1500 on a widget one plans to use to aid one in stealing $500 from a convenience store, particularly insofar as with each theft the risk of being caught increases, thereby forcing one to try to "hit" considerably tougher targets that also reduce the chances of successfully completing the theft. The theft act isn't the only one that works that way.

In contrast, the self-defense motive isn't hardly at all diminished by the increasing price of a widget. What is the successful defense of one's life worth? Surely more than whatever a widget costs. Moreover, regardless of the price of the widget, a self-defense motivated buyer hopes to never actually use it or have cause to use it. In that regard, the widget is much like collision or comprehensive insurance one might have on a car for which one has free and clear title. One buys it but one doesn't want to have to file a claim.

Now if one's aim is to reduce the quantity of widgets available to criminals and would be gun abusers in a given market, reducing the supply of them achieves that. I'm sure I don't need to tell you or anyone that the fewer widgets there are in a market, the harder it gets to become the owner of one of them. That will apply to illegal and legal consumers. The harder it is to get hold of a widget, the fewer are the folks who have one, be those folks authorized or unauthorized to have one. Quite simply, the laws of supply and demand hold true for both classes of individual.

The gun as a fetish in american society is more sacred than life, any who question anything are blasphemers.
It is not a fetish and your stupid remark was unwarranted to have an intelligent conversation. Gun ownership is a RIGHT what is recognized by the U.S. Constitution. It is not a right granted by the U.S. Constitution but an unalienable right recognized by the U.S. Constitution.

The behavior of your fellow zealots speaks for itself. Fetish. A symbol of the so called "freedom" you have in this society in the industrial/corporate surveillance state.

The gun as a fetish in american society is more sacred than life, any who question anything are blasphemers.
It is not a fetish and your stupid remark was unwarranted to have an intelligent conversation. Gun ownership is a RIGHT what is recognized by the U.S. Constitution. It is not a right granted by the U.S. Constitution but an unalienable right recognized by the U.S. Constitution.

The behavior of your fellow zealots speaks for itself. Fetish. A symbol of the so called "freedom" you have in this society in the industrial/corporate surveillance state.
You insist to call a right as a fetish. That pretty much disqualifies you from an intelligent conversation.

You insist to call a right as a fetish. That pretty much disqualifies you from an intelligent conversation.

If you were capable of that we might have had one, bye.

After the assault weapon ban, murders by assault weapons fell dramatically.

For that to be true, the murder rate in which firearms categorized as assault weapons under the ban were used to kill would have to have fallen more so than other types of firearms.

I challenge you to provide evidence to back up your claim.

For that to be true, the murder rate in which firearms categorized as assault weapons under the ban were used to kill would have to have fallen more so than other types of firearms.

We don't research on gun violence in america. By design. And legislation. Who do you think would lobby for something like that?

We don't research on gun violence in america. By design. And legislation. Who do you think would lobby for something like that?

So, stated differently, you CANNOT back up the claim.

Got it.

So, stated differently, you CANNOT back up the claim.

Got it.

Not my claim to back up, and weakass dodge by the way.

Do you think law-biding American citizens should be allowed to own firearms?

Forum List

Back