'When the charts are full of rappers glorifying violent sex, misogyny and guns, why is Brown Sugar the song that’s deemed offensive'?

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
Well Piers, it's simply 'black speech privilege'. They can say things the rest of us cannot.

PIERS MORGAN: I'm getting no satisfaction from seeing the Rolling Stones surrender to the woke brigade - when the charts are full of rappers glorifying violent sex, misogyny and guns, why is Brown Sugar the song that's deemed offensive?​

When the Rolling Stones appeared on the Ed Sullivan show back in 1967, lead singer Mick Jagger changed the words to their smash hit ‘Let’s Spend The Night Together’ to ‘Let’s Spend Some Time Together.’

This was because the original sex-hinting lyric was deemed too offensive for ultra-conservative American TV viewers to endure.

It was even reported that puritanical host Sullivan told the band, ‘Either the song goes, or you go’ before they agreed to change the line.

No idea. I always thought it was some old boomer song about white folks gettin' black pussy.

It’s a really awesome song in composition and execution. Richards banjo tuning made chords and sounds that can’t exist in standard tuning.
It’s about vintage black pussy. The Stones are now white bread woke pussies.
Richards should be leading the charge against these black democrat racists.
Most blacks have no clue about their so-called heritage when it comes to music. The Stones introduced that heritage to the white world.
Now post-great-society blacks need the Stones to introduce it to them.

Well Piers, it's simply 'black speech privilege'. They can say things the rest of us cannot.

PIERS MORGAN: I'm getting no satisfaction from seeing the Rolling Stones surrender to the woke brigade - when the charts are full of rappers glorifying violent sex, misogyny and guns, why is Brown Sugar the song that's deemed offensive?​

'When the charts are full of rappers glorifying violent sex, misogyny and guns, why is Brown Sugar the song that’s deemed offensive'?​

For that matter why is Gruden fired since that's what the Superbowl half time show will be

Guarantee you black performers wouldn't worry about offending white listeners.
To Mick and Keith, I say "Let's go Brandon!"

What do you think would be more offensive, the Stones playing Brown Sugar, or the NFL halftime show of

Snoop Dogg, Eminem, Dr. Dre, Mary J. Blige, Kendrick Lamar ?​

This is the world we live in today. If a white person says it, it's evil, racist, misogynistic, homophobic, etc. If a black person says it, it's celebrated, honored, and given an NFL halftime show.

Forum List

Back