When does the Two Minute Hate end?

D

Dim Bulb

ever? Will we ever stop blaming Hillary Obama the media etc for all of our ills? Will there ever be a tiny crack of daylight when we ask ourselves whether our conservative principles and policies are actually being pushed to the side as secondary in favor of this irrational hate?

Will we ever start modeling the behavior that we would like to see in this country? Specifically a rational discourse about policy in which both conservatives and their opponents speak their minds firmly and with civility instead of stooping to the level of our political opponents on the left.

Why can't we show we are better than they by usin our dominance of D.C. to really just make policies they hate instead of all this blather about Hillary and Obama. They are yesterday's news. Within two years all you haters will have latched on to some new targets. Cuomo. Biden. Warren. Franken. And if we haven't legislated by then we have wasted a golden opportunity by just wallowing in this hatred.

I like your name, it suits you. All that you ask for will happen when you stop calling others " haters" and when you expect your news media to tell the truth, all the truth and nothing but the truth. Til then? Just keep trolling!

I like your name, it suits you. All that you ask for will happen when you stop calling others " haters" and when you expect your news media to tell the truth, all the truth and nothing but the truth. Til then? Just keep trolling!
I get it. You're making a joke about my screen name. That's funny. Never heard it before. The news media doesn't seem to have fooled any of us here on USMB. So what makes you think the rest of the nation is so dull that they don't consume their news with skepticism?

PS It is so ironic that a plea for civility and substantive discussion is now dismissed as "trolling". We are truly through the looking glass.

ever? Will we ever stop blaming Hillary Obama the media etc for all of our ills? Will there ever be a tiny crack of daylight when we ask ourselves whether our conservative principles and policies are actually being pushed to the side as secondary in favor of this irrational hate?

Will we ever start modeling the behavior that we would like to see in this country? Specifically a rational discourse about policy in which both conservatives and their opponents speak their minds firmly and with civility instead of stooping to the level of our political opponents on the left.

Why can't we show we are better than they by usin our dominance of D.C. to really just make policies they hate instead of all this blather about Hillary and Obama. They are yesterday's news. Within two years all you haters will have latched on to some new targets. Cuomo. Biden. Warren. Franken. And if we haven't legislated by then we have wasted a golden opportunity by just wallowing in this hatred.
So, lets start this civil discourse by asking this important question.

Why does talk of civility occur ONLY when Democrats are out of power?

Wow, giant popcorn fart there. Speak for yourself, you are not authorized to speak for the minds of millions. If I "hate" someone it's for reasons I consider worthy of hate.

This middle roader broad brushing is always such a hoot. What do you expect to happen? Either the left dials it down or the right bends over and grabs their ankles. I'm goddamn glad to see a little resistance FINALLY on the right then I gotta read this shit?

Wow, giant popcorn fart there. Speak for yourself, you are not authorized to speak for the minds of millions. If I "hate" someone it's for reasons I consider worthy of hate.

This middle roader broad brushing is always such a hoot. What do you expect to happen? Either the left dials it down or the right bends over and grabs their ankles. I'm goddamn glad to see a little resistance FINALLY on the right then I gotta read this shit?
I hear you and in some ways agree. I don't intend to talk for millions not at all. We have the levers of power and we spend all our time throwing stones at nitwits who LOVE it. Like wrestling in the mud with a pig. You'll both get dirty and the pig will love it. The best way to piss off your enemies is not to bark but to bite. And bite with legislation they don't like. Not tweets and all this blather.

That's just my view from the fry station.

So, lets start this civil discourse by asking this important question.

Why does talk of civility occur ONLY when Democrats are out of power?
I've been talking about it since 1980 so I'm not sure your view of history is the same as mine.

I hear you and in some ways agree. I don't intend to talk for millions not at all. We have the levers of power and we spend all our time throwing stones at nitwits who LOVE it. Like wrestling in the mud with a pig. You'll both get dirty and the pig will love it. The best way to piss off your enemies is not to bark but to bite. And bite with legislation they don't like. Not tweets and all this blather.

We aren't writing any legislation here. Although there could be some congress critters here, hard to tell. Be specific, should I agree with all things left. 50%? 20%?

My experience has been failure to agree with them 100% is hate, intolerance, homophobia, sexism, racism, bigotry and all the other weaponized words the left uses to try to turn me into an irrelevant piece of nothing. I'll pass come to think of it.

We aren't writing any legislation here. Although there could be some congress critters here, hard to tell. Be specific, should I agree with all things left. 50%? 20%?

My experience has been failure to agree with them 100% is hate, intolerance, homophobia, sexism, racism, bigotry and all the other weaponized words the left uses to try to turn me into an irrelevant piece of nothing. I'll pass come to think of it.
That's cool. We disagree. Obviously I can't say a percentage I just try to disagree civilly to model a behavior for my political opponents when we disagree and search for areas to compromise but to remain firm in our principles. What's so hard about that?

First let's dispel the notion that there truly at "two" sides actually involved in this problem. There may be "two" sides on the street level but not up there in the halls of power. There is just one. As Frank Zappa said "Politics is the entertainment arm of the Military Industrial Complex". It was designed for two things, distraction and division and it excels at both.

Last edited:

Your name really fits.

That's cool. We disagree. Obviously I can't say a percentage I just try to disagree civilly to model a behavior for my political opponents when we disagree and search for areas to compromise but to remain firm in our principles. What's so hard about that?
It's hard to understand because you are trying to describe a square circle. The left doesn't compromise, the right does it too much. The left doesn't even accept election results for fuck's sake!

I'm civil to moonbats in the real world, unless they don't deserve it.

Here on the forum, I am free to treat them as poorly as they deserve to be treated. I'm civil to the VERY few liberals who are rational and cognizant here, otherwise they're here only to be ridiculed and marginalized because they represent everything wrong with the country and the culture.

It's normal to hate people who actively work to undermine your freedom. You're a fucking retard if you don't fight them.

There are some figures who are so evil that, not only does the hate agsinst them never end, but their names become synonymous with hateful things. Nero, Hitler, Caligula, Castro, Obama, Clinton.

First let's dispel the notion that there truly at "two" sides actually involved in this problem. There may be "two" sides on the street level but not up there in the halls of power. There is just one. As Frank Zappa said "Politics is the entertainment arm of the Military Industrial Complex". It was designed for two things, distraction and division and it excels as both.
I think you are making a brilliant point. I worked for a guy who stayed in the Lincoln Bedroom when Bush was President and he stayed in the Lincoln Bedroom when Clinton was President. He didn't care about parties he cared about his money and getting his conservative agenda heard. He thought all the fighting on talk radio and cable about stupid wedge issues worked to his benefit because it distracted people from the fact that he and his wealthy comrades controlled Dems and Repubs. Great point by you.

Another brilliant point. This forum is MMA and workplace or church gatherings enforce civility. Well put.

There are some figures who are so evil that, not only does the hate agsinst them never end, but their names become synonymous with hateful things. Nero, Hitler, Caligula, Castro, Obama, Clinton.
You left out Nick Saban.

Your name really fits.
You are using the liberal tactic of immediately resorting to personal attacks.

Your name really fits.
You are using the liberal tactic of immediately resorting to personal attacks.
If the shoe fits...wear it.

Forum List

Back