When Bush was President from 2000 to 2008 I was always employed, when Obama took over........

fbj

Gold Member
Jul 10, 2014
I was laid off in 2009 twice
I was laid off in 2011 twice

So I was laid off 4 times when Obama was president but he is supposed to be so fucking great? And futhermore what the fuck has he down for the Inner city?? I know, Nothing

So I say all this to say, let's give Trump a chance and see what happens

I agree that he has the keys to the car and so we should let him drive it and hope it comes back without damage. Perhaps even with a full tank of gas and a detail job!

Sorry about your employment situation. Sorry also about that whole Cowboy fan thing. :biggrin:

I agree that he has the keys to the car and so we should let him drive it and hope it comes back without damage. Perhaps even with a full tank of gas and a detail job!

Sorry about your employment situation. Sorry also about that whole Cowboy fan thing. :biggrin:

I recovered nicely and now have a stable job. I don't even want to discuss the cowboys until september

So I was laid off 4 times when Obama was president but he is supposed to be so fucking great? And futhermore what the fuck has he down for the Inner city?? I know, Nothing

Is laid off the same as getting fired?

No Assface. Laid off is when you are eligible for unemployment

16114293_1030352493764181_8961813039095801156_n.jpg

I see, I have no problem finding another job before unemployed could start...

I see, I have no problem finding another job before unemployed could start...

Depends on your area and background

You should be able to quit and receive compensation for being unemployed. Why settle for less, under our, equitable form of Capitalism.

Having read your posts.....just sayin'.....I wouldn't go blaming others.

You should be able to quit and receive compensation for being unemployed. Why settle for less, under our, equitable form of Capitalism.

When you quit or get fired there is no unemployment

Having read your posts.....just sayin'.....I wouldn't go blaming others.

It happened on Obama's watch. Not on Bush

Well I was laid off a lot in the bush years and sorry Obama was busy dealing with getting us out of a great recession right now.

But before I rip into you let me say I think it might take a guy like trump to clean up the crime in America. If he is sincere. So yes let's give him a chance. The black community might find trump improves their quality of life tenfold.

Could you imagine if white people felt safe enough to move into black neighborhoods? The houses in Detroit are cheap but no one wants to live there. White people are starting to move to Detroit but not a lot of neighborhoods because they are too dangerous. Trump said this ends now.

You watch and see. Republicans are now going to tell you that it's your fault you were laid off. Or maybe you're in the wrong industry.

And gm already announced they'll be laying off 2000 workers in 2017. Are you going to blame trump? Where are those 2000 going to go that pays as well? What is trump going to do about it?

What you want is for jobs to be so plentiful that even if you get laid off you can just go find another one.

I don't know who you worked for in the 2000s if it was an energy or defense contractor you did well. Not good manufacturing jobs.

Anyways, Republicans are going to tell you to stop getting laid off and don't blame trump. You are responsible for you.

If you are laid off now, what skills do you have to meet 21st century demand. Watch, Republicans will say it's your fault now but Obama's before.

Let's see what trump can do.

Well I was laid off a lot in the bush years and sorry Obama was busy dealing with getting us out of a great recession right now.

But before I rip into you let me say I think it might take a guy like trump to clean up the crime in America. If he is sincere. So yes let's give him a chance. The black community might find trump improves their quality of life tenfold.

Could you imagine if white people felt safe enough to move into black neighborhoods? The houses in Detroit are cheap but no one wants to live there. White people are starting to move to Detroit but not a lot of neighborhoods because they are too dangerous. Trump said this ends now.

You watch and see. Republicans are now going to tell you that it's your fault you were laid off. Or maybe you're in the wrong industry.

And gm already announced they'll be laying off 2000 workers in 2017. Are you going to blame trump? Where are those 2000 going to go that pays as well? What is trump going to do about it?

What you want is for jobs to be so plentiful that even if you get laid off you can just go find another one.

I don't know who you worked for in the 2000s if it was an energy or defense contractor you did well. Not good manufacturing jobs.

Anyways, Republicans are going to tell you to stop getting laid off and don't blame trump. You are responsible for you.

If you are laid off now, what skills do you have to meet 21st century demand. Watch, Republicans will say it's your fault now but Obama's before.

I don't have to worry about getting laid off now since I am involved in a line of work that is something the public needs.

In the past I was involved in a field that was not needed....job counseling..resume preparartion

Actually, there are a lot of bullshit companies out there taking advantage of their labor. If jobs are plentiful and that drives wages up companies won't find it as easy to take advantage of the large labor force.

I went threw my share of bad companies in the 2000s too so I feel you.

But you also seem like you'd be a pain in the ass employee

I don't have to worry about getting laid off now since I am involved in a line of work that is something the public needs.

In the past I was involved in a field that was not needed....job counseling..resume preparartion
True. I tried getting into manufacturing and finally landed a good job 3 years ago.

We did come out of a great recession

I love how you put this! :) :) :)

They are different. Being laid off means that coming back later at some point can still happened. Being fired means that you are no longer able to work where ever it is that you have been fired from.

God bless you two always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

They are different. Being laid off means that coming back later at some point can still happened. Being fired means that you are no longer able to work where ever it is that you have been fired from.

Holly
I know people that have been fired and rehired by the same company...

Holly

Must have been a minimum wage job

Holly

Must have been a minimum wage job
If min. wage starts at ten an hour. How much is min. wage now?

Forum List

Back