When you grew up and were no longer a child

WHAT I AM UPSET about is your attack on another poster for the affront of posting their opinion in the thread. Your threat to them to silence them and your threat to me.

But I suspect you know that and are trying to change the content as to make you look better.

Sorry Mr. H, but I have to address this.
You are right. I was (note the word WAS) totally pissed off. Big time. Norwegen just added fuel to a flame already out of control. I was seeing red at the time. I had no right to tell Norwegan what I did. However, I did not threaten YOU. I said you were pissing me off. So was he. But I did not neg either one of you, did I? Because even though I was spitting mad, I also knew in the same part of me that was calm and at ease, that what I said was wrong. Hence me not following thru on letting my anger get further out of control.

That is all I will say on the matter. I respect Mr. H's request. But I did want to tell you that yes. You are right about what I said to him. You are NOT right that I am a bully,nor am I a mental case.

If someone asks a question in a thread they start inviting sharing, then they SHOULD not insult the ones spilling their guts.
That is my opinon and I am sticking to it. The other part? Yeah. I fucked up.

( For guys only). It could have been a traumatic personal incident like an accident or a tragedy such as a loved one or parent dying. It could have been in grade school or high school but more likely in young adulthood when you realized you were a man and no longer a child. For me it hit me like a shot on the the Parris Island grinder(slang for the parade drill field). I was a kid fresh out of High School who joined the Marines on a whim. I suddenly realized the con games I used on my parents and the latitude I could assume from school authorities was literally child's play. I was on my own for real and no lame excuses would substitute for being a man and taking responsibility.

Same here.

I enlisted in the Corps just two days after my 17th birthday in 1956. I tried to enlist earlier with a forged birth certificate but they caught me. Fortunately, they didn't press charges and the only thing I had to do again was the physical. My birthday was on a Sunday, I took the “bend over and spread your cheeks” physical on Monday and was sworn on on Tuesday.

The Professor: Former radio-telegraph operator and member of Second ANGLICO (Air and Naval Gunfire Liaison Company), Camp Lejeune, NC.

Semper Fi.

semper fi my ass...watch the movie by that name that goes into the water contamination at lejune

seems the op had his little man story and mr h came along and blasted him out of the water with a real man story

seems the op had his little man story and mr h came along and blasted him out of the water with a real man story

This ^

Which was why I was so surprised at first....then anger set in. Real anger. Which showed in how I acted afterwards. Some I regret. What I said to the OP, I do not regret.

You've heard it before but oh well... 1967:

Dad drops dead at 54 and leaves 45 year-old mum with 7 kids aged 3 to 17, along with thousands of dollars of debt and little to no income. She has two nervous breakdowns, one near fatal.

Three older brothers eventually leave home or get kicked out, so there I was the 14-year old male head of household left to care for my 3 younger siblings while mother battled a male-dominated world or ruthless sharks pressuring her to sell the family business. She sought strength and solace at the bottom of vodka and whiskey bottles. Got a job at 15 making $1.10/hr most of that going to buy groceries and clothes for the home front.

Fucking miserable abject poverty and endless hungry days and nights. And that ain't the half of it.

Fuck it. And fuck you for starting this thread LOL.

That took courage. You are a little crazy in the head, but then again, so I am I and most of the rest of us :D

Dad drops dead at 54 and leaves 45 year-old mum with 7 kids aged 3 to 17, along with thousands of dollars of debt and little to no income. She has two nervous breakdowns, one near fatal.

Three older brothers eventually leave home or get kicked out, so there I was the 14-year old male head of household left to care for my 3 younger siblings while mother battled a male-dominated world or ruthless sharks pressuring her to sell the family business. She sought strength and solace at the bottom of vodka and whiskey bottles. Got a job at 15 making $1.10/hr most of that going to buy groceries and clothes for the home front.

Fucking miserable abject poverty and endless hungry days and nights. And that ain't the half of it.

Maybe you ought to give your mom a break and thank her for bringing you into this ungrateful harsh world when a coathanger would have relieved her of at least one more mouth to feed.

And you are an absolute fuckwad and I just decided to break my no-neg rule for a while. You get the honor of being the first to be negged by me, you liittle fucking turd.

Maybe you ought to give your mom a break and thank her for bringing you into this ungrateful harsh world when a coathanger would have relieved her of at least one more mouth to feed.

You're a fucking dick. Mr. H. opens up making himself vulnerable, and even manages to end it with some humor, and you feel compelled to shit on him. I'm so tempted to break my no neg rule.

And am definitely going to do it.

I told myself I would be very careful from now on negging someone. Whitehall just got zapped and I wish I had 15 more zapping to add to it.

I told myself I would be very careful from now on negging someone. Whitehall just got zapped and I wish I had 15 more zapping to add to it.

Thank you, I feel better.:D

And I am going to feel better in about 8 minutes from now.

( For guys only). It could have been a traumatic personal incident like an accident or a tragedy such as a loved one or parent dying. It could have been in grade school or high school but more likely in young adulthood when you realized you were a man and no longer a child. For me it hit me like a shot on the the Parris Island grinder(slang for the parade drill field). I was a kid fresh out of High School who joined the Marines on a whim. I suddenly realized the con games I used on my parents and the latitude I could assume from school authorities was literally child's play. I was on my own for real and no lame excuses would substitute for being a man and taking responsibility.

Bait thread. Fucktard. See ya in 48. Steam is coming out my ears right now.

I am likely to follow your example, [MENTION=42649]Gracie[/MENTION].

Well, he needs to not only apologize, he needs to take the wire hanger fucking shit out. Is this a fucking abortion thread? No?

Fucking motherfucker.

Yepp.

So you realized in USMC boot that you needed to man up?

And by man up I mean to TAKE ORDERS.

So noted.

The birth of our first child.

I've never seen whitehall post anything worthwhile and mostly just skip over his vile toxic crap - BUT - I'm going to defend him on this.

Mentioning abortion was just his usual lame baiting but his op described what most of us feel as some time or another. On my 16th birthday, my family (mother) abandoned me and I was completely alone. I worked in a small town cafe and lived in a one room shit apartment upstairs. I did end up going home for a few months after authorities forced my family to take me back after an accident crushed the lower half of my face and I was unable to care for myself.

Anyway, the original subject of the thread is more than worthwhile and I hope others will post their own life-changing experiences.

Mr H. - What an incredible experience. That must have been so hard.

:beer:

Life's most challenging of efforts beget the most challenging of times. And in those times lie the most beautiful of life's efforts.

You are by far one of my very favorite persons here at the USMB, Mr. H.

But you knew that. :wink_2:

Class act and hilarious from a childhood many would crumble under.

:cheers2:

I've never seen whitehall post anything worthwhile and mostly just skip over his vile toxic crap - BUT - I'm going to defend him on this.

Mentioning abortion was just his usual lame baiting but his op described what most of us feel as some time or another. On my 16th birthday, my family (mother) abandoned me and I was completely alone. I worked in a small town cafe and lived in a one room shit apartment upstairs. I did end up going home for a few months after authorities forced my family to take me back after an accident crushed the lower half of my face and I was unable to care for myself.

Anyway, the original subject of the thread is more than worthwhile and I hope others will post their own life-changing experiences.

Mr H. - What an incredible experience. That must have been so hard.

Dang, man. :(

For the record...I do not plan to "see you in 48" as I said last night. That was the anger talking. I already apologized to norwegen but have no expectations of a response because none is needed.

Meanwhile, I have been thinking about what Sarge said. I think I am becoming somewhat of a bully and I need to put myself in check. Therefore, I am going to be very quiet for a few days. I will still thank posts, still pos rep great posts, still post animal spirit messengers, still play in eye candy, still visit cheers...but mostly just reading and keeping to myself while in short bursts here of visiting folks.

He may have been engaging in a bit of sarcasm. I dunno. Thought I knew him better, but let's let him speak.
He was complimenting your mother for not giving up on her children.

Injecting abortion into the dialogue was silly, though, since all of you were already born.

he was doing no such fucking thing and you know it. DO NOT fuck with me when I am this pissed.

Really, I wonder how mad you get when the conversation actually is about you. Never mind you just made it about you.

That took courage. You are a little crazy in the head, but then again, so I am I and most of the rest of us :D

And you are an absolute fuckwad and I just decided to break my no-neg rule for a while. You get the honor of being the first to be negged by me, you liittle fucking turd.

And am definitely going to do it.

And I am going to feel better in about 8 minutes from now.

Bait thread. Fucktard. See ya in 48. Steam is coming out my ears right now.

I am likely to follow your example, [MENTION=42649]Gracie[/MENTION].

Well, he needs to not only apologize, he needs to take the wire hanger fucking shit out. Is this a fucking abortion thread? No?

Fucking motherfucker.

Yepp.

Uh OH Here comes the Hag squad gang negging all who dare have a different opion, Stat you realize you look like a little bitch. Where you raised as a mean girl?

i was a hippie, caught up in peace love and understanding movement. entrenched in the belief that we were truly changing the world with our ideals and beliefs. then i woke up and realized, this ideology doesn't work in the real world. I realized that even our movement leaders were scamming their followers for personal benefit. woke up to the fact that you have to go out there and make it happen for yourself because no one is going to make it happen for you. realized that the best thing we can do for people who are struggling is to teach them that hard lesson and make them get out there, because a helping hand doesn't always help. it often leads to complacency. there are people who are content to make do with whatever little lifeline is provided to them and never reach for anymore. and that is a mentality that allows government to control us for a very cheap price

You're a fucking dick. Mr. H. opens up making himself vulnerable, and even manages to end it with some humor, and you feel compelled to shit on him. I'm so tempted to break my no neg rule.

Is the concept of vulnerability more important than freaking sanity. Go ahead and break your no neg rule. The less you learn the more valuable you will be to low information agendas. Mr. H shit on his mother. I just reminded him of that fact.

Forum List

Back