When an admiral describes taking a top gov't job as 'a sh*t sandwich', you know we've got trouble

Pretty simplistic partisan view. It wouldn't have mattered one way or the other, ISIS was formed out of the chaos that was the so called Arab Spring that was a direct result of Bush's destabilization of the area with the overthrow of Saddam Hussein. Our leaders and their advisors didn't and still don't understand the cultures and peoples of the region so continue to make decisions based on an American mindset and political expediency.

Which is why we need to get out of the ME and leave those people to their own devices. With any luck at all, they'll eventually eliminate themselves and save us the trouble and expense.

Pretty simplistic partisan view. It wouldn't have mattered one way or the other, ISIS was formed out of the chaos that was the so called Arab Spring that was a direct result of Bush's destabilization of the area with the overthrow of Saddam Hussein. Our leaders and their advisors didn't and still don't understand the cultures and peoples of the region so continue to make decisions based on an American mindset and political expediency.

Which is why we need to get out of the ME and leave those people to their own devices. With any luck at all, they'll eventually eliminate themselves and save us the trouble and expense.
The problem is that we can't get out, that would lead to other potentially dire consequences as Russia and China rush in to fill the resulting power broker vacuum, something Russia is trying to do right now.

The problem is that we can't get out, that would lead to other potentially dire consequences as Russia and China rush in to fill the resulting power broker vacuum, something Russia is trying to do right now.

Good!

Let them piss away their resources on that shithole.

Good!

Let them piss away their resources on that shithole.
I love your short sightedness.........

Just like back in the day when your POTUS took orders from roboheart Cheney and destabilized the entire ME by trashing Iraq and creating ISIS from its out-of-work soldiers

then there's Russiagate, even worse than Watergate

isis was created when obama pulled our troops out before the job was done...but thanks for lying....

ISIS' core is comprised of primarily the Ba'athists and Sunni soldiers fired by L Paul Bremmer in 2003, fact

I agree with most of your assessment, but you definitely should have led off with "Bush's destabilization of the area with the overthrow of Saddam Hussein"

that's when the core of ISIS was born (while drawing in al Qaeda and Sunni tribal factions), fact

Just like back in the day when your POTUS took orders from roboheart Cheney and destabilized the entire ME by trashing Iraq and creating ISIS from its out-of-work soldiers

isis was created when obama pulled our troops out before the job was done...but thanks for lying....

ISIS' core is comprised of primarily the Ba'athists and Sunni soldiers fired by L Paul Bremmer in 2003, fact

I agree with most of your assessment, but you definitely should have led off with "Bush's destabilization of the area with the overthrow of Saddam Hussein"

that's when the core of ISIS was born (while drawing in al Qaeda and Sunni tribal factions), fact
That's what I was saying so basically the blame can be passed around equally, Bush for destabilizing the region and Obama for taking the political expedient route (for him and those who backed him) which allowed ISIS to coalesce and become a major threat. Of course hind sight is always 20/20 for those open to seeing the whole picture. Cause and effect.

No....when Bush left office we had enough troops in Iraq to keep isis from forming.......obama pulled those troops and they organized and began to actually conquer territory...Bush left Iraq stable, obama destroyed it...

No....when Bush left office we had enough troops in Iraq to keep isis from forming.......obama pulled those troops and they organized and began to actually conquer territory...Bush left Iraq stable, obama destroyed it...
Iraq was never truly stable even when bush was in office. You're missing the whole cause and effect that non-partisan observers readily recognize.

Obviously you are unfamiliar with how DC works. Taking a top government job is the equivalent of a shit sandwich as every political appointee is a potential cow patty to be kicked around in the game of politics. Not everyone wants to be in that position.

oh I see, Bannon has more balls than a Navy Admiral

got it

For the Game of Politics probably. Being able to act under combat pressure and being able to stand the constant hammer of political intrigue are two different hings.

And Bannon was in the service as well.

Forum List

Back