When Your Wife Doesn't Want It

Trigg said:
No question at those times I would have gladly switched positions with my husband.

...but what about the OTHER 98% of the time where he slaves away under the soul-quenching thumb of 'TheMan'?

Being at home with the kids is ALWAYS easier than going to work - while at work I'm expected to 'do' something to somebody else's schedule. At home I rule the roost. :) If I don't WANT to feed the kids at 11, I can wait until 11:30. Or just not feed them. :)

Trigg said:
Just because it's done out of love doesn't make it easier.

Try staying home with 3 kids all under 4 when they're all sick and puking. Love them to death, but that's exhausting. No question at those times I would have gladly switched positions with my husband.

Right as I was writing this my runny nosed 3 yr old ran into the room shouting "MOM I went poop and pee"!!! Gotta go wipe him now.

It's all about the glammer. :p:

dmp said:
...but what about the OTHER 98% of the time where he slaves away under the soul-quenching thumb of 'TheMan'?

Being at home with the kids is ALWAYS easier than going to work - while at work I'm expected to 'do' something to somebody else's schedule. At home I rule the roost. :) If I don't WANT to feed the kids at 11, I can wait until 11:30. Or just not feed them. :)

Being at home during the spring/summer months really makes up for all of it, usually.

Did I mention I won't be staying home this summer? :cry:

Trigg said:
Right as I was writing this my runny nosed 3 yr old ran into the room shouting "MOM I went poop and pee"!!! Gotta go wipe him now.

It's all about the glammer. :p:

It's better than coffe spilt on a report you just finished typing (been there). I'd take the runny nose over my bosses reaction to having to wait 3 extra mintues so I can print another copy. :cry:

Said1 said:
It's better than coffe spilt on a report you just finished typing (been there). I'd take the runny nose over my bosses reaction to having to wait 3 extra mintues so I can print another copy. :cry:

Quit! :banana:

Said1 said:
Being at home during the spring/summer months really makes up for all of it, usually.

What I'm saying, I suppose, is everyone can find excuses to ignore the ESSENTIAL activities in a marriage if they look hard enough. ;)

Said1 said:
It also depends on how many children you have, and things can get easier over time, depending on the type of person you are married to.

Would you like to stay home with three children, two still in diapers, RWA? Or owuld you prefer the "hostile" work environment?

Diapers. Maybe it's just me, but I have found all work environments utterly lacking in basic humanity.

dmp said:

Weeellllllll....... All I know is my husband was never so glad to see me get home after I was gone for a week. I was lauging at all the things the kids pulled while I was away. He was kind of glad to get back to work.

He isn't doing much "slaving away for the man" at his job though.

It's kind of dangerous to get into the SAHM's don't work as hard as people who have an "actual" job discussion. Tends to upset those of us who've stayed home for extended periods and do consider it work. ;) Love them to death :baby4: , but it's not all hugs and kisses.

rtwngAvngr said:
Diapers. Maybe it's just me, but I have found all work environments utterly lacking in basic humanity.

I would disagree and say it's limited to the line of work someone is in and who they are employed by, but I would agree the choices are limited. It would be nice if you could just send you brain to work in a jar for them syphen everyday, but appparently that's not allowed -something about needing hands to type and stuff.

Pretty much anything goes where I"m working for now, especially the employees. :laugh:

Trigg said:
It's kind of dangerous to get into the SAHM's don't work as hard as people who have an "actual" job discussion. Tends to upset those of us who've stayed home for extended periods and do consider it work. ;) Love them to death :baby4: , but it's not all hugs and kisses.

It's equally as dangerous for SAHM's to play the role of the victim, while minimizing the efforts the GTWD puts forth to ALLOW (financially) the M to SAH.

;)

Said1 said:
I would disagree and say it's limited to the line of work someone is in and who they are employed by, but I would agree the choices are limited. It would be nice if you could just send you brain to work in a jar for them syphen everyday, but appparently that's not allowed -something about needing hands to type and stuff.

Pretty much anything goes where I"m working for now, especially the employees. :laugh:

I'd like to work from home, but I don't know what's legit and what's not. I think we will see a rebirth of techno-cottage industry, that is, if the corporations will relinquish the power of bodily control.

Said1 said:

I do PRN work at a hospital and work around 12 hours a week. I took 5 years off when my kids were little.

I have it pretty good IMO, I get to stay home, but also get out once in a while to talk to adults.

In celebration of two dialogues in this thread coming to the topic of control:

This is a story about control, my control
Control of what I say, control of what I do
And this time I'm gonna do it my way
I hope you enjoy this as much as I do
Are we ready? I am? Cause it's all about control
And I've got lots of it

When I was 17, I did what people told me
Did what my father said, and let my mother mold me
But that was long ago
Chorus:
I'm in control, never gonna stop
Control, to get what I want
Control, I got to have a lot
Control, now I'm all grown up

First time I fell in love
I didn't know what hit me
So young and so naive
I thought it would be easy
But now I know I've got to take...
Repeat Chorus

That's right, I'm on my own,
I'll call my own shots, thank you

Bridge:
Got my own mind
I wanna make my own decisions
When it has to do with my life, my life
I wanna be the one in control

So let me take you by the hand
And lead you on this dance
Cause what I've got is because I took a chance
I don't wanna rule the world
Just wanna run my life
So make your life a little easier
When you get the chance just take...

Repeat Chorus

Free at last, out here on my own
Now control this
That's right, career moves
I do what's right for me
And me wants to groove
Is that ok?
Repeat Bridge

Hop to it
I'm in control (and I love it, that's right)
Control, now I've got a lot
Control, now I'm all grown up
I'm in control, I'm in control
Don't make me lose it

rtwngAvngr said:
I'd like to work from home, but I don't know what's legit and what's not. I think we will see a rebirth of techno-cottage industry, that is, if the corporations will relinquish the power of bodily control.

There's a new movement you could start "release the corporate slaves, NOW!"

dmp said:
It's equally as dangerous for SAHM's to play the role of the victim, while minimizing the efforts the GTWD puts forth to ALLOW (financially) the M to SAH.

;)

hang on....I never said anything about victimhood or minimizing people who work outside the home. I just said it's not a good idea to get into the who works harder argument, since IMO both jobs are equally stressful at times.

rtwngAvngr said:

Do you really think children are big on "basic humanity"? It's not like you can change their diapers, and then stick them in front of a TV while you go off and do what you want. They need to be entertained, taught, listened to, talked to, fed, cleaned, etc...and that's generally on *their* time - not yours.

Children tend to make just as many (if not more) demands on you than a typical employer - it's just a different situation.

I don't think going to work is any harder than staying home with small children, and vice-versa. They're just different.

Shattered said:
Do you really think children are big on "basic humanity"? It's not like you can change their diapers, and then stick them in front of a TV while you go off and do what you want. They need to be entertained, taught, listened to, talked to, fed, cleaned, etc...and that's generally on *their* time - not yours.

Children tend to make just as many (if not more) demands on you than a typical employer - it's just a different situation.

I don't think going to work is any harder than staying home with small children, and vice-versa. They're just different.

Good post.

Forum List

Back