When Christianity become about persecuting others?

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
Be it gays, non-Christians, less religious Christians, when ever we hear from Christians lately it's they're attacking somebody else. It's never 'We're Christian are doing this wonderful thign over here and welcome all to join us." It's protesting gay marriage, gay adoption, bashing other faiths, or something else negative. I don't recall Jesus saying after a sermon, "Hey let's go beat the shit out of those Roman queers at the orgy." :)

Be it gays, non-Christians, less religious Christians, when ever we hear from Christians lately it's they're attacking somebody else. It's never 'We're Christian are doing this wonderful thing over here and welcome all to join us." It's protesting gay marriage, gay adoption, bashing other faiths, or something else negative. I don't recall Jesus saying after a sermon, "Hey let's go beat the shit out of those Roman queers at the orgy." :)

That's because you don't have the faith to accept the teachings of the priests, preachers, ministers and holy men who have spent many devotional years on their knees eating Jesus in the form of bread and wine reverently contemplating the command to love thy neighbor.

Not to worry!

If you would just set your rational mind aside, not to mention the entire Law and Prophets, and worship Jesus as if he was a god that could be eaten for spiritual life you too could lose your mind and then, suddenly, hating everyone else will make perfect sense...you'll be saved!

How is protecting people from having standards and laws contrary to our republic forced upon us persecuting anyone?

if you want to pass a law go through the legislative process and make your case. Stop with the judicial activism. People might respect you more if you obeyed the law.

Delta, believe it or not, the world does not revolve around you and your homosexual friends.

Delta, believe it or not, the world does not revolve around you and your homosexual friends.
Actually sexual orientation has nothing to do with it. The Xian faith has always been about persecuting others and belittling those who disagree with the practice.

How is protecting people from having standards and laws contrary to our republic forced upon us persecuting anyone?

if you want to pass a law go through the legislative process and make your case. Stop with the judicial activism. People might respect you more if you obeyed the law.

Tyranny of the majority.

An unjust law is an unjust law, regardless of how many people want it.

Actually sexual orientation has nothing to do with it. The Xian faith has always been about persecuting others and belittling others who disagree the practice.

That's pretty much every group though. Tribalism among religious lines isn't an unknown idea. Its all about power.

Actually sexual orientation has nothing to do with it. The Xian faith has always been about persecuting others and belittling others who disagree the practice.

That's pretty much every group though. Tribalism among religious lines isn't an unknown idea. Its all about power.
That's true, I should've said religions in general.

Pretty typical for you angry religionists. This is what the portion of humanity that doesn't acquiesce to the cult of religious belief is up against: a potent sociopolitical religious ideology with consummate hostility against the out-group of unbelievers as one of its principal tenets and instruments of propagation.

Pretty typical for you angry religionists. This is what the portion of humanity that doesn't acquiesce to the cult of religious belief is up against: a potent sociopolitical religious ideology with consummate hostility against the out-group of unbelievers as one of its principal tenets and instruments of propagation.
Articulate and true. Thank you.

Oh, blah blah blah Christians are hurting me! Blah blah blah!

Be it gays, non-Christians, less religious Christians, when ever we hear from Christians lately it's they're attacking somebody else. It's never 'We're Christian are doing this wonderful thign over here and welcome all to join us." It's protesting gay marriage, gay adoption, bashing other faiths, or something else negative. I don't recall Jesus saying after a sermon, "Hey let's go beat the shit out of those Roman queers at the orgy." :)
It really sorry if always was. People that wear the cross proudly don't seem to be doing so for the glory of God, it's more to belong to a tribe. It feeds the division. The Christian religion has fractured so many times over this nonsense that it is no longer the pillar of the earth but dust.

It really sorry if always was. People that wear the cross proudly don't seem to be doing so for the glory of God, it's more to belong to a tribe. It feeds the division. The Christian religion has fractured so many times over this nonsense that it is no longer the pillar of the earth but dust.
Blah blah blah....Christians are EEEEVILLLL!!!!....blah blah blah

Why do you feel so persecuted?

The bible says Christians are evil. Christians are man and man is not good, only God is good. So yes they do wicked things and yes they are evil.

Your contempt is with the bible not me.

Actually, I think you'll find that what you hear from Christians is responses to attacks from the left.

Actually, I think you'll find that what you hear from Christians is responses to attacks from the left.
What is the left? Christians aren't supposed to serve masters other than Christ, that includes the directions.

Instead of responding to them as adversaries treat them like our brothers and sisters, because they are. Any sins they commit they take responsibility for. And it is their choice. And blessed are those that suffer for Christ.

Did Christ argue and bicker with people that didn't agree with him? Or did he fall on their mercy allowing them to crucify him?

The bible says Christians are evil. Christians are man and man is not good, only God is good. So yes they do wicked things and yes they are evil.

What is the left? Christians aren't supposed to serve masters other than Christ, that includes the directions.

Instead of responding to them as adversaries treat them like our brothers and sisters, because they are. Any sins they commit they take responsibility for. And it is their choice. And blessed are those that suffer for Christ.

Did Christ argue and bicker with people that didn't agree with him? Or did he fall on their mercy allowing them to crucify him?
Our adversaries do not believe in the concept of sin.

Our adversaries do not believe in the concept of sin.

We aren't adversarial, we are the conduit in which Christ brings peace.

I will leave the fighting with Satan to the him that has been doing it much longer than my kind existed. All I can do is resist temptation I was called to be a servant. You fight evil with kindness and love.

Forum List

Back