When Amazon Kills all the Malls

Then I won't have to worry about dealing with some 18 year old snob who can't look at you or speak to you when they're cashing you out.

You know, some of those malls would make some really interesting apartment buildings. You could do a whole lot of stuff with them.
Interesting. Would need a lot more windows and skylights but doable. I lived once in a building that in the 19th century was a hoop skirt factory and was made into apartments.

Most malls have large skylights over the main walkway through the center. Yes, a couple more wouldn't hurt, and would improve the overall appearance.

What would be cool though, is to turn the walkway into a lawn area with sidewalks going on either side of them to the apartments.

If you have a large enough area in the middle (and many do) you could also install a swimming pool.

I've thought about this before, and I've got some cool ideas about turning one into an upscale community.
That is pretty cool. Those roofs aren’t much structurally and could be opened up. And apartments are in high demand with these crazy housing prices. Let’s get er done!

You know, I kinda think that the malls paved the way for the big box stores to take over.

And now, it looks like the internet is going to take over most of the stores.

reminds me of the time when blockbuster wiped out all the little neighborhood video shops...only to be put out of business by online streaming sites like netflix.

You know, with the size of some of these malls, as well as with all the stuff they already have in them (plumbing, electrical, etc), you would think that it would be fairly easy to turn them into a factory of some sort.

Better yet.....................take the abandoned malls in states where marijuana is legal and turn them into 420 shopping malls. You could have shops, grow rooms and pipe shops all under the same roof.

Then I won't have to worry about dealing with some 18 year old snob who can't look at you or speak to you when they're cashing you out.
If that triggers you maybe you should consider a remote mountain home.

You know, I kinda think that the malls paved the way for the big box stores to take over.

And now, it looks like the internet is going to take over most of the stores.
The new niche market is in parcel delivery...

Amazon didn't kill the malls, just sayin.
A number of other factors combined did.
1) Anchor stores started to relocate to independent locations. These anchors realized that the "little stores" didn't drive business to them, they were driving business to the little guys. Some who sold the same merchandise as they did. When the anchors left, properties has difficulty finding new anchors.
2) Retail spending changes. Millennials simply do not spend money just for the sake of spending money like their parents did in the 80's. Kids today spend most of their dough on technology, phones/tablets/gaming/fit bits etc. Clothing shopping just to be shopping does not entertain them.
3) Less debt. People owe less. And a great deal of that is less credit card spending. And credit card spending was the life blood of the 80's-90's. People today buy more larger ticket items than 100's of little items.

So a lack of customer service is acceptable? Please don't ever own a business. What a fuck tard.
I did own a business and sold it to a multinational. Our mission was to have the best customer service to differentiate ourselves from our competitors. We were successful. That doesn’t mean every business will do the same. Don’t like the 18 year old because you somehow perceive that he/she is a snob? (Must be nice to have that level of perspicacity). Then don’t go back. Problem solved.

So a lack of customer service is acceptable? Please don't ever own a business. What a fuck tard.
I did own a business and sold it to a multinational. Our mission was to have the best customer service to differentiate ourselves from our competitors. We were successful. That doesn’t mean every business will do the same. Don’t like the 18 year old because you somehow perceive that he/she is a snob? (Must be nice to have that level of perspicacity). Then don’t go back. Problem solved.

Or how about discipline the worker for looking and acting like a snob? I love friendly cashiers with a personality, it makes the experience better and more comfortable. If I did that at my non-retail job, non-fast food job, I wouldn't have a job anymore, yet alone some cashier who works for Old Navy or Gap. No customer wants to deal with a cashier who won't say, "how are you?" "good morning," "did you find everything with ease today?" Nope, instead you see 18 year olds who just start ringing up your items and don't even say a word until the total amount is determined.

Or how about discipline the worker for looking and acting like a snob? I love friendly cashiers with a personality, it makes the experience better and more comfortable. If I did that at my non-retail job, non-fast food job, I wouldn't have a job anymore, yet alone some cashier who works for Old Navy or Gap. No customer wants to deal with a cashier who won't say, "how are you?" "good morning," "did you find everything with ease today?" Nope, instead you see 18 year olds who just start ringing up your items and don't even say a word until the total amount is determined.
That hasn't been my experience... I've found most of those you describe, to be quite forward, and engaging...

That hasn't been my experience... I've found most of those you describe, to be quite forward, and engaging...

And those few that don't should be disciplined or fired.
If they worked for me they would be.

Personally it makes me want to slam their head on the counter a few times. Those people end up on welfare because they have the "I don't give a fuck" attitude.
Yup. You’re not triggered. At all.

Forum List

Back