When republicans complain about single moms getting food stamps, why don’t they consider the well-being of the child?

Of course, I made some bad decisions, because I'm human. I chose to drink and do drugs, to numb myself from the pain. I ended up homeless.
Hey commie try being an advocate for responsibility of self

Last edited:
Only in demofk cities
Why do you say demofk? If my city is run by Republicans and we kick out the homeless, our city is going to be free of homelessness. That's awesome, but the problem is that all of those homeless people that we kicked out of our conservative city or state, go to "demofk" cities and states. we're just shifting the burden on someone else.

Why do you say demofk? If my city is run by Republicans and we kick out the homeless, our city is going to be free of homelessness. That's awesome, but the problem is that all of those homeless people that you kicked out of your conservative city or state, go to "demofk" cities and states. You're just shifting the burden on someone else.
That’s not reality though, only demofks have homeless folks

That’s not reality though, only demofks have homeless folks
Because you Repubfks, kick them all out of your towns, cities, and states. These homeless people go somewhere, and where do you think that is? Any city or state that helps them or leaves them alone. I'm for tough love, not abandoning them.

You have obligations towards your community and neighbors, your fellowman. Read your bible.
I have obligation to not bring harm to others. That’s responsibility fullfilled
I have NO obligation you commie sap to provide food, housing, clothing, education to people who painted themself into a corner. To do so would Not be compassion, it would be dumbassery.

I have obligation to not bring harm to others. That’s responsibility fullfilled
I have NO obligation you commie sap to provide food, housing, clothing, education to people who painted themself into a corner. To do so would Not be compassion, it would be dumbassery.

You bring harm to others if you are indifferent to others who are experiencing harm. You dehumanize yourself and others, when you flippantly disregard other people's wellbeing, only caring about yourself. You're not an independent, non-contingent being, the only one who is truly in that state is GOD. Are you GOD? You're harming yourself and your community. You don't live in a vacuum, you live in a community with other people.

If you're drowning in a pool, and I just stand there looking at you drown, I'm liable for prosecution.

Commie sap stomping his foot to demand his commie ideals are accepted.

Why not? You're here doing the same thing, with insults and aggressive behavior. If there is no God, then it's might-makes-right, survival of the fittest. Those who are able to work together in a team, or community, are the fittest and mightiest. It's in my best interest to live in a society, an environment, where people care about each other and establish a certain degree of order.

" In comparison, nearly half (48%) of U.S. basic research is performed by higher education institutions, while 42% of funding for all basic research is provided by the federal government (Figure 18). The role of higher education is not surprising given the integration of advanced graduate education and R&D performance. However, businesses are now funding more basic research. Between 2000 and 2017, the share of basic research funded by the business sector increased from 19% to 29%."

Not only does the government fund the science or "basic research", but provides many of these companies with subsidies, contracts, facilities, loans, and other sources of revenue and support for their development of products. What I said is in line with the data:

"Historical Trends in U.S. R&D Funding The United States became a global leader in R&D in the 20th century, funding as much as 69% of annual global R&D in the period following World War II. 1 Figure 1 shows the growth in total U.S. R&D expenditures from 1955 to 2019 in current dollars. 2 U.S. R&D in 2019 was 105 times higher than it was in 1955 in current dollars, and more than 13 times higher in constant dollars.3 By sector, business-funded R&D grew the most during this period. However, faster growth in total R&D spending of other nations reduced the U.S. share of global R&D to approximately 29.9% in 2019. 4 Figure 1. U.S. R&D Expenditures by Source of Funding, 1955-2019 Current dollars, in billions Source: CRS analysis of National Science Foundation, National Patterns of R&D Resources: 2018–19 Data Update, NSF 21-325, Table 6, April 9, 2021, National Patterns of R&D Resources: 2018–19 Data Update | NSF - National Science Foundation. Notes: 2019 data are preliminary and may be revised. Two sectors—business and the federal government—have together accounted for more than 90% of U.S. R&D funding since 1955, though their combined share has fallen from a high of 98% in 1956 to 91% in 2016. Federal R&D expenditures as a share of total U.S. R&D expenditures peaked in 1964 at 66.8%, the same year that business R&D expenditures reached a nadir of 30.8%. Between 1964 and 2000, the federal government’s share fell and business’s share rose. In 2000, business accounted for 69.4% of U.S. R&D expenditures and the federal government 25.1%. This shift in the composition of R&D funding resulted not from a reduction in federal 1 Office of Technology Policy, U.S. Department of Commerce, The Global Context for U.S. Technology Policy, 1997. 2 Data for all years in this report are for fiscal years unless otherwise specified. 3 2019 is the latest year for which total U.S. R&D data are available. 4 Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development, OECD.Stat, Main Science and Technology Indicators, database, https://stats.oecd.org/Index.aspx?DataSetCode=MSTI_PUB. 2017 is the latest year for which complete data is available. For more information about global R&D, see CRS Report R44283, Global Research and Development Expenditures: Fact Sheet, by John F. Sargent Jr. R U.S. Research and Development Funding and Performance: Fact Sheet Congressional Research Service 2 government R&D expenditures, but rather from faster growth in business R&D expenditures. From 2000 to 2010, business R&D’s share declined from 69.4% to 61.0%, and has risen each year since, reaching an all-time high of 70.7% in 2019; from 2010 to 2019, the federal share declined from 31.1% to 21.2%.5 (See Figure 2.) "

Source: https://sgp.fas.org/crs/misc/R44307.pdf

The role of government in the United States in funding research and development was much higher during the cold war and is responsible for much of the technology that we use today. Your claim that the private sector is the only source of technological innovation and development is simply false.

We would have more technology if Republicans stopped defunding research and development programs.
The federal government would not have pot to piss on without the wealth generated in the private sector

The federal government would not have pot to piss on without the wealth generated in the private sector
Yes, our federal government needs the private sector, without a doubt. However, whether it needs privately owned business enterprises or not is debatable, because a system can be in place that encourages people to create worker-owned cooperatives. Right now if I, with ten other worker-owners of a company, walk into a bank's loan department or into a government SBA office, with a business plan for a worker-cooperative, I won't get the loan, even if I and my partners, have great credit. They don't help cooperatives, because the ruling class considers them dangerous. They compete well, due to the lower overhead costs of running them. Worker-owned cooperatives are generally not started to make people rich but simply to create some job security and get paid a living wage. The profits of a cooperative are the overhead of a privately owned business, so cooperatives have a competitive edge. We really don't need privately owned business enterprises, we could replace them with democratically run worker-cooperatives.

Last edited:
Yes, our federal government needs the private sector, without a doubt. However, whether it needs privately owned business enterprises or not is debatable, because a system can be in place that encourages people to create worker-owned cooperatives. Right now if I, with ten other worker-owners of a company, walk into a bank's loan department or into a government SBA office, with a business plan for a worker-cooperative, I won't get the loan, even if I and my partners, have great credit. They don't help cooperatives, because the ruling class considers them dangerous. They compete well, due to the lower overhead costs of running them. Worker-owned cooperatives are generally not started to make people rich but simply to create some job security and get paid a living wage. The profits of a cooperative are the overhead of a privately owned business, so cooperatives have a competitive edge. We really don't need privately owned business enterprises, we could replace them with democratically run worker-cooperatives.
Sounds good to me. Can we start that tomorrow? Lol

Yes, our federal government needs the private sector, without a doubt. However, whether it needs privately owned business enterprises or not is debatable,
You cant have a private sector without private businesses

Forum List

Back