When Obama first heard of SOFA do you think he understood the consequences???

in January 2009, he inherited a plan that President George W. Bush forged in 2008

Fact of the matter is President Obama inherited a signed agreement that President Bush was forced by the Iraqis to make. Furthermore President Bush had an entire year to forge an agreement that included a long term agreement on US Troop level in Iraq. So put the blame for that agreement where it belongs, on the decider himself.

Obama had plenty of opportunity to negotiate a SOFA, fact is he wanted to cut and run which is what he did he bailed on Iraq at the first opportunity. Also you people blaming Bush for all Obama's failures is getting old. Obama said vote for me I'll correct all Bush mistakes, well?

According to President Bushes SOFA Obama's first opportunity to leave was in 2009. Not only did he follow Bushes SOFA to the T but also he was completely willing to leave a force behind after 2011.

Look Obama did not want a SOFA, he wanted to cut and run and didn't even try to negotiate an agreement he just left at the first opportunity, like a coward.

number of former and current military leaders who were in power when all U.S. troops left Iraq are saying today that the complete exit left the door open for the Islamic State’s land grab.

The assessment comes from the Army chief of staff, a former Marine commandant, a former U.S. Central Commandchief, a former defense secretary and, privately, from the officer now running the war in Iraq against the Islamic State, also known as ISIL and ISIS.
in January 2009, he inherited a plan that President George W. Bush forged in 2008

Fact of the matter is President Obama inherited a signed agreement that President Bush was forced by the Iraqis to make. Furthermore President Bush had an entire year to forge an agreement that included a long term agreement on US Troop level in Iraq. So put the blame for that agreement where it belongs, on the decider himself.

Obama had plenty of opportunity to negotiate a SOFA, fact is he wanted to cut and run which is what he did he bailed on Iraq at the first opportunity. Also you people blaming Bush for all Obama's failures is getting old. Obama said vote for me I'll correct all Bush mistakes, well?

According to President Bushes SOFA Obama's first opportunity to leave was in 2009. Not only did he follow Bushes SOFA to the T but also he was completely willing to leave a force behind after 2011.

EXPERTS not me remember are saying this... They've been there. Talked with people. Have the facts.

Secretary of Defense Robert Gates and Joint Chiefs of Staff Admiral Michael Mullen wanted to leave 16,000 troops in Iraq, but the Obama administration convinced them to lower the number to 10,000.vii This number was later whittled down by Obama to about 5,000 troops and a half dozen F-16s.viii - See more at:
Did Obama Really “Cut and Run” and “Abandon” Iraq to ISIS?
A large number of former and current military leaders who were in power when all U.S. troops left Iraq are saying today that the complete exit left the door open for the Islamic State’s land grab.
The assessment comes from the Army chief of staff, a former Marine commandant, a former U.S. Central Command chief, a former defense secretary and, privately, from the officer now running the war in Iraq against the Islamic State, also known as ISIL and ISIS.
U.S. troop withdrawal let Islamic State enter Iraq, military leaders say

Look Obama did not want a SOFA, he wanted to cut and run and didn't even try to negotiate an agreement he just left at the first opportunity, like a coward.

He didn't have a choice. The Agreement was signed in Nov. 2008. Furthermore, he stayed as long as possible. His first opportunity to leave came in January 2009 when he took office. Have you even read the SOFA President Bush signed?

He didn't have a choice. The Agreement was signed in Nov. 2008. Furthermore, he stayed as long as possible. His first opportunity to leave came in January 2009 when he took office. Have you even read the SOFA President Bush signed?
A large number of former and current military leaders who were in power when all U.S. troops left Iraq are saying today that the complete exit left the door open for the Islamic State’s land grab.
The assessment comes from the Army chief of staff, a former Marine commandant, a former U.S. Central Command chief, a former defense secretary and, privately, from the officer now running the war in Iraq against the Islamic State, also known as ISIL and ISIS.

Pity poor Gen. Lloyd Austin, top commander of U.S. forces in the Middle East.
Rarely has a U.S. general given his commander in chief better military advice, only to see it repeatedly rejected.
In 2010, Gen. Austin advised President Obama against withdrawing all U.S. forces from Iraq, recommending that the president instead leave 24,000 U.S. troops (down from 45,000) to secure the military gains made in the surge and prevent a terrorist resurgence. Had Obama listened to Austin’s counsel, the rise of the Islamic State could have been stopped.
But Obama rejected Austin’s advice and enthusiastically withdrew all U.S. all forces from the country, boasting that he was finally bringing an end to “the long war in Iraq.”
Obama vs. the generals

Curious about whether things had changed since then, I asked a dozen serving and recently retired senior military officers with high-level White House access, many of whom were not comfortable speaking on the record, if they knew of any military leaders with whom the president had a close and warm personal relationship. In every case, the initial response was a long silence. “That’s a great question,” said one retired senior officer, after a lengthy pause. “Good question. I don’t know,” said a second. “I don’t think he’s close to anyone,” commented a third. He just doesn’t seem to have any interest in “getting to know” the military, a retired general concluded.
No soldier in his right mind would guarantee ‘no boots on the ground,’” a retired senior commander told me. “You can never make such guarantees.”
Read more: Obama vs. the Generals

Forum List

Back