When All Things Go Wrong, Who Do You Turn To??

[/SIZE][/quote]

So basically, your god got you demoted, made you file for bankrupcy, and didn't give you enough brains in the first place to be able to upkeep your car's basic needs?
Just please don't tell your god about me, with friends like that... :lol:[/QUOTE]

God has a way of causing "all things to work together for good to those who love God and are the called accorsing to HIs purposes." So, How saw the end result, and we did not. However.

I would like to point out your errors. God did not get me demoted, that was done by racists who were offended that I could not speak Spanish, and I made them speak English in my meetings. God did not make me file bankruptcy, He gave me that opportunity. When the water leaked out of my car, I was not aware of it because God was keeping it cool long enough to make it to get help. So, see, you really don't know what you are talking about. You have to know to even come close to understanding.

When all things go wrong, I blame myself. God is a jillion billion miles away. I am listening to Niaz, playing Beni Beni. To me, TO me. So, were is God? God seems so far away.

I hate to inform you, but it is not only not the Christian's job to convince you of who God is, or that He is real, but it is only the task of the Holy Spirit. If you have not been convinced, it is because you have chosen not to be. The Holy Spirit is the only one who will convince a person.

That's another not exactly unexpected response. Realize you can't back up your story... declare it "isn't your job" to support your position. As if anyone here was claiming they were your employer or something...

It doesn't matter what you figured anyone will say, the fact is that what I have said is the truth, and your opinion doesn't change that. You clearly would not be convinced if proof was put on yopur lap. There are hundreds of cases of healings that have taken place, Doctors have documented, and they cannot explain it except in terms of, "God did it."

Want to know what all those cases have in common?

They're always "some cancer went into remission". Or "the pain went away".

Know what they never are?

"The limb re-grew..."

Want to take a wild guess why?

Well, because I was as confused as CCC was about my finances, we double checked it, and my records were accurate. But you don't believe that. Your loss.

Yes... my loss. Of, well, something I'm sure. Because it certainly is irrational of me not to believe that you had independent parties verify that you were regularly withdrawing more money from your bank account than you had ever placed into it. I mean why would I doubt such a thing? Besides, you know, the fact that the bank would have had you in court by now if that had actually happened. Or did you think bankers couldn't count and wouldn't notice something like that happening? They tend to object to people doing what you just described... see, you might like to call it "miracle". They'd call it "theft". If it had happened, instead of you just being bad at record keeping.

The mechanic obviously knows more than you do about such things. DUH!

Yes. The mechanic is able to look at a dry radiator and instantly be able to tell you it's been driven around on dry for hours based on their extensive experience seeing radiators that had been driven around on dry for hours. Right?

Oh wait, didn't you also tell me the mechanic said it was impossible to do that? Meaning he'd never seen it ever? So, how exactly were you under the impression he determined that this had happened? What method do you suppose he used?

And I see from your latest missive that you are under the impression that you got demoted by racists for not speaking Spanish... I'm getting a stronger and stronger impression that you live in a fascinating little world all your own don't you?

But... how do you know God didn't get you demoted because if he hadn't the stress of your old position was going to give you a stroke and he wanted to save your life? I mean come on man... think about it. God won't let your car break down but he lets you get victimized by racists? That's just crazy talk that is. It pretty much has to be the stroke thing. Only rational explanation. Yep.

(Also, the next time you trip and fall, that's God saving you from a sniper. You might not see him, but oh yeah, he took the shot. Just believe it. You know, faith.)

When you want to see a miracle, you will see it even when you lose a finger. When you refuse to see a miracle, you will never understand your own soul.

kk, how many fingers you got left? :lol:

When things go wrong, the ONLY person any intelligent peep would turn to would be their lawyer. If it's not bad enough to need a lawyer, then just SUCK IT UP!

I hate to inform you, but it is not only not the Christian's job to convince you of who God is, or that He is real, but it is only the task of the Holy Spirit. If you have not been convinced, it is because you have chosen not to be. The Holy Spirit is the only one who will convince a person.

That's another not exactly unexpected response. Realize you can't back up your story... declare it "isn't your job" to support your position. As if anyone here was claiming they were your employer or something...

The OP asked for times when things went wrong wrong, where do we turn. I responded. You asked for stories of my experience, I gave them. I don't have to back up anything I say. I am just telling it like it is. Take it or leave it. God is everything that I have said, and He is the one you need to go to if you have a problem with that.

It doesn't matter what you figured anyone will say, the fact is that what I have said is the truth, and your opinion doesn't change that. You clearly would not be convinced if proof was put on yopur lap. There are hundreds of cases of healings that have taken place, Doctors have documented, and they cannot explain it except in terms of, "God did it."

Want to know what all those cases have in common?

They're always "some cancer went into remission". Or "the pain went away".

Know what they never are?

"The limb re-grew..."

Want to take a wild guess why?

So, you yhink that these things are all just consiquences, and happened naturally, or with medical help. Cool. You can believe that. I have deen it and I know some of the people. I am convinced that God entered the scene and did a miracle. You believe whatever you want to. I will not call you a liar, like you are calling me. You are just not a believer.

Well, because I was as confused as CCC was about my finances, we double checked it, and my records were accurate. But you don't believe that. Your loss.

Yes... my loss. Of, well, something I'm sure. Because it certainly is irrational of me not to believe that you had independent parties verify that you were regularly withdrawing more money from your bank account than you had ever placed into it. I mean why would I doubt such a thing? Besides, you know, the fact that the bank would have had you in court by now if that had actually happened. Or did you think bankers couldn't count and wouldn't notice something like that happening? They tend to object to people doing what you just described... see, you might like to call it "miracle". They'd call it "theft". If it had happened, instead of you just being bad at record keeping.

I never overdrew. I have never been late on any of my bills, and never bounced a check. As a matter of fact, our bank account was not where the extra money entered. We don't know where it entered. But you would not understand where it might have happened.

The mechanic obviously knows more than you do about such things. DUH!

Yes. The mechanic is able to look at a dry radiator and instantly be able to tell you it's been driven around on dry for hours based on their extensive experience seeing radiators that had been driven around on dry for hours. Right?

Oh wait, didn't you also tell me the mechanic said it was impossible to do that? Meaning he'd never seen it ever? So, how exactly were you under the impression he determined that this had happened? What method do you suppose he used?

And I see from your latest missive that you are under the impression that you got demoted by racists for not speaking Spanish... I'm getting a stronger and stronger impression that you live in a fascinating little world all your own don't you?

But... how do you know God didn't get you demoted because if he hadn't the stress of your old position was going to give you a stroke and he wanted to save your life? I mean come on man... think about it. God won't let your car break down but he lets you get victimized by racists? That's just crazy talk that is. It pretty much has to be the stroke thing. Only rational explanation. Yep.

You see, the position I had was very stressful. I was supervising people who had rather substandard work ethics. The job I was demoted to was my former one, and was way less stressful, and I even ended up getting more pay than I did as a Supervisor. He knew that. His plan is better.

(Also, the next time you trip and fall, that's God saving you from a sniper. You might not see him, but oh yeah, he took the shot. Just believe it. You know, faith.)

I have many stories where God did indeed enter a situation, but never preventing me from getting a sniper's bullet. I have a wonderful relationship with God, and you don't. There is the place where we are different. You cannot understand.

Forum List

Back