When republicans complain about single moms getting food stamps, why don’t they consider the well-being of the child?

Go to family, father? There’s an out foster care as well. You merely make excuses

Not everyone has mom and dad or can return to foster care, when they're older. You're just making excuses to abandon these people who will destroy your city. Look at what the homeless junkies have done to San Francisco and other cities. We need to deal with it. We can be tough and compassionate at the same time. We don't allow them to destroy our cities. So we house them, provide programs, and if they insist on doing drugs, turning that housing unit into a crackhouse, they are forced into rehab or committed to the insane asylum. Those are the options. Housing, Rehab or Loony bin.

Not everyone has mom and dad or can return to foster care, when they're older. You're just making excuses to abandon these people who will destroy your city. Look at what the homeless junkies have done to San Francisco and other cities. We need to deal with it. We can be tough and compassionate at the same time. We don't allow them to destroy our cities. So we house them, provide programs, and if they insist on doing drugs, turning that housing unit into a crackhouse, they are forced into rehab or committed to the insane asylum. Those are the options. Housing, Rehab or Loony bin.
It's a failure...
As a concrete example, 90% of the patients at Nassau Community Hospital in East Meadow are repeat customers every night in order to get their fix.
Who pays? The public.

It's a failure...
As a concrete example, 90% of the patients at Nassau Community Hospital in East Meadow are repeat customers every night in order to get their fix.
Who pays? The public.
You're going to pay anyways, and so am I. You keep them there at the county psych, don't release them. Build camps, where they are forced to live in a structured environment. It's not prison, but it's a psych-camp, with some discipline, and programs. It doesn't have to be expensive. Abandon them and they cost more.

250 is the benefit for a single household receiving SNAP. Assuming that's what most are getting (I didnt see a graduated scale) the 2.4 million able bodied people on the program account for 7.2 billion dollars.
250 is the max possible. Many recipients receive significantly less than that depending on many factors.

Not everyone has mom and dad or can return to foster care, when they're older. You're just making excuses to abandon these people who will destroy your city
Everyone has a dad. Please. Christian church were always happy to help until demofks again interfered. The patterns always end with demofks bad policies.
Not me. Demofk

I know that's why we need tough love. Drug dealing should be a capital crime. These dealers are poisoning communities and murdering people. Execute the dealers, decriminalize the addicts, not burdening them with a criminal record, but forcing them into rehab or the psych ward. The sidewalks and streets are not an option. I would say "You either get your life together, or you will spend the rest of your life in an insane asylum. Sleeping out rough, on the sidewalk or streets is not an option. That's illegal and if you do it, when we are offering you clean, modern housing, with amenities, then you're insane. You need to be committed to a psych ward, until you decide to straighten up and stop hurting yourself and others". That's tough love. That's what they need. Housing with some support, programs, or the loony bin. Choose.
Finally something I can agree with. Eliminating drug dealers

except that many of us choose to adapt to the society and do what is needed. Not be lazy taking drugs and gambling all day.

You completely move the onus off the lazy homeless fks and blame those doing the work. Ain't you nice?
He’s espousing communist responsibility on others which does not exist in the USA

Maybe his wife divorced him, out of the blue, because she just got board. He was a good provider, good father, he treated his wife well, but she nonetheless, got board and felt she needed to move on with her life. He loses his kids, house, thousands of dollars. He loved spending time with his children, every day. He was a great dad. She divorces him and moves from South Florida to Seattle, with his kids. Horrible. He starts drinking, hanging out at the bar, with the wrong crowd. Ends up destroying his life, because he lost his will to live, without his family, his wife, and children.

Bill served three tours in Afghanistan, two in Iraq. PTSD, and a host of other conditions and he comes back and starts drinking to numb the pain. He has sleeping problems, gets hooked on benzos because they help him sleep. He ends up homeless.

Betty was an unwanted child, raised in foster care, and by the time she was 12 she had been in 30 different foster homes. She suffered sexual abuse by one of her "foster brothers", and also by an old man that ran one of the foster homes. She's emotionally disturbed, starts doing drugs, gets released from foster care at 18 and ends up out in the street. Take a look at the post I posted a few posts back, with all of those videos of former foster care children, who are now homeless.

Tyrone was born and raised in the inner city, his mother was a crack junkie prostitute. I'll leave it up to your imagination what type of life Tyrone lived and he ends up homeless on drugs. You simply don't know.

When I was homeless, I stayed at the Borden Ave Veterans Shelter in Long Island City Queens, and I met a former Naval captain, who captained a destroyer, in the 1960s. All types of people are homeless, even you or someone you care about might become homeless. You don't know what has happened in their lives. Abandoning them leads to more problems for everyone, it's more expensive than housing them and providing them with a foundation upon which to rebuild their lives.
Too freaking long. Epistles like this are always bullshit with long drawn out emotional panderings designed to create a change of mind. Since we use our minds, it doesn’t work

Everyone has a dad. Please. Christian church were always happy to help until demofks again interfered. The patterns always end with demofks bad policies.
Not me. Demofk
No, everyone doesn't have a dad. Some people have no dads, or even a mom. No one is stopping churches, Christians from helping out. The problem with some Christian missions is that they only provide the assistance to people who want to convert to Christianity or submit themselves to a eight-month Christian discipleship program. I never went through those programs, because I wasn't religious. I had no interests in converting to a religion, hence I and many other homeless people would opt to continue sleeping rough, outside. It wasn't until the VA signed me up with TORCH, that I began to receive the help that I needed. That was 18, 19 years ago. 2003.

No, everyone doesn't have a dad. Some people have no dads, or even a mom. No one is stopping churches, Christians from helping out. The problem with some Christian missions is that they only provide the assistance to people who want to convert to Christianity or submit themselves to a eight-month Christian discipleship program. I never went through those programs, because I wasn't religious. I had no interests in converting to a religion, hence I and many other homeless people would opt to continue sleeping rough, outside. It wasn't until the VA signed me up with TORCH, that I began to receive the help that I needed. That was 18, 19 years ago. 2003.
You fuc*ed yourself up and VA helped you out of it
Plain, pure and simple end of story

You fuc*ed yourself up and VA helped you out of it
Plain, pure and simple end of story
Of course, I made some bad decisions, because I'm human. I chose to drink and do drugs, to numb myself from the pain. I ended up homeless.

I disagree because of science

He’s espousing communist responsibility on others which does not exist in the USA
It's a "communist responsibility" to not abandon people out on the street? The capitalist responsibility is what, to abandon people and turn your cities into drug, crime, and rat-infested slums, full of homeless encampments? Homelessness is a lot more expensive than eliminating it.

It's a "communist responsibility" to not abandon people out on the street? The capitalist responsibility is what, to abandon people and turn your cities into drug, crime, and rat-infested slums, full of homeless encampments? Homelessness is a lot more expensive than eliminating it.
Only in demofk cities. It’s why we know they are communist

Forum List

Back