When Cooler Heated Warmer

CrusaderFrank

Diamond Member
May 20, 2009
Suppose there are 2 bodies close to each other: one with a temperature of 31.25F, the other at 32F.

There is an argument made on the forum that in addition to the warmer body heating the cooler...the cooler also heats the warmer. Weird, I know.

How does this work? For example, the warmer drops down by .05 to 31.95 but instead of the cooler body increasing to 31.3, it too drops temperature to send heat to the hotter one. Weird, I know.

Somehow, it not only collects heat from the warmer body, but it drops from 31.25 to surrender heat to the warmer body. What?

If it actually worked like that, wouldn't it take infinite time for the bodies to reach equilibrium?

If it actually worked like that, wouldn't it take infinite time for the bodies to reach equilibrium?
Actually, they would freeze to death long before equilibrium would be reached if kept dropping temperatures by the constant of .05 degrees.
Just kidding Frank.

Suppose there are 2 bodies close to each other: one with a temperature of 31.25F, the other at 32F.

There is an argument made on the forum that in addition to the warmer body heating the cooler...the cooler also heats the warmer. Weird, I know.

How does this work? For example, the warmer drops down by .05 to 31.95 but instead of the cooler body increasing to 31.3, it too drops temperature to send heat to the hotter one. Weird, I know.

Somehow, it not only collects heat from the warmer body, but it drops from 31.25 to surrender heat to the warmer body. What?

There is an argument made on the forum that in addition to the warmer body heating the cooler...the cooler also heats the warmer.

Who would argue that?

Forum List

Back