What's your favorite TV series, current and / or past.

Loved Stargate too, the concept of the star gate itself, which opens up a realm of possibilities to script writers, Amanda Tapping, just for her beauty, Jack O'Neill for his dry humor and many others for their less tangible qualities. Grew tired of Jaffas after several seasons for their stupid ubiquitous BLM like freedom fight bull, thank God though they did without lgbt shit.
The ancients had a keen interest in astrology and astronomy, I'm sure they didn't know where one ended and the other begin maybe they even thought they were the same thing. What do we really know ? Half of what we thought we knew has gone through by the wayside. Give it some more timing who knows what that truth will be.

My favorite old series was Gunmoke.

The show dealt with a lot of hairy problems along the way, including interpersonal relationships, racism, responsibility and cowardice, etc.

Kitty (Amanda Blake) was perfect for those beautiful fancy outfits. Doc and Quint were good characters, too.

But, I think the show quickly began to go to Hell with the introduction of the Festus Hagan character. He was just over the top. Ridiculous use of English, exaggerated and stupid mannerisms. Constant noise of his stirrups every time he moved. Everything about Festus was irritating.

Last edited:

The show dealt with a lot of hairy problems along the way, including interpersonal relationships, racism, responsibility and cowardice, etc.

Kitty (Amanda Blake) was perfect for those beautiful fancy outfits. Doc and Quint were good characters, too.

But, I think the show quickly began to go to Hell with the introduction of the Festus Hagan character. He was just over the top. Ridiculous use of English, exaggerated and stupid mannerisms. Constant noise of his stirrups every time he moved. Everything about Festus was irritating.
DVD are coming way down. I saw the complete series of Gunsmoke on sale for about 80 bucks at Walmart. I love watching DVD series, no commercials, you can watch every episode in order of which they came out and you can watch as much as you want at any time you want. And you can do it over and over to your heart's content whenever you desire to.

Festus was a real hoot ! I live here in Nebraska, I actually met a character like him out in the Sandhills. He was dumber than a box of horseshoes, but a real great guy.

I too loved Gumsmoke .Have Gun Will Travel, and Wanted Dead or Alive. Many a night I sat on our back porch watching Gumshoe with my grandad,

Gunsmoke was the first Western drama to appeal to a more adult audience. There was plenty of action, but there was also introspection. Arness's character, Marshal Dillon had to think his way out of problems as much as shoot his way out. The get together of Matt, Doc, Chester, and Miss Kitty at the Long Branch was like a family gathering in which audiences learned about these characters.

After four or five season, the series went to a 1 hour format. This is when the stories really got interesting, with very original stories written by some the best in the business. Gunsmoke was known for his guess stars which including the young and upcoming actors as well as the told timers. The series lasted 20 years

Complete List of Guest Stars​

John Abbott Stanley Adams Claude Akins Marc Alaimo Jack Albertson Mabel Albertson Mario Alcalde Norman Alden Fred Aldrich James Anderson John Anderson Richard Anderson Keith Andes Edward Andrews Michael Ansara Lou Antonio R. G. Armstrong\ Todd Armstrong Jean Arthur Ed Asner John Astin Malcolm Atterbury Barry Atwater Lew Ayres Jim Backus Raymond Bailey Joe Don Baker Ed Bakey Rayford Barnes Baynes Barron Norman Bartold Harry Basch Richard Basehart Ned Beatty Jim Beaver John Beck Noah Beery Jr Ed Begley Ralph Bellamy Alma Beltran Susanne Benton Warren Berlinger James BestRamon Bieri Theodore BikelBillie Bird Dan Blocker Lloyd Bochner Sorrell Booke Nesdon Booth Bruce Boxleitner William Boyett Ray Boyle Stewart Bradley Scott Brady Eric Braeden Chet Brandenburg Hank Brandt Peter Breck David Brian Beau Bridges Morgan Brittany Charles Bronson Joe Brooks Joshua Bryant Edgar Buchanan Joyce Bulifant Brooke Bundy Michael Burns Ellen Burstyn (aka Ellen McRae) Norman Burton Robert Burton Gary Busey Billy Green Bush Archie Butler Sebastian Cabot Frank Cady Howard Caine Joseph Campanella William Campbell J. D. Cannon Harry Carey Jr. Paul Carr David Carradine John Carradine Conlan Carter John Carter Anthony Caruso Albert Cavens Spencer Chan Virginia Christine Lee J. Cobb Fred Coby John Colicos Míriam Colón Christopher Connelly
Chuck Connors Mike Connors Tim Considine Elisha Cook Jr.Bill Coontz Charles Cooper Glenn Corbett Gretchen Corbett Jeff Corey Robert Cornthwaite Aneta Corsaut Dennis Cross Robert Culp James Daly Royal Dano Kim Darby Henry Darrow Bette Davis Jim Davis Richard Deacon Gloria DeHaven John Dehner Bruce Dern Joe De Santis William Devane Alan Dexter George DiCenzo Angie Dickinson Charles Dierkop Lawrence Dobkin James Doohan Burt Douglas Jerry Douglas Richard Dreyfuss Don Dubbins Andrew Duggan John Dullaghan Liam Dunn
Robert Easton Buddy Ebsen Barbara Eden Jack Elam Dana Elcar Robert Ellenstein Sam Elliott Jena Engstrom Bill Erwin Gene Evans Jason Evers Diana Ewing Frank "Fidi" Fayad Pamelyn Ferdin John Fiedler Paul Fix Jay C. Flippen Nina Foch Constance Ford Harrison Ford Michael Forest Steve Forrest Jodie Foster Robert Foulk Anne Francis Bert Freed Joan FreemanVictor French
Alan Fudge Beverly Garland Leif Garrett Will GeerMelissa Gilbert Gwynne Gilford Sam Gilman Ray Girardin Ned Glass Mark Goddard Thomas Gomez Harold Gould Dabbs Greer Julie Gregg James Gregory James Griffith Sam Groom Raymond GuthHerman Hack Joan Hackett Kevin Hagen Sid Haig Alan Hale Jr. Murray Hamilton Chick Hannan Jerry Hardin Mariette Hartley Edmund Hashim Johnny Haymer Eileen Heckart Katherine Helmond Tom Hennesy Chuck Hicks Joe Higgins
Marianna Hill Robert Hogan Earl Holliman Rex Holman Dennis Hopper William Hopper Clint Howard Rance Howard Ron Howard Clyde Howdy Clegg Hoyt John Hoyt David Huddleston Marsha Hunt Kim Hunter Josephine Hutchinson Betty Hutton Craig Huxley Diana Hyland Steve Ihnat John Ireland Sherry Jackson Richard Jaeckel Anthony James Brion James Clifton James Salome Jens Roy Jenson James Jeter Ben Johnson Russell Johnson
I. Stanford Jolley Henry Jones L. Q. Jones Mickey JonesKatherine Justice Robert Karnes DeForest Kelley Jack Kelly Adam Kennedy George Kennedy Richard Kiley Wright King Jess Kirkpatrick Werner Klemperer Jack Klugman Ted Knight Yaphet Kotto Martin Kove Kay E. Kuter
Diane Ladd Ethan Laidlaw Jack Lambert Martin Landau Sue Ane Langdon Robert Lansing Peyton Langston John Larch John Lasell Louise Latham Cloris Leachman Michael Learned Anna Lee Lance LeGault Mark Lenard Kay Lenz Geoffrey Lewis George Lindsey Joanne Linville Jonathan Lippe June Lockhart Gary Lockwood Robert Loggia Jack Lord Jon Lormer Tom Lowell William Lucking Karl Lukas Keye Luke BarBara Luna Herbert Lytton Tom McFadden Darren McGavin Barton MacLane Howard McNear Gerald McRaney Arthur Malet Lee Majors Kenneth Mars Lynne Marta
Arlene Martel Ross Martin Strother Martin Charles Maxwell
Rose Marie Scott Marlowe Ken Mayer Mercedes McCambridgeGloria McGehee
John McLiam Joseph Mell Troy MeltonRobert Middleton Vera Miles Denny Miller Donna Mills Cameron Mitchell Ricardo Montalban Ron Moody Harry Morgan Read Morgan Diana Muldaur Richard Mulligan Burt Mustin Anna Navarro Gene Nelson Lois Nettleton Leslie Nielsen
Leonard Nimoy Jimmy Noel Jeanette Nolan Nick Nolte France Nuyen
J. Pat O'Malley Simon Oakland Warren Oates Richard O'Brien Carroll O'Connor Tim O'Connor
Arvo Ojala Ken Olandt Gerald S. O'Laughlin Susan Oliver James Olson John Orchard Gregg Palmer
Tex Palmer Woodrow Parfrey Michael Pate Hank Patterson John Payne Leo Penn Vic Perrin Nehemiah Persoff Brock Peters George O. Petrie Robert Phillips
Slim Pickens Robert Pine Ed Platt Suzanne Pleshette Joe Ploski Michael J. Pollard Judson Pratt Andrew Prine Denver Pyle John Quade Ford Rainey Chips Rafferty Dack Rambo Gilman Rankin Tom Reese Richard Reeves John ReillyCarl Reindel Stafford Repp Alejandro Rey Madlyn Rhue Paul Richards Peter Mark Richman Pernell Roberts Elizabeth Rogers Wayne Rogers Gilbert Roland Ruth Roman Andy RomanoKatharine RossAl Ruscio Bing Russell Kurt Russell Fran Ryan
Alfred Ryder Willard Sage Albert Salmi Steve Sandor
Dick Sargent John Saxon William Schallert John Schuck Alex Sharp Karen Sharpe
William Shatner Jacqueline Scott W. Morgan Sheppard Gregory Sierra Tom Simcox Joseph Sirola
Tom Skerritt Hal Smith Milan Smith William Smith Quentin Sondergaard David Soul Olan Soule
Aaron Spelling Harry Dean Stanton Craig Stevens Warren Stevens Charlotte Stewart (aka Charlotte Considine) Paul Stewart Guy Stockwell Leonard Stone Milburn Stone Don StroudLiam Sullivan Hope Summers Frank Sutton Karl Swenson Loretta Swit Gloria Talbott William Talman
Russ Tamblyn Vic Tayback Dub Taylor Guy Teague Roy Thinnes Brad Trumbull Forrest Tucker
Cicely Tyson Robert Urich Joan Van Ark Lee Van Cleef Joyce Van Patten Vince Van Patten
Robert Vaughn John Vernon Jan-Michael Vincent Jon Voight Jess Walton
Lesley Ann Warren Ruth Warrick David Wayne Fritz Weaver Richard Webb Judi West Stuart Whitman James Whitmore Johnny Whitaker Grace Lee Whitney Peter Whitney Collin Wilcox
Guinn Williams Noble Willingham Chill Wills William Windom Jason Wingreen Michael Witney
Morgan Woodward Meg Wyllie Dana Wynter Anthony Zerbe

Last edited:
If we leave out of consideration the newer series from places like HBO and other streaming service type programming, and instead focus on just the old antenna tv broadcast channels, I’d say I have a few:

The Rockford Files.

M*A*S*H.

Believe it or not, the old Cosby show.

St. Elsewhere.

Hill Street Blues.

Cheers.

Etc.

I binge-watched Breaking Bad. Older series: Star Trek, Have Gun Will Travel.

DVD are coming way down. I saw the complete series of Gunsmoke on sale for about 80 bucks at Walmart. I love watching DVD series, no commercials, you can watch every episode in order of which they came out and you can watch as much as you want at any time you want. And you can do it over and over to your heart's content whenever you desire to.
I get discounted books and DVDs for a place called Edward r Hamilton bookseller company. And they have some really good deals on DVDs. I don't know if you're into sci-fi but I just got season 1 of 12 monkeys on Blu-ray disc for $1. I ended up ordering 12 different DVDs and the total cost was $31.78
That's a lot cheaper than go to the movies
Enjoy. Doesn't cost anything to look. Also got Continuum season 1 on Blu-ray or $4.95 plus a bunch of other things that sounded interesting.

I get discounted books and DVDs for a place called Edward r Hamilton bookseller company. And they have some really good deals on DVDs. I don't know if you're into sci-fi but I just got season 1 of 12 monkeys on Blu-ray disc for $1. I ended up ordering 12 different DVDs and the total cost was $31.78
That's a lot cheaper than go to the movies
Enjoy. Doesn't cost anything to look. Also got Continuum season 1 on Blu-ray or $4.95 plus a bunch of other things that sounded interesting.
Thanks for this post about Hamilton Books!

Years ago I used to buy a lot of books from them. But I've moved around a lot, and over time forgot all about them.

Hamilton Books is a great resource.

Kolchak ( The Night Stalker ) “ , “ Lost “ , “ Carnivale “ , “The Sopranos” , “ Black Sails” “ The Prisoner”
“ Combat “ “ Lucifer”

The ancients had a keen interest in astrology and astronomy, I'm sure they didn't know where one ended and the other begin maybe they even thought they were the same thing. What do we really know ? Half of what we thought we knew has gone through by the wayside. Give it some more timing who knows what that truth will be.
I thought ancients were smart. They built star gates, after all. Can smart people and astrology live in the same universe?

I too loved Gumsmoke .Have Gun Will Travel, and Wanted Dead or Alive. Many a night I sat on our back porch watching Gumshoe with my grandad,

Gunsmoke was the first Western drama to appeal to a more adult audience. There was plenty of action, but there was also introspection. Arness's character, Marshal Dillon had to think his way out of problems as much as shoot his way out. The get together of Matt, Doc, Chester, and Miss Kitty at the Long Branch was like a family gathering in which audiences learned about these characters.

After four or five season, the series went to a 1 hour format. This is when the stories really got interesting, with very original stories written by some the best in the business. Gunsmoke was known for his guess stars which including the young and upcoming actors as well as the told timers. The series lasted 20 years

Complete List of Guest Stars​

John Abbott Stanley Adams Claude Akins Marc Alaimo Jack Albertson Mabel Albertson Mario Alcalde Norman Alden Fred Aldrich James Anderson John Anderson Richard Anderson Keith Andes Edward Andrews Michael Ansara Lou Antonio R. G. Armstrong\ Todd Armstrong Jean Arthur Ed Asner John Astin Malcolm Atterbury Barry Atwater Lew Ayres Jim Backus Raymond Bailey Joe Don Baker Ed Bakey Rayford Barnes Baynes Barron Norman Bartold Harry Basch Richard Basehart Ned Beatty Jim Beaver John Beck Noah Beery Jr Ed Begley Ralph Bellamy Alma Beltran Susanne Benton Warren Berlinger James BestRamon Bieri Theodore BikelBillie Bird Dan Blocker Lloyd Bochner Sorrell Booke Nesdon Booth Bruce Boxleitner William Boyett Ray Boyle Stewart Bradley Scott Brady Eric Braeden Chet Brandenburg Hank Brandt Peter Breck David Brian Beau Bridges Morgan Brittany Charles Bronson Joe Brooks Joshua Bryant Edgar Buchanan Joyce Bulifant Brooke Bundy Michael Burns Ellen Burstyn (aka Ellen McRae) Norman Burton Robert Burton Gary Busey Billy Green Bush Archie Butler Sebastian Cabot Frank Cady Howard Caine Joseph Campanella William Campbell J. D. Cannon Harry Carey Jr. Paul Carr David Carradine John Carradine Conlan Carter John Carter Anthony Caruso Albert Cavens Spencer Chan Virginia Christine Lee J. Cobb Fred Coby John Colicos Míriam Colón Christopher Connelly
Chuck Connors Mike Connors Tim Considine Elisha Cook Jr.Bill Coontz Charles Cooper Glenn Corbett Gretchen Corbett Jeff Corey Robert Cornthwaite Aneta Corsaut Dennis Cross Robert Culp James Daly Royal Dano Kim Darby Henry Darrow Bette Davis Jim Davis Richard Deacon Gloria DeHaven John Dehner Bruce Dern Joe De Santis William Devane Alan Dexter George DiCenzo Angie Dickinson Charles Dierkop Lawrence Dobkin James Doohan Burt Douglas Jerry Douglas Richard Dreyfuss Don Dubbins Andrew Duggan John Dullaghan Liam Dunn
Robert Easton Buddy Ebsen Barbara Eden Jack Elam Dana Elcar Robert Ellenstein Sam Elliott Jena Engstrom Bill Erwin Gene Evans Jason Evers Diana Ewing Frank "Fidi" Fayad Pamelyn Ferdin John Fiedler Paul Fix Jay C. Flippen Nina Foch Constance Ford Harrison Ford Michael Forest Steve Forrest Jodie Foster Robert Foulk Anne Francis Bert Freed Joan FreemanVictor French
Alan Fudge Beverly Garland Leif Garrett Will GeerMelissa Gilbert Gwynne Gilford Sam Gilman Ray Girardin Ned Glass Mark Goddard Thomas Gomez Harold Gould Dabbs Greer Julie Gregg James Gregory James Griffith Sam Groom Raymond GuthHerman Hack Joan Hackett Kevin Hagen Sid Haig Alan Hale Jr. Murray Hamilton Chick Hannan Jerry Hardin Mariette Hartley Edmund Hashim Johnny Haymer Eileen Heckart Katherine Helmond Tom Hennesy Chuck Hicks Joe Higgins
Marianna Hill Robert Hogan Earl Holliman Rex Holman Dennis Hopper William Hopper Clint Howard Rance Howard Ron Howard Clyde Howdy Clegg Hoyt John Hoyt David Huddleston Marsha Hunt Kim Hunter Josephine Hutchinson Betty Hutton Craig Huxley Diana Hyland Steve Ihnat John Ireland Sherry Jackson Richard Jaeckel Anthony James Brion James Clifton James Salome Jens Roy Jenson James Jeter Ben Johnson Russell Johnson
I. Stanford Jolley Henry Jones L. Q. Jones Mickey JonesKatherine Justice Robert Karnes DeForest Kelley Jack Kelly Adam Kennedy George Kennedy Richard Kiley Wright King Jess Kirkpatrick Werner Klemperer Jack Klugman Ted Knight Yaphet Kotto Martin Kove Kay E. Kuter
Diane Ladd Ethan Laidlaw Jack Lambert Martin Landau Sue Ane Langdon Robert Lansing Peyton Langston John Larch John Lasell Louise Latham Cloris Leachman Michael Learned Anna Lee Lance LeGault Mark Lenard Kay Lenz Geoffrey Lewis George Lindsey Joanne Linville Jonathan Lippe June Lockhart Gary Lockwood Robert Loggia Jack Lord Jon Lormer Tom Lowell William Lucking Karl Lukas Keye Luke BarBara Luna Herbert Lytton Tom McFadden Darren McGavin Barton MacLane Howard McNear Gerald McRaney Arthur Malet Lee Majors Kenneth Mars Lynne Marta
Arlene Martel Ross Martin Strother Martin Charles Maxwell
Rose Marie Scott Marlowe Ken Mayer Mercedes McCambridgeGloria McGehee
John McLiam Joseph Mell Troy MeltonRobert Middleton Vera Miles Denny Miller Donna Mills Cameron Mitchell Ricardo Montalban Ron Moody Harry Morgan Read Morgan Diana Muldaur Richard Mulligan Burt Mustin Anna Navarro Gene Nelson Lois Nettleton Leslie Nielsen
Leonard Nimoy Jimmy Noel Jeanette Nolan Nick Nolte France Nuyen
J. Pat O'Malley Simon Oakland Warren Oates Richard O'Brien Carroll O'Connor Tim O'Connor
Arvo Ojala Ken Olandt Gerald S. O'Laughlin Susan Oliver James Olson John Orchard Gregg Palmer
Tex Palmer Woodrow Parfrey Michael Pate Hank Patterson John Payne Leo Penn Vic Perrin Nehemiah Persoff Brock Peters George O. Petrie Robert Phillips
Slim Pickens Robert Pine Ed Platt Suzanne Pleshette Joe Ploski Michael J. Pollard Judson Pratt Andrew Prine Denver Pyle John Quade Ford Rainey Chips Rafferty Dack Rambo Gilman Rankin Tom Reese Richard Reeves John ReillyCarl Reindel Stafford Repp Alejandro Rey Madlyn Rhue Paul Richards Peter Mark Richman Pernell Roberts Elizabeth Rogers Wayne Rogers Gilbert Roland Ruth Roman Andy RomanoKatharine RossAl Ruscio Bing Russell Kurt Russell Fran Ryan
Alfred Ryder Willard Sage Albert Salmi Steve Sandor
Dick Sargent John Saxon William Schallert John Schuck Alex Sharp Karen Sharpe
William Shatner Jacqueline Scott W. Morgan Sheppard Gregory Sierra Tom Simcox Joseph Sirola
Tom Skerritt Hal Smith Milan Smith William Smith Quentin Sondergaard David Soul Olan Soule
Aaron Spelling Harry Dean Stanton Craig Stevens Warren Stevens Charlotte Stewart (aka Charlotte Considine) Paul Stewart Guy Stockwell Leonard Stone Milburn Stone Don StroudLiam Sullivan Hope Summers Frank Sutton Karl Swenson Loretta Swit Gloria Talbott William Talman
Russ Tamblyn Vic Tayback Dub Taylor Guy Teague Roy Thinnes Brad Trumbull Forrest Tucker
Cicely Tyson Robert Urich Joan Van Ark Lee Van Cleef Joyce Van Patten Vince Van Patten
Robert Vaughn John Vernon Jan-Michael Vincent Jon Voight Jess Walton
Lesley Ann Warren Ruth Warrick David Wayne Fritz Weaver Richard Webb Judi West Stuart Whitman James Whitmore Johnny Whitaker Grace Lee Whitney Peter Whitney Collin Wilcox
Guinn Williams Noble Willingham Chill Wills William Windom Jason Wingreen Michael Witney
Morgan Woodward Meg Wyllie Dana Wynter Anthony Zerbe
Until Steve Sanders of the Oak Ridge Boys is included on this list, incomplete is the only thing that it is. The Returning is the name of his episode, and his character makes a huge difference near the end of the episode.

God bless you always!!!

Holly (a girl who will forever love the late beautiful precious masterpiece of a gentleman)

P.S. There is a Steve Sandor included in the list you provided, but it is a different person.

I thought ancients were smart. They built star gates, after all. Can smart people and astrology live in the same universe?
They were very intelligent but their knowledge was limited because of the time they lived in. There's simply saw things differently than we do. Mankind always attaches meaning to whatever exists.

They were very intelligent but their knowledge was limited because of the time they lived in. There's simply saw things differently than we do. Mankind always attaches meaning to whatever exists.
So it's the real ancients that you're talking of? I thought you meant the Star Gate ones. :D

“Branded” “ My Mother The Car” “ High Chapperal “ “ F Troop” “ Wagon Train “ “ Highway Patrol “ “ Mr Lucky “ “ 77 Sunset Strip “

Until Steve Sanders of the Oak Ridge Boys is included on this list, incomplete is the only thing that it is. The Returning is the name of his episode, and his character makes a huge difference near the end of the episode.

God bless you always!!!

Holly (a girl who will forever love the late beautiful precious masterpiece of a gentleman)

P.S. There is a Steve Sandor included in the list you provided, but it is a different person.
There are several lists of guest starts on the internet but this looked the most complete. Some of them only listed well known stars such as Harrison Ford, William Shatner, Betty Davis, ect

Forum List

Back