When giving a trespass warning to cops goes wrong.....Understand your rights

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia

If you ain't got a warrant get off my property! Listen! Off of my property!"
"Ma'am, you're gonna have to chill out"
"You're gonna have to get off my property"

"We're here on a warrant attempt, looking for (somebody who is isn't here) that's why you needed to come outside" - I don't think it works that way.

"We gonna secure the house, make sure there's nobody in there"
"But you ain't got no search warrant"
"I gotta make a phone call" - yeah, I think you do.

Apparently the guy who was initially talking to them ended up getting the shit beat out of him for objecting when they arrested the wife for issuing a trespass warning "obstructing".

The problem with trying to marginalize "only 1% are bad cops" is 1% of bad Wendy's employees can ruin your order but 1% of bad cops can ruin your life.

I think bodycam videos on YouTube of derelicts, idiots, drunks, and "experts" should be required viewing for high school seniors, a graduation requirement.

They most likely could have watched the house and took 15 minutes to get a search warrant. But no, they were not going to stand for someone insisting their rights not get violated so they got violent.

Still one agency in my state that doesn't require a warrant for search...
images (44).jpeg

They most likely could have watched the house and took 15 minutes to get a search warrant. But no, they were not going to stand for someone insisting their rights not get violated so they got violent.
What do you expect when a society STRONGLY discourages qualified, intelligent people to become officers. Who would want to be a cop today?? And have to put up with daily abuse and disrespect and absolutely no support from their governments.
I tell you who - unqualified, lower intelligent people who have a penchant for power and authority. These people were weeded out before, today that is all police departments can get.

What do you expect when a society STRONGLY discourages qualified, intelligent people to become officers. Who would want to be a cop today?? And have to put up with daily abuse and disrespect and absolutely no support from their governments.
I tell you who - unqualified, lower intelligent people who have a penchant for power and authority. These people were weeded out before, today that is all police departments can get.

When we start trying to hire intelligent people, I'll listen to your argument.

Would that in some cases require higher pay? Perhaps. Good with me as long as it comes with higher accountability.

Apparently the guy who was initially talking to them ended up getting the shit beat out of him for objecting when they arrested the wife for issuing a trespass warning "obstructing".

The problem with trying to marginalize "only 1% are bad cops" is 1% of bad Wendy's employees can ruin your order but 1% of bad cops can ruin your life.

A ''good cop'' will kick your door down just as eagerly as a ''bad cop.''

The pay argument is valid but unless states start subsidizing police pay across all jurisdictions there will always be towns like say Covington, Virginia (39K to start) that simply can't afford to pay what the liberals in NOtVA pay their well-funded JBTs like in Fairfax County, Virginia that pays 69K+ to start.

The pay argument is valid but unless states start subsidizing police pay across all jurisdictions there will always be towns like say Covington, Virginia (39K to start) that simply can't afford to pay what the liberals in NOtVA pay their well-funded JBTs like in Fairfax County, Virginia that pays 69K+ to start.

What's the lawsuits end up costing these counties?

What's the lawsuits end up costing these counties?
Can't say.....I do remember when VDOC opened the two Super Max prisons in SW that the local PDs were gutted because VDOC was paying about 10K more at the time for a officer.

I see nothing wrong with the state helping with police/SD pay, better than pissing it away in Richmond on "programs".

Can't say.....I do remember when VDOC opened the two Super Max prisons in SW that the local PDs were gutted because VDOC was paying about 10K more at the time for a officer.

I see nothing wrong with the state helping with police/SD pay, better than pissing it away in Richmond on "programs".

I'm not arguing against it if that is what is needed.

It wasn't smart of her to challenge them with "got a warrant?" as the first words out of her mouth, that is like arguing with an airline ticket agent, it usually does not end well. However, if she calmly stated her rights I would bet it wouldn't matter to these cops either. When one drawls out "Are you smoking weed? I can smell it" I'm transported back in time to when it was illegal where I iive.

It wasn't smart of her to challenge them with "got a warrant?" as the first words out of her mouth, that is like arguing with an airline ticket agent, it usually does not end well.

It should always end well.

When we start trying to hire intelligent people, I'll listen to your argument.

Would that in some cases require higher pay? Perhaps. Good with me as long as it comes with higher accountability.
Still dismissive of the fact that overwhelmingly cops every single day face all manner of abuse from the public, ranging from the screaming Karen to a crazed lunatic putting multiple lives at risk, once they catch him, a video goes on YouTube bitching at how they treated the lunatic who just endangered 100s of lives.

The problem with trying to marginalize "only 1% are bad cops" is 1% of bad Wendy's employees can ruin your order but 1% of bad cops can ruin your life
Then don’t give them a reason to ever be on your property; and give them every reason to not want to be there.

There are 22 officers in my local PD. I know every single one of them personally. They know me as well. We’re all good friends… even though I’ve lived here for less than two years.

Forum List

Back