When is the time to talk about gun violence?

JimH52

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2007
US
I hear people on both sides of the aisle saying, now is not the time to talk about guns. Well, when is the time? What is the answer?

Is it more guns? Is it less guns? Is it more gun restrictions or is it less gun laws?

WHY CAN'T THESE POLITICIANS, WHO ARE SUPPOSED TO BE INTELLIGENT, SIT DOWN AND FIGURE THIS OUT?

I hear people on both sides of the aisle saying, now is not the time to talk about guns. Well, when is the time? What is the answer?

Is it more guns? Is it less guns? Is it more gun restrictions or is it less gun laws?

WHY CAN'T THESE POLITICIANS, WHO ARE SUPPOSED TO BE INTELLIGENT, SIT DOWN AND FIGURE THIS OUT?

They aren't very smart. They are too busy catering to special interests.

FAR more violent crime is committed without guns than with -- better than 2:1.
So, rather than focus on "gun" violence, we should focus on all kinds of violence.

That, however, will lead to convulsions that does not advance the liberal agenda-- so it won't happen.

Guns are not violent, people are.

Let's get rid of peope! Problem solved.

What's a peope?

It's a type of flower.

Not sure why he is talking about flowers at a time like this. Seems inappropriate.

Hippies and liberals love flowers, maybe that's it

I was reading a link about a brain damaged hippy who was unable to form new memories, after the mid 70s? and was taken to a Grateful Dead concert.

It was a discussion of people being exposed to music from other times.

And I thought, a brain damaged hippy? Isn't that redundant?

Very simply because neither side is actually interested in solving the problem.....

Democrats want to press for overbearing restrictions that won't fix the problem and will punish honest citizens for being gun owners

Republicans fail to make rhe reasoned case for protecting individual Rights and instead take an overly extreme position to appease their donors and ensure no "compromise" can occur.

Well let's face the facts in this matter. Guys like you wear it out, to the point where it's nothing more then background noise.

Very simply because neitger side is actually interested i. Solving the problem.....

Democrats want to press for overbearing restrictions that won't fix the problem and will punish honest citizens for being gun owners

Republicans fail to make rhe reasoned case for protecting individual Rights and instead take an overly extreme position to appease their donors and ensure no "compromise" can occur.

Wouldn't have ever thought I'd agree with you.

Very simply because neither side is actually interested in solving the problem.....
As an aside...
Most of the time there can be no compromise because the side seeking concessions from gun owners have nothing to offer in return.

When is the time to talk about gun violence?

Before it happens, obviously, but Americans love their deadly toys and shit like this only makes them more stubborn about what is, in nearly all cases, no longer necessary.

Wouldn't have ever thought I'd agree with you.

If both sides were willing to look at what would actually work to stop these events I'd be totally in favir of it. Neither side is willing to do so. They both pander to extreme elements in their communities.

Forum List

Back