When has a union created a job?

The solutions are not unknown. They are, however, unemployed.

Thankfully. The solution of the OWIES is to tax people.

The problem with you liberals is that you expect government to do things you should do for yourself.

I grew up in a union household, back in the oldie days before unions became so corrupt even union members don't have much use for them. Do you know how they got fair treatment? They held actual strikes, when needed. And when a company was under strike or boycott, you just didnt' do business there. Consumers took it into their own hands.

Now whining to the government to make things right.

Today, even strikes aren't what they used to be. They show up for a one day protest with a big inflatable rat. (Seriously, who makes those?) and walk around with signs for one day. Then they go home, and the non-union company finishes the job.

Another unsubstantiated rant.

You are sniffing at the solution when you discuss the method for creating jobs. But you stop short of admitting that the concentration of this nation's wealth in the hands of a few is the primary impediment to increasing demand.

When has a union created a job?

Or for that matter.. when has a group of poor people created jobs?

Or why don't we declare ALL businesses are NONPROFIT!

Which means there will be committees , i.e. central planners in D.C. that will tell all oil, transportation, manufacturers how often they will drill, or pump or when cars can be on the roads, or how many iPads can be built because
Central planning" says there isn't enough lithium available for the batteries because Central planning hasn't signed the Afghanistan agreement from China!

NOT for profits meaning NO Federal income/state/local/sales or property taxes!

Come on all of you are in favor of withdrawing from these evil profit making banks and putting into those kindly nonprofit credit unions right???
AFter all they have "union" in their name!

So who will pay the property taxes after all NONPROFITS are exempt!

Again.. tell me all you OWS supporters.. why not do away with ALL evil for profit companies?

Because that seems to be the logical extension!

I think "business agent" is a job created by unions.

Union Business Agent Job Description, Career as an Union Business Agent, Salary, Employment - Definition and Nature of the Work, Education and Training Requirements, Getting the Job - StateUniversity.com

They've probably created jobs for lawyers also.

Lobbyist is another.

...and it's blatantly obvious that unions and union organizers are marxist. If you agree with marxism, I'd like to say more power to you and what have you- but in all honesty- get out of our country.

Here is a FACT about unions that is little known or mentioned-

In a non-union job - a salary might be say, 25 or 26 $ per hour, right?

In a union job, that same position would cost the employer 43-46 $ per hour.

Which shows that the union is doing exactly what it's supposed to do. Bargain in good faith to get its members fair wages and benefits.

I thank the company for for hiring me. Beyond that I thank the union for getting me the wages and benefits I receive. As a blue collar worker I make a very good wage and get very good health and pension benefits. And guess what? The company I work still makes a TREMENDOUS profit.

You are sniffing at the solution when you discuss the method for creating jobs. But you stop short of admitting that the concentration of this nation's wealth in the hands of a few is the primary impediment to increasing demand.

Oh, no, I fully admit that.

And the biggest fault of that has been- government.

They were the ones- Democrats as well as Republicans, who signed every idiotic free trade treaty.

Obama wouldn't sign the new batch of giveaways to foreigners unless he got training money for people who were going to lose their jobs. Hello... if people are going to lose their jobs, DON'T SIGN THE TREATIES.

Government taxes the rich, but then they find ways to hide their money. Then they turn around and tax the rest of us. We'd have plenty of consumer demand if we weren't paying 30% of a 40K salary in various kinds of taxes.

Oh, no, I fully admit that.

And the biggest fault of that has been- government.

They were the ones- Democrats as well as Republicans, who signed every idiotic free trade treaty.

Obama wouldn't sign the new batch of giveaways to foreigners unless he got training for people who were going to lose their jobs. Hello... if people are going to lose their jobs, DON'T SIGN THE TREATIES.

Government taxes the rich, but then they find ways to hide their money. Then they turn around and tax the rest of us. We'd have plenty of consumer demand if we weren't paying 30% of a 40K salary in various kinds of taxes.

Well, Obama is of the mind that maybe he can put a good spin on the rumors about all of the folks he's putting out of a job. He's offering them a taxpayer funded training program in hopes people won't blame him for all of the lost jobs.

It's the same thing with his new veteran jobs subsidy. He's about to put thousands of soldiers out on the street so he offers an expensive proposal that makes it look like he gives a flying-f about them........yet he's cutting veteran's benefits and ending education benefits for active-duty in the same breath.

Or for that matter.. when has a group of poor people created jobs?

Or why don't we declare ALL businesses are NONPROFIT!

Which means there will be committees , i.e. central planners in D.C. that will tell all oil, transportation, manufacturers how often they will drill, or pump or when cars can be on the roads, or how many iPads can be built because
Central planning" says there isn't enough lithium available for the batteries because Central planning hasn't signed the Afghanistan agreement from China!

NOT for profits meaning NO Federal income/state/local/sales or property taxes!

Come on all of you are in favor of withdrawing from these evil profit making banks and putting into those kindly nonprofit credit unions right???
AFter all they have "union" in their name!

So who will pay the property taxes after all NONPROFITS are exempt!

Again.. tell me all you OWS supporters.. why not do away with ALL evil for profit companies?

Because that seems to be the logical extension!

Why don't rich people want to serve their country and pay their fair share like they once did

Why have Republicans sold out the country and become hacks for coorporations and the wealthy

Where were all you right wing blabbermouths while Reagan and the Bushes were making this mess

The total national debt was less than a trillion dollars when Ronald Reagan cut taxes for the wealthy and in twelve years he and Bush41 had quadrupled it to $4.3 trillion

Clinton raised taxes and in eight years was generating surpluses

Along came slow walkin, slow talkin George and in eight years he had doubled it again from $5,7 trillion to nearly $12 trillion. Oh yeah...I forgot to mention that he cut taxes twice and started two wars.

Why don't rich people want to serve their country and pay their fair share like they once did

Why have Republicans sold out the country and become hacks for coorporations and the wealthy

Where were all you right wing blabbermouths while Reagan and the Bushes were making this mess

The total national debt was less than a trillion dollars when Ronald Reagan cut taxes for the wealthy and in twelve years he and Bush41 had quadrupled it to $4.3 trillion

Along came slow walkin, slow talkin George and in eight years he had doubled it again from $5,7 trillion to nearly $12 trillion. Oh yeah...I forgot to mention that he cut taxes twice and started two wars.

The problem is you are looking at the Debt issue from the wrong perspective.

When Jimmy Carter took office, the "National Debt" was a mere 600 billion. This was all the debt we had run up in 200 years of history, including the space program, two world wars, an interstate highway system, huge entitlement spending and so on. But we mostly had enough money to cover that, alternatively running surpluses and deficits.

So what changed in 1976?

1976 was the first year we imported more goods than we exported.

Prior to that time, we were pulling in money from the rest of the world. We were the world's factory. The world wars were a big boost, but we continued some time afterwards, until the rest of the world caught up using methods we pioneered and improved upon them.

By the end of Carter, it was up to a trillion in debt. Carter ran up 400 billion in new debt. Reagan increased it to 3 trillion, Bush to 4.3, Clinton to 6 trillion and Bush-43 to 10 trillion.

Now Obama has gotten it up to 15 trillion.

Because we are still spending like it was 1976, even though we are bleeding money out of the country at a rate of 500 billion a year in trade deficits.

Does anyone wonder how Unions drive up product costs?? Here's an example: At one Union shop here in Georiga (there aren't a whole lot), you can call in sick 5 days in a row, get paid for sick days, work Saturday, Sunday and a Holiday and get paid more for three days than you do for 5. Holiday weekends pay double time and the holiday pays triple time. True story, I've seen guys do it bunches of times.

When Jimmy Carter took office, the "National Debt" was a mere 600 billion. This was all the debt we had run up in 200 years of history, including the space program, two world wars, an interstate highway system, huge entitlement spending and so on. But we mostly had enough money to cover that, alternatively running surpluses and deficits.

So what changed in 1976?

Prior to that time, we were pulling in money from the rest of the world. We were the world's factory. The world wars were a big boost, but we continued some time afterwards, until the rest of the world caught up using methods we pioneered and improved upon them.

By the end of Carter, it was up to a trillion in debt. Carter ran up 400 billion in new debt. Reagan increased it to 3 trillion, Bush to 4.3, Clinton to 6 trillion and Bush-43 to 10 trillion.

Because we are still spending like it was 1976, even though we are bleeding money out of the country at a rate of 500 billion a year in trade deficits.

Reagan and the Bushes left Obama a half a trillion dolllars a year interest payment on their borrowing to fund tax cuts for the wealthy. You didn't think Communist Chinese, Japanese and Canadian banks were loaning them trillions of dollars interest free did you

Hey! I can't help it if you right wing folks don't get it. Right now tax rates are as low as they've been in fifty years. At the end of the second world war we paid off the debt. In the 50's anyone who earned more than $300,000 a year paid 91% of the excess to the government. How is it that Bush 43 thought it was OK to cut taxes twice using reconciliation to block Democratic opposition, borrow money to fund them and start two wars

Last edited:

So what changed in 1976?

Reagan and the Bushes left Obama a half a trillion dolllars a year interest payment on their borrowing to fund tax cuts for the wealthy. You didn't think Communist Chinese, Japanese and Canadian banks were loaning them trillions of dollars interest free did you
LOL

The thing that I just find hilarious is you think its one sided.

Pathetically comical.

So what changed in 1976?

Go back and read what I said. Then get someone to help you with the big words.

So what changed in 1976?

I read every word. If you think Jimmy Carter had any permanent bearing on what we are seeing today you should get your head examined. I might ask you, "If something was so skewed after Carter's four years why didn't Reagan and George Herbert Walker Bush straighten it out during the next twelve"

I read every word. If you think Jimmy Carter had any permanent bearing on what we are seeing today you should get your head examined. I might ask you, "If something was so skewed after Carter's four years why didn't Reagan and George Herbert Walker Bush straighten it out during the next twelve"

Again, you are looking at is at a partisan NOT as a pragmatist.

Didn't blame Carter, specifically.

What I blamed was our trade policies.

I think BOTH parties are to blame. But deficits are a symptom, not the cause. Trade imbalances are the cause.

Let's discount the Clinton "imaginary surpluses" (He only used surpluses in Social Security to cover deficits in general fund, which is like looting the pension fund to pay for operations. They send people to prison for that in the prior sector.)

The last time we posted a REAL surplus was in 1969. At that time, we had the Vietnam War raging very expensively, the Apollo Program was coming to an expensive climax, the new "Great Society" social programs were in full swing... and we were still posting surpluses. There were enough revenues pouring in from taxes and tariffs to cover these things.

Then something happened. People stopped driving big American cars and started driving little Japanese clown cars, because they got better gas millage. Pretty soon, instead of taking in money from selling stuff to everyone else, we were buying stuff from everyone else and losing money.

Now you guys whine about how Reagan cut taxes, but tax revenues increased on his watch. But spending increased faster, and not just on the military but on social programs and "entitlements".

So whose fault is that?

The Democrats for imposing so many regulations and backing unions even when their demands were impractical. A great example was the Steel INdustry. They wanted to completely rebuild their plants to compete with the Germans and Japanese, who had all new plants after WWII while we were still using plants from the turn of the century. Well, we can't have that, said the unions. We might lose union jobs. And kill some snail darters.

So our steel industry dried up.

The GOP deserves it's share of the blame, too, especially in advocating all these ridiculous trade treaties with places where if workers get killed, they just get new ones.

...and it's blatantly obvious that unions and union organizers are marxist. If you agree with marxism, I'd like to say more power to you and what have you- but in all honesty- get out of our country.

Pulling numbers out of your ass? My wife is an RN and makes about $26/hour for the Commonwealth of PA...She's also a member of SEIU. Furthermore... that $26/hour is after 23 years of Service. Nothing like exaggerating to cause fear... well... why should I be surprised... that's what right wingers do.

A more factual comparison is that a non-union job might pay $10/hour and the same job in a union might pay $13, Plus the Union job will have a better benefits package.

You know... I love this mythological thinking from you guys. Big Business can have scads of lawyers and Lobbyists to represent their interests... but labor shouldn't be allowed to have anything to represent their NEEDS. That's how fucking brainwashed you guys are. ANYTHING that Faux News and the Gods of AM Radio say... you swallow it hook, line and sinker.

Pulling numbers out of your ass? My wife is an RN and makes about $26/hour for the Commonwealth of PA...She's also a member of SEIU. Furthermore... that $26/hour is after 23 years of Service. Nothing like exaggerating to cause fear... well... why should I be surprised... that's what right wingers do.

A more factual comparison is that a non-union job might pay $10/hour and the same job in a union might pay $13, Plus the Union job will have a better benefits package.

You know... I love this mythological thinking from you guys. Big Business can have scads of lawyers and Lobbyists to represent their interests... but labor shouldn't be allowed to have anything to represent their NEEDS. That's how fucking brainwashed you guys are. ANYTHING that Faux News and the Gods of AM Radio say... you swallow it hook, line and sinker.

I agree with most of what you say

The Republicans won't be satisfied until an average American worker earns about the same proportionately as a worker in Maylasia.

You know...they began to see that one of our average middle class was able to quit working at age 65 and they just couldn't stand it. Now you watch the Republicans hold out for cuts in both social security and health care. They aren't happy unless more than 500 companies are making profits off of sick people...and we still rate 37th in the world when general health and longevity are studied.

In the 40's and 50's a corporate executive earned about 10-15 times what a carpenter or plumber earned.

By the 1970's that multiplier had increased to 50 times as much

Guess what a CEO averaged last year...........550 times what an average American worker earned. We can't win...the corporations own the congress.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout...rowing-rich-poor-gap-20110223-141311-132.html

Last edited:
Unions have created many jobs...

They created jobs with a 40 hour workweek
They created jobs with fair hiring and promotion opportunities
They created jobs with vacation and health benefits
They created jobs where you work in a safe work environment
They created jobs where you don't have to put up with sexual harassment to remain employed

Yes, we can all be thankful for the jobs unions have created

Last edited:

Forum List

Back