When did Rolling Stone become shiz?

TheGreatGatsby

Gold Member
Mar 27, 2012
California
In the 90's I loved to read Rolling Stone for the music. Then at the turn of the century, they just became so entrenched in the me culture that I could no longer bare to read it any more. So, I'm not surprised how bad they've became. But, it is still just amazing to me how a fun light magazine got pulled into the f you culture.

For fucks sake; Breitbart's body wasn't even cold yet when they released this filth:

Andrew Breitbart: Death of a Douche | Matt Taibbi | Rolling Stone

And I think it was RS that did a Clint Eastwood interview a few months back. But I can't find it on a Google search. But the interviewer/writer was just being a total twirp asshole. It's like show some fucking respect you stupid cock sucker.

Solid reporting from Rolling Stone.

Breitbart was a douche.

America got a little bit healthier the day he died.

I'm glad it happened.

In the 90's I loved to read Rolling Stone for the music. Then at the turn of the century, they just became so entrenched in the me culture that I could no longer bare to read it any more. So, I'm not surprised how bad they've became. But, it is still just amazing to me how a fun light magazine got pulled into the f you culture.

For fucks sake; Breitbart's body wasn't even cold yet when they released this filth:

And I think it was RS that did a Clint Eastwood interview a few months back. But I can't find it on a Google search. But the interviewer/writer was just being a total twirp asshole. It's like show some fucking respect you stupid cock sucker.

they were always political.

and they were always on the left.

what did you think they would be? teatards?

why would he 'show respect' to breitbart?

they were always political.

and they were always on the left.

what did you think they would be? teatards?

why would he 'show respect' to breitbart?

They weren't always political. If they even broached the subject, it was light hearted and not overt. They were a magazine about music with over arching pop culture overtones. They were also enjoyable to read b/c of that. They didn't engage in the bratty kid screaming editorials; at least not when I followed the mag in the mid to late 90's.

look what Wenner and company did to the Rock hall of fame......started off good.....look how it is now and who gets in.....Jann Wenner sucks.....

Not according to High Times magazine!

This is the publisher who was married to a lady for like ever then one day he decided he wanted to be gay....Do I have this right.? :badgrin:

Forum List

Back