Zone1 When Adam blamed Eve and Eve blamed the serpent (Satan)... interesting how God dealt with that

Today, some psychologists would say, when someone blames his spouse, "You have to take responsibility for what you did!"

And they could be right, depending on the details of the situation.

But when Adam blamed Eve, God turned to Eve and questioned her. He didn't say to Adam, "You can't blame someone else. You didn't have to listen to her!"

Then He did the same when Eve blamed the serpent or Satan.

And he punished the serpent, saying he would crawl on his belly all the days of his life and etc.... promised that a woman would get him eventually LOL... (a reference to Mary, I believe)

Some say this story didn't actually happen. I can't say I'm an expert but I heard that Moses wrote Genesis and (I believe) the first 5 books of the Old T...

And Moses was one reliable person.

One of my parents blames me for everything that is wrong in my life and a few things that are not (in other words, this parent finds fault even with what is right.... long story)
All I get from the story is that snakes used to walk.

All I get from the story is that snakes used to walk.
As mentioned earlier, the "snake" was "serpent" or even a dragon. The account in Genesis contains elements of fable and Just-so forms of literature. Fables use known traits in animals in their characters. Just-so stories offer explanations about why skunks wear a stripe down their back or why snakes have no legs. Note that both forms of literature convey a lesson or truth. Who or whatever it was that approached Eve was cunning, sly, and poisonous--i.e., snake-like.

As mentioned earlier, the "snake" was "serpent" or even a dragon. The account in Genesis contains elements of fable and Just-so forms of literature. Fables use known traits in animals in their characters. Just-so stories offer explanations about why skunks wear a stripe down their back or why snakes have no legs. Note that both forms of literature convey a lesson or truth. Who or whatever it was that approached Eve was cunning, sly, and poisonous--i.e., snake-like.
Not all snakes are venomous

Or ancient wisdom worth the time to decipher. I think one of those wisdoms was that a close relationship with God leads to happiness and happiness leads to success. At the end of the day the only way one will ever know the difference is to test the difference.

To me it reads like a reworked rip off from Greek Mythology, the story of Pandora's box
I don't believe the point of Pandor's box and the knowledge of good and evil are the same point.

The 1st 11 chapters of Genesis are allegorical accounts of history, wisdom and knowledge that were passed down orally for thousands of years before being recorded in writing. They must have thought them important enough to pass down.

Or ancient wisdom worth the time to decipher. I think one of those wisdoms was that a close relationship with God leads to happiness and happiness leads to success. At the end of the day the only way one will ever know the difference is to test the difference.
Considering that Jesus gave us the location it is close at hand.

Considering that Jesus gave us the location it is close at hand.
Yes, the kingdom of heaven is now. It's not about what happens after dying. It's about how we live life. Ergo a close relationship with God leads to happiness now and happiness leads to success now.

Just like the story of Jesus, very Hellenistic

I don't believe the point of Pandor's box and the knowledge of good and evil are the same point.

The 1st 11 chapters of Genesis are allegorical accounts of history, wisdom and knowledge that were passed down orally for thousands of years before being recorded in writing. They must have thought them important enough to pass down.
Pandora opened the box or more literally a can of worms and all kinds of undesirable things happened. Adam and Eve ate the apple and all kinds of bad stuff happened.

Pandora opened the box or more literally a can of worms and all kinds of undesirable things happened. Adam and Eve ate the apple and all kinds of bad stuff happened.
The point of Pandora's box is about unintended consequences. The point of the "fall of man" has many layers to it, one of which is you can choose to worship the creator or you can choose to worship the created. You are free to worship fame, fortune, power or pleasure but none of that will lead to happiness because we were made for more. But if I had to pick the main lesson from it I would have to say man's biggest failure is failing to take accountability. There are so many layers of wisdom to that account it's not even funny. I don't see it as a rip off of Pandora's box in any way. But if that's how you want to see it, good for you, but I think you are shortchanging yourself if you do.

Today, some psychologists would say, when someone blames his spouse, "You have to take responsibility for what you did!"

But when Adam blamed Eve, God turned to Eve and questioned her. He didn't say to Adam, "You can't blame someone else. You didn't have to listen to her!"

And he punished the serpent, saying he would crawl on his belly all the days of his life and etc.... promised that a woman would get him eventually LOL... (a reference to Mary, I believe)

Some say this story didn't actually happen. I can't say I'm an expert but I heard that Moses wrote Genesis and (I believe) the first 5 books of the Old T...

One of my parents blames me for everything that is wrong in my life and a few things that are not (in other words, this parent finds fault even with what is right.... long story)
Wrong. Nobody blamed anyone except for you.

Live strong, millennial man-bun whiny bitchboy.

ReinyDays said:
"And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel." -- Genesis 3:15 ...

Seems to me God is saying he will use it all to bring about good from bad. Order from chaos

That is the first prophesy in the Bible. The woman's name will be Mary, her seed, Jesus. A blow to the Christ's heel (death on a cross) isn't lethal. Jesus defeated death. The blow to Satan's head will devastate Satan. He won't recover.

Last edited:
The point of Pandora's box is about unintended consequences. The point of the "fall of man" has many layers to it, one of which is you can choose to worship the creator or you can choose to worship the created. You are free to worship fame, fortune, power or pleasure but none of that will lead to happiness because we were made for more. But if I had to pick the main lesson from it I would have to say man's biggest failure is failing to take accountability. There are so many layers of wisdom to that account it's not even funny. I don't see it as a rip off of Pandora's box in any way. But if that's how you want to see it, good for you, but I think you are shortchanging yourself if you do.
Failure to take accountability. Wow. Really rich coming from folks who can clear their conscience of any immoral act by simply asking their imaginary friend for forgiveness.

Failure to take accountability.
It a human nature thing.

Wow. Really rich coming from folks who can clear their conscience of any immoral act by simply asking their imaginary friend for forgiveness.
It's a little more complicated than that.

You do realize that forgiveness is a practical thing, right? I mean you just can't kill everyone who messes up, right? Or can you?

You misread that in the same way you ascribe to God
4 points to correct you
1)NOBODY there is said to be writing this down, So it MUST be the received view of Judaism, which actually DOES blame Adam more than Eve
2) And God didn't say 'You CAN blame someone else" You are putting your view in God's mouth
3) Adam was created first so of course he would be first addressed no matter what. As for the snake,that is proof that God knew all along and was questioning so as to solicit reprentance FIRST if possible.
4) that was all written for our sakes,right,so what do we get out of that. I think it is obviously :Don't hide, admit your fault, run to God and not from God

The most notable fact is that the story and the book DO NOT end there, so God has a plan that NONE of the others see.THey think it is all quid pro quo but God intends to bless if we only let Him

It a human nature thing.

It's a little more complicated than that.

You do realize that forgiveness is a practical thing, right? I mean you just can't kill everyone who messes up, right? Or can you?
No it ain't more complicated than that. It's Christianity in a nutshell

Forum List

Back