When All Things Go Wrong, Who Do You Turn To??

:lol:

Still evading, I see

You're a testament to your kind, alright
Well thank you JB that is a compliment coming from you. My kind that is, are those born again, born of the Spirit of God. Cool. Your kind, poor lost souls with screaming demons claiming no such thing as grace given by God to save our souls but just us flesh beings here to rule this ole world and then die.

So 'those born again, born of the Spirit of God' lie and watch men choke to death?

And you want to tell the world what's moral? :lol:
Far stretch there. I did not tell the man to choke himself, nor did I tell him to slurp his coffee. You choose your own path yet you blame another. If I watch you choke yourself after you had threaten me you would claim it is my fault? Sure makes sense, not. You have decided your path for a time and a season. It is all your own. Don't try to put your choices off on me or another. I have no guilt whatsoever for what you choose to do to yourself or for yourself. Nor will I accept any of it. You can stay in the dust (confusion) of the earth for as long as you like.

When All Things Go Wrong, Who Do You Turn To??
I turn to Chris "Boomer" Berman of ESPN. He is the best!
chris_berman_really_annoying_1.jpg

Have you ever had a near death experience?

Anne Marie

Actually, I have.

I was electrocuted when I was a child when I stuck a fork into a socket. The last thing I remember was the feeling of approaching a light. Turns out to be the ceiling lights in the kitchen....True story.

Does this have a point of some kind?

Let me take a wild guess here... "Sometimes life sucks. Also dying is scary. Wouldn't it be nice if there was a super powerful being who could magically make it all better? Therefore god exists."

Is it supposed to go something like that?

Maybe the intent was just to talk about what others do when things fall apart. Some seek God, some don't. It is interesting to know how people cope.
This is the thread on religion, so what is your beef if someone wants to talk about God, His existance, or His work in the lives of people. If you don't like that, fo to another topic.

By the way, god is awesome, and He has brought me through some amazing things. Each time I was blessed far more than I was injured.

I have no beef at all if people want to talk about it. It's why I'm here. And amazingly enough, it's what I was doing with all those words I just typed and that I am even now typing more of.

Speaking of talking about it, care to elaborate on any specifics of exactly how "god brought you through" anything in particular?

Sure. However these are not up for debate. When I say God worked in these situations, that is the final answer, period.

Once I was driving from Alabama to Texas, on a cold winter evening. The heater was on, and for some reason just quit heating. We kept driving, I thought it might just be a fuse. We got pretty cold, but after a couple of hours we made it to a place where we could check it out. It was now late. I took it to a mechanic, and he told me that there is no water in the radiator, and it has been dry for a long time. He said it was impossible for you to have been driving for the past two or three hours like that. Well, we did, and that it the way it happened. God kept the car going (we had the kids in the car with us). We were able to fix the problem and go on our way. There was no damage to the car at all. We got home safe and I have been able to tell of this event many times. God has been very good to our family.

I'll do one more. In 1999 we were unable to meet our bills. The landlord was selling the house, and I had gotten a demotion on my job. All of these events at the same time. I went to CCC for advice and they helped me gather all my expense information and income information. Then they took a day to check it out. I was called back into the office and was told that this is impossible. You are spending more than you are making. (We always ended the month with about $20-$50 left in the bank. CCC had all the information. I told them this is the way it is, and I had no idea that we were spending more than we were making. It ended up being true, and once again God blessed us. We did file bankruptcy, and my demotion caused me to make more than I was already making. My family moved to her parents house for a few months, and I stayed in an small apartment. We finally got a place, and have been debt free ever since. We had paid our credit card companies about five times for everything that we had charged. True story.

There are stories like this all through my life. God is indeed awesome.

Sure. However these are not up for debate. When I say God worked in these situations, that is the final answer, period.

Well gosh, if you say so that sure settles it.

Once I was driving from Alabama to Texas, on a cold winter evening. The heater was on, and for some reason just quit heating. We kept driving, I thought it might just be a fuse. We got pretty cold, but after a couple of hours we made it to a place where we could check it out. It was now late. I took it to a mechanic, and he told me that there is no water in the radiator, and it has been dry for a long time. He said it was impossible for you to have been driving for the past two or three hours like that. Well, we did, and that it the way it happened. God kept the car going (we had the kids in the car with us). We were able to fix the problem and go on our way. There was no damage to the car at all. We got home safe and I have been able to tell of this event many times. God has been very good to our family.

I'll do one more. In 1999 we were unable to meet our bills. The landlord was selling the house, and I had gotten a demotion on my job. All of these events at the same time. I went to CCC for advice and they helped me gather all my expense information and income information. Then they took a day to check it out. I was called back into the office and was told that this is impossible. You are spending more than you are making. (We always ended the month with about $20-$50 left in the bank. CCC had all the information. I told them this is the way it is, and I had no idea that we were spending more than we were making. It ended up being true, and once again God blessed us. We did file bankruptcy, and my demotion caused me to make more than I was already making. My family moved to her parents house for a few months, and I stayed in an small apartment. We finally got a place, and have been debt free ever since. We had paid our credit card companies about five times for everything that we had charged. True story.

[/SIZE]

Yeah, that's pretty much the kind of thing I'd figured you would say.

You know, just once, among all the millions of people who say God does stuff for them, you'd think you'd run across someone with a story that actually involved something they could point to that would be even marginally convincing that some kind of supernatural intervention occurred instead of them just saying "something good happened to me... therefore God. Yay God!"

As to the specifics of your story... your inability to keep accurate financial records and a mechanic who can apparently either magically determine how long a radiator has been dry
or who was a part time forensic scientist with a lab full of equipment don't strike me as two of the most reliable indicators that the all powerful creator of the universe took a personal interest in you not having your car break down or miss a bill payment. How conceited do you have to be to think the ultimate power in the universe is directly and personally magically intervening in the world to spare you trivial inconveniences in your day to day life? Like that's WAY higher on his priority list than, say, various genocides that have been going on over the last few decades in a few different places?

Wait, let me guess, God works in mysterious ways so we shouldn't even question that keeping your car running was more important to him that doing anything about that other stuff?

Anne Marie
Sidney, actually I have; I suspect that most people who drive very much on our interstate highways have too.

But since you’ve given me the chance I’ll relate mine. While several things had gone wrong, they quickly turned around and about everything went right.

One winter day, just after a snowfall which the night before had covered everything in white, I was driving on a county road heading toward my construction site at the time. The roads were slippery and the county highway department hadn’t made it to the road I was on as yet. I had no really good reason to be in a hurry, so I was driving perhaps 35 mph when I passed from behind an airplane hanger which had blocked my view towards my right for a long distance.

As I passed the hanger there was a single house close to a railroad track with a barn outbuilding near and sitting parallel to the track about a hundred feet from the Co. road. A mailbox belonging to the house was next to the road on my right, and just beyond the mailbox there was nothing else for about 30 feet and then the RR tracks which were crossing at an angle of more than 90 degrees.

At that instant from behind the barn came a railroad locomotive going at about the same speed I was, at least 35 miles per hour.

It was instantly clear that our paths would cross at more or less the same moment, and I was too close to the tracks to stop, even if there had been no snow on the ground.

Seeing my only choice, I took it, making a gradual right turn which knocked the mailbox off its post, and then made a slow gradual right hand turn that had to be just right for my car to not go into a skid, If I had, I would have slid straight into the path of the train, or into the side of it under its wheels, which by then roared as loudly as a the proverbial tornado. The Engineer and conductor were standing in the door of the locomotive watching my fate unfold.

Somehow my tires gripped through the snow onto a layer of cinders which the owners of the property were “paving” their driveway with. I was able to execute a perfect turn that carried me parallel and no more than 10 feet from the tracks on my driver’s side. Even after making the turn, my speed carried me another fifty feet before I could come to a stop without skidding, while the train continued to roar past me now no more than 8 or ten feet away.

I got out of my car, put on my carpenter’s tool belt and picked up the mailbox, and I was able to re-attach it to the post with minimal damage. The owners of the house came out to congratulate me on my good luck, and thank me for putting back their mailbox.

So who do I turn to? I turn to myself, but I have no problem whatsoever with those who turn to prayer or to their god. When I told my brother about my near miss he said the “good lord was looking out for you,” which got no comment from me.

Last edited:

Well gosh, if you say so that sure settles it.

[/SIZE]

Yeah, that's pretty much the kind of thing I'd figured you would say.

You know, just once, among all the millions of people who say God does stuff for them, you'd think you'd run across someone with a story that actually involved something they could point to that would be even marginally convincing that some kind of supernatural intervention occurred instead of them just saying "something good happened to me... therefore God. Yay God!"

As to the specifics of your story... your inability to keep accurate financial records and a mechanic who can apparently either magically determine how long a radiator has been dry
or who was a part time forensic scientist with a lab full of equipment don't strike me as two of the most reliable indicators that the all powerful creator of the universe took a personal interest in you not having your car break down or miss a bill payment. How conceited do you have to be to think the ultimate power in the universe is directly and personally magically intervening in the world to spare you trivial inconveniences in your day to day life? Like that's WAY higher on his priority list than, say, various genocides that have been going on over the last few decades in a few different places?

Wait, let me guess, God works in mysterious ways so we shouldn't even question that keeping your car running was more important to him that doing anything about that other stuff?

I hate to inform you, but it is not only not the Christian's job to convince you of who God is, or that He is real, but it is only the task of the Holy Spirit. If you have not been convinced, it is because you have chosen not to be. The Holy Spirit is the only one who will convince a person.

It doesn't matter what you figured anyone will say, the fact is that what I have said is the truth, and your opinion doesn't change that. You clearly would not be convinced if proof was put on yopur lap. There are hundreds of cases of healings that have taken place, Doctors have documented, and they cannot explain it except in terms of, "God did it." We are talking about professionals in their field who cannot explain that which they are involved with on a daily basis. It is actually between you and God. I need not justify anything I say for you or anyone else.

Well, because I was as confused as CCC was about my finances, we double checked it, and my records were accurate. But you don't believe that. Your loss. The mechanic obviously knows more than you do about such things. DUH!

Well, there you have it, now, go away. I have no dealings with your ignorance, and desire to stay that way. You and God will have to hash it all out personally. You can count on that happening, for "every knee shall bow." Yours will too. Better talk to Him before it is too late. I am very serious. But, no need talking to me since you think you know it all anyway.

[/SIZE]

So basically, your god got you demoted, made you file for bankrupcy, and didn't give you enough brains in the first place to be able to upkeep your car's basic needs?
Just please don't tell your god about me, with friends like that... :lol:

Anne Marie

Yes, I drowned in 1958.

Who did I turn to?

I was too busy trying not to drown to turn to anybody.

I did, however, go to heaven.. or someplace that I have to admit looked more like a shabby bus station than heaven.

Then I got sent back.

:lol:

Thanks for once again showing you people are vermin
Thank you for showing that with that spirit of hate that has hold of you, you are absolute blind and hate all that put their trust in God.

Forum List

Back