What's your favorite TV series, current and / or past.

Okay...let's really go back. Who remembers George Reeves in

The Adventures of Superman

It ran from 1952 to 1958. As a kid, I LOVED that show.
Yes, definitely a role model. His son played Superman too before he became injured.

Faulty Towers.

795B3EDD-C842-4E66-ACED-6E81894291FC.gif

A lot of good shows mentioned so far.

Some of my favorites past and present:

Star Trek TOS

The Wire

The Twilight Zone

Breaking Bad (a great show about the devolution from a milquetoast good person to a real motherfucker bad guy, with each step along the way entirely logical)

Ozark (also about the devolution from good to bad)

Eureka (pure candy for the brain)

Monk (love, love, love this show!)

Psyche

Twin Peaks (the original)

The Rifleman (huge shock to find out in adulthood Chuck Conners was gay)

Lost in Space (the original)

Beretta

Miami Vice (a guilty pleasure)

Law & Order (every single episode for decades)

Law & Order: Criminal Intent (do not like any other Law & Order spinoffs)

So many more.
Did they find who killed that girl? Ten thousand episodes and, as far as I remember, all for nothing?

I agree with many of your picks but prefer Star Trek Second Generation to the original.
Like Riflemen but like Gumsmoke better.
Did you mean The Next Generation? I prefer that. Maybe because it was the first I happened to stumble upon.

Do you believe that Christopher Reeve was George Reeves' son?
I was a Superman junkie as a kid, and still have a huge collection of Superman DC comics dating back to the 1950's, and have seen every Superman movie that's available to watch multiple times.

George Reeves and Christopher Reeve were not related The two surnames are different.

Actually, Reeves wasn't even George's original surname.

He was born George Keefer Brewer.

Several series started out great but fizzled into something disappointing. Lost, Battlestar Galactica, Game of Thrones and Walking Dead are three that come to mind.

I really enjoyed Stargate. About half the episodes were really good.

Too bad Firefly was the victim of piss poor network management. It could have been one of the greatest series of all times.

The new Andor series is excellent. What Star Wars should have been all along.

Several series started out great but fizzled into something disappointing. Lost, Battlestar Galactica, Game of Thrones and Walking Dead are three that come to mind.

Too bad Firefly was the victim of piss poor network management. It could have been one of the greatest series of all times.

The new Andor series is excellent. What Star Wars should have been all along.
I think all of them are like this. You're binge watching through all the nine seasons in one week and boom, being had sadistically in the last episode. Lost and GoT are classics in this regard, bummers of biblical proportions.

Loved Stargate too, the concept of the star gate itself, which opens up a realm of possibilities to script writers, Amanda Tapping, just for her beauty, Jack O'Neill for his dry humor and many others for their less tangible qualities. Grew tired of Jaffas after several seasons for their stupid ubiquitous BLM like freedom fight bull, thank God though they did without lgbt shit.

Anyone watch House of Dragons, a pre-sequel to Game of Thrones on HBO. I watched the first 4 episodes and liked it. It's probably to wokey for conservatives but otherwise it looks like a winner

Forum List

Back