When the Right is Wrong the Left is Right

dilloduck said:
None of them---just don't try to tell me we can teach them anything until we have killed all the ones who dont want to learn. We are trying to teach them military and police tactics right now and what do the terrorists do? Kill the students. Our goal is not to teach them how to be killers yet our troops WILL have to kill to make education of the rest possible.
You appear to misunderstand what we're talking about. No one is saying terrorists shouldn't be killed.

The ClayTaurus said:
Is the higher road no longer viewed as a viable option?

The higher road? The higher road is stupidity when someone is actively trying to destroy you. The higher road is not a valid policy for defending a nation state from terrorism.

rtwngAvngr said:
The higher road? The higher road is stupidity when someone is actively trying to destroy you. The higher road is not a valid policy for defending a nation state from terrorism.

I disagree. That doesn't happen all that often. The higher path is always a valid option and is especially effective against this type of attack.

I remember an Iraqi, thrilled after the US toppled Saddam on the news holding a picture of tortured Iraqi's. I remember him saying something like, "I am so happy that this will never happen in Iraq again, the US doesn't torture!" I wonder what he would say now after Abu Grabass, after reports of torture in secret CIA bases, after all of it really has come to pass what do they say about the US now?

If the people in Iraq had that kind of faith in the US before, how has it served the US to fail them? People were happy to have been in danger so that we could topple their government so that they could be assured of no more of the false face of Saddam, and nobody bursting through the door to take a part of their family to torture chambers. Is there any such assurance there now?

Taking the high road would make our trek easier in the end, shorter and far more successful. It doesn't serve the US to be seen as strong militarily but weak in principle.

Pale Rider said:
Maybe that's what we should do for our military. Turn them loose to do whatever the hell they want. Maybe then we'd get some respect. Since "rules of engagement" seem to only apply to our troops. I mean the rotten dogs that call themselves terrorists can do whatever the hell they want. Why shouldn't we?

Now if you're going to give me the pat, "that would make us no better than them" answer, just say no. I'll understand. But if you have a more interesting response, lets hear it.

I thought I posted that for a second.

When lefties bitch about the number of US casualties, they need to remember it is THEY who insist on imposing a set of rules on OUR military they do not apply to the enemy, nor does the enemy adhere to.

We do absolutely nothing to deter the enemy from his course of action. All we do is dig around and hope we get lucky and kill a few. Otherwise, we just react to THEIR doing the killing.

The ClayTaurus said:
Ok, so, what rules would you like us to be able to break that the terrorists are breaking. I'd like to get into something specific.

OK then, here ya go. Even though this story has been debunked as a rumor, the jist of the story is an example of what we should do. "WE" should start "terrorising" the "terrorists".....

One important thing to note beforehand is that Muslims detest pork because they believe pigs are filthy animals. Some of them simply refuse to eat it, while others won't even touch pigs at all, nor any of their by-products. To them, eating or touching a pig, its meat, its blood, etc., is to be instantly barred from paradise (and those 72 virgins) and doomed to hell.

Just before World War I, there were a number of terrorist attacks on the United States forces in the Philippines by; you guessed it, Muslim extremists. So General Pershing captured 50 terrorists and had them tied to posts execution style. He then had his men bring in two pigs and slaughter them in front of the now horrified terrorists.

The soldiers then soaked their bullets in the pigs blood, and proceeded to execute 49 of the terrorists by firing squad. The soldiers then dug a big hole, dumped in the terrorist's bodies and covered them in pig blood, entrails, etc. They let the 50th terrorist go. And for the next forty-two years, there was not a single Muslim extremist attack anywhere in the world.

Pale Rider said:
OK then, here ya go. Even though this story has been debunked as a rumor, the jist of the story is an example of what we should do. "WE" should start "terrorising" the "terrorists".....

One important thing to note beforehand is that Muslims detest pork because they believe pigs are filthy animals. Some of them simply refuse to eat it, while others won't even touch pigs at all, nor any of their by-products. To them, eating or touching a pig, its meat, its blood, etc., is to be instantly barred from paradise (and those 72 virgins) and doomed to hell.

Just before World War I, there were a number of terrorist attacks on the United States forces in the Philippines by; you guessed it, Muslim extremists. So General Pershing captured 50 terrorists and had them tied to posts execution style. He then had his men bring in two pigs and slaughter them in front of the now horrified terrorists.

The soldiers then soaked their bullets in the pigs blood, and proceeded to execute 49 of the terrorists by firing squad. The soldiers then dug a big hole, dumped in the terrorist's bodies and covered them in pig blood, entrails, etc. They let the 50th terrorist go. And for the next forty-two years, there was not a single Muslim extremist attack anywhere in the world.

I just don't see how that advances anything. As was previously said, when was the last time you learned a lesson from someone who said "do as I say, not as I do?"

The ClayTaurus said:
I just don't see how that advances anything. As was previously said, when was the last time you learned a lesson from someone who said "do as I say, not as I do?"

You don't understand me... I don't understand you... game, set, match. :cool:

The ClayTaurus said:

Did millions of children benefit from the works of Tookie WIlliams?

The ClayTaurus said:

I don't think General Pershing was saying "do as I say, not as I do". I think he was saying - rather emphatically - "Don't fuck with us".

Muslim extremists seem to understand that statement fairly well. Heard from Libya recently?

Forum List

Back