Where do criminals get guns..from the cops...Bay area cops lose 500 guns...

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
So...the anti gunners here keep saying if an innocent person has their gun stolen...they should be arrested and tossed in jail......so what do you do to the police when they lose 500 guns?

Hundreds of Guns Missing From Bay Area Police Agencies

An NBC Bay Area investigation into the loss and theft of police firearms uncovered more than 500 weapons have gone missing from eight different law enforcement agencies, including the California Highway Patrol, the federal Drug Enforcement Administration and six local departments since 2010.

The investigation found the problem of lost and stolen law enforcement weapons goes far beyond the gun stolen from a Bureau of Land Management ranger’s vehicle in San Francisco. That gun was later tied to the shooting death of Kate Steinle on Pier 14 in San Francisco on July 1, 2015, police confirm.

NBC Bay Area’s investigation uncovered hundreds of guns missing from Bay Area law enforcement agencies, stolen from officers’ homes or vehicles, or simply unaccounted for. The BLM, the agency responsible for the gun that killed Steinle, did not respond to NBC Bay Area’s open records requests submitted in July, shortly after the shooting, and the question of how many firearms that federal agency can’t account for remains open.

Sooooooo..I thought California had gun control......

No wonder they close down gun stores.

Bad for business

It's not just guns they're losing. You can add high explosives to that list. Police were using live high explosives planted on commercial airliners for training exercises. And to make matters worse, they couldn't find the high explosives at the end of the training exercise.

Don't you know where your guns are at all times. Can't imagine losing one of mine. So, how can cops lose so many? Maybe, just maybe, they're "accidentally" selling them to criminals to put money in their pockets. Well, chief, I lost another gun and now I need a replacement. It's only just taxpayers' money, so what the heck.

Don't you know where your guns are at all times. Can't imagine losing one of mine. So, how can cops lose so many? Maybe, just maybe, they're "accidentally" selling them to criminals to put money in their pockets. Well, chief, I lost another gun and now I need a replacement. It's only just taxpayers' money, so what the heck.

They are probably "losing" them from old cases in the evidence lockers….hoping no one would notice...

They are probably "losing" them from old cases in the evidence lockers….hoping no one would notice...
Spot on! 90+% of the 'stolen' guns are from evidence lockers.
A gun used in a crime can be in a bag in a box in an evidence locker for years. And 90+% of the guns are old revolvers. On each evidence box is listed the contents: 'One S&W revolver Circa 1940'. Model number..............Serial number ..............
These guns are being stolen by people working in evidence lockups and taken home to hang on the wall or to be sold at antique gun shows which are then bought by collectors to put on their wall.
Virtually none of these 'stolen' guns ever see the light of day again.

Forum List

Back