When All Things Go Wrong, Who Do You Turn To??

Discussion in 'Religion and Ethics' started by sidneyworld, Sep 18, 2009.

1. sidneyworld

sidneyworld Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29
    Have you ever had a near death experience?

Anne Marie

2. AllieBaba

AllieBaba BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,650
    Yes?

3. gcomeau

gcomeau Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Does this have a point of some kind?

Let me take a wild guess here... "Sometimes life sucks. Also dying is scary. Wouldn't it be nice if there was a super powerful being who could magically make it all better? Therefore god exists."

Is it supposed to go something like that?

4. Smartt33

Smartt33 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +147
    Maybe the intent was just to talk about what others do when things fall apart. Some seek God, some don't. It is interesting to know how people cope.
    This is the thread on religion, so what is your beef if someone wants to talk about God, His existance, or His work in the lives of people. If you don't like that, fo to another topic.

By the way, god is awesome, and He has brought me through some amazing things. Each time I was blessed far more than I was injured.

5. JBeukema

JBeukema BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,705
    You'll have to do better than that

6. JBeukema

JBeukema BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,705
    and if you didn't see anything, that's 'the outer darkness'

:lol:

7. JBeukema

JBeukema BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,705
    Nope. The Title, perhaps, but not the op. The OP is about NDEs

8. gcomeau

gcomeau Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23
    I have no beef at all if people want to talk about it. It's why I'm here. And amazingly enough, it's what I was doing with all those words I just typed and that I am even now typing more of.

Speaking of talking about it, care to elaborate on any specifics of exactly how "god brought you through" anything in particular?

9. RodISHI

RodISHI Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,047
    Yep, fell through the emergency room door at the hospital when I was 23. Had chicken pox. The pox had gone into my lungs and intestines. When I awoke they told me they did a blood check. Then they told me I did not have enough oxygen in my blood to support life. The old doctor their would take me into a room each day and show me the x-rays of my lungs. He described what the x-rays should look like, a nice soft gray color, mine were solid dark dark gray. Each day for more than a week a few lighter gray spots would be on the x-ray films as the pox inside my lungs went away.

Another doctor three four days before I had fell through the emergency room doors had sent me home to die, called my mom to come get the children since of course I was at deaths door and could not properly watch them. He made that decision to send me home to die after I told him I did not have any insurance. Even though the local hospital was built with federal money and would have cared for me insurance, money or no money.

I asked God at one point during all the puking (the pox were in my stomach too) and fever and crawling to the bathroom, "Can't we just get this all over with, we both know I am worthless?"

A couple very good friends came to see me that day. They were leaving the state for a few days and stopped in to check on me. Bill told me "baby you are dying". Evelyn told me "you can't just give up." I was so tired of a life of abuse plus I had been told I was worthless for years and was so sick I did not care at that point. They threaten to call an ambulance if I was not at a doctors or in the hospital when they would return to check on me at 4:00 pm before they left town. I decided that was all I needed was another bill I could not pay. After they left I fell back asleep. I awoke to recalling a dream/vision. The vision was God's way of letting me know if I gave up where I would spend the rest of the days until judgment day. I was shown the sea of darkness. It was a place where there are no feelings, nothing good nothing bad, just emptiness, a nothingness, no emotions at all. More to it than that but that was the part that got to me. I told Him okay I got it, no I don't wanna go there.

I crawled down the stairs to the car. I could not recall starting the car. I could recall parking in the parking lot at the hospital but could not recall the whole drive there. I had been running a fever of a 102 to 106 for at least a week.

10. JBeukema

JBeukema BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,705
    So... the proof of god is Aegri Somnia?