When did the Republican Party of Lincoln become the "Confederate Party"?

republican governors call for confederate month

Have you bothered doing a Google Search?

ZZ4F02565C.jpg

Here’s a photo of South Carolina Senate President Glenn McConnell, dressed up as a Confederate General and posing with two African Americans in slave costumes.

In addition to McConnell, S.C. Gov. Mark Sanford attended (and spoke at) the event – although it was not listed on his weekly public schedule. S.C. Republican Attorney General nominee Alan Wilson also attended.

Invited speakers to the NFRW conference included U.S. House Majority Leader John Boehner, Senate Leader Mitch McConnell, RNC Chairman Michael Steele, Rep. Joe Wilson, House Speaker Bobby Harrell, former U.S. Ambassador David Wilkins and GOP gubernatorial nominee Nikki Haley.

nfrw-sanford.jpg

nfrw-dancing.jpg

Not exactly "flags", but I think costumes are way worse. Don't you?

But speaking of flags:

news17_shad_planking.jpg

George Allen, Republican in U.S. Senate race

Bull Shit.

They celebrate the Civil War every year through reenactments. That doesn't make them Confederates. Besides, I don't see any Grey uniforms in your pics, only blue.

I also see Ron Paul signs. Many of his supporters love to fly the Confederate flag. Ron Paul is a Libertarian, not a Republican.

Blue Confederate Uniforms

Does that mean I don't get an apology?

Bull Shit.

They celebrate the Civil War every year through reenactments. That doesn't make them Confederates. Besides, I don't see any Grey uniforms in your pics, only blue.

I also see Ron Paul signs. Many of his supporters love to fly the Confederate flag. Ron Paul is a Libertarian, not a Republican.

Blue Confederate Uniforms

Does that mean I don't get an apology?

No.

Explain how some politician wearing a blue Civil War uniform intended to dress up as a Confederate. Once you get done splaining that tell me how that makes him a racist.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back