What's your favorite music style?

Ravi

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2008
Hating Hatters
According to this article, your music taste reflects your personality.

Indie fans sound like they should just give up all hope, lol. My favorite line in the article:
"The general public has held a stereotype of heavy metal fans being suicidally depressed and of being a danger to themselves and society in general. But they are quite delicate things."
:rofl:

For the record, my favorite style is Blues.

BBC NEWS | Scotland | Music tastes link to personality

I was going to post but I couldn't decide on my favorite genre.

I'm all these:

BLUES High self-esteem, creative, outgoing, gentle and at ease

JAZZ High self-esteem, creative, outgoing and at ease

CLASSICAL MUSIC High self-esteem, creative, introvert and at ease

INDIE Low self-esteem, creative, not hard working, not gentle

ROCK/HEAVY METAL Low self-esteem, creative, not hard-working, not outgoing, gentle, at ease

*That sounds about right........

Alternative Rock - Three Days Grace, Korn, Linkin Park, et al

I also like Pop...Pink, Kelly Clarkson, Christina Aguleria

and some country - LeAnn Rimes, Martina McBride, Sugarland

it really depends on my mood but what I listen to most is Alt Rock...

There's no alternative genre listed.

I thought that was the indie one.

"Alternative" is subjective.

Some think The Police, Red Hot Chili Peppers, U2 and REM, etc. are "alternative" (to me they are mainstream)

I say bands like X, Sugar, The Replacements, The Meat Puppets, Black Flag and such are "alternative." ( and I love them all)

But that's just MY take on it.

Last edited:
Trying to decide which music gere I like more is like asking a parent which child they love more, isn't it?

Depends on the situation.

Favorite rock - The Who, Bob Dylan, and all the other REALLY great artists that came from the 60's and 70's. Fleetwood Mac is an AWESOME band.

Alternative - The Clash, Big Audio (I and II), Aztec Camera (Good Morning Britain is one of my favorites), Sex Pistols, Refreshments (gotta listen to Banditos sometime, it reminds me of some people on this board "everybody knows, that the world is full of stupid people, so meet me in the mission at midnight, we'll divvy up there. Everybody knows, that the world is full of stupid people, well I've got the pistol, so I'll keep the pesos, yeah and that seems fair).

Classical - Gotta be in the mood, but all the greats like Tchakowski, Bach, Beethoven.

Country? Not really. However, there are some really good songs out there like If You're Going Through Hell.

I also like Chumbawumba quite well too. Matter of fact, when I was overseas, I got a copy of "Tubthumper" that you just simply cannot get here in the States. Some of the stuff that they wrote in the book included was WAY wild.

Electronica? Not so much.

Classic Rock

- Pink Floyd
- Led Zeppelin
- Who
- Black Sabbath
- Rush
- Beatles
- Eagles
- Grateful Dead
- Jefferson Airplane
- Doors
- AC/DC
- Moody Blues
- Fleetwood Mac
- Boston
- Aerosmith
- Santana
- Van Halen
- ZZ Top
- Queen
- CSNY
- Styx
- CCR
- Deep Purple
- Steve Miller Band
- Yes
- Doobie Brothers
- Police
- Lynard Skynard
- Grand Funk Railroad
- Jimi Hendrix
- Stevie Ray Vaughn

Metal

- Lamb of God
- Nevermore
- Chimaira
- Unearth
- Hatebreed
- Shadows Fall
- Testament
- Exodus
- Slipknot
- Arch Enemy
- Meshggah
- Pantera
- Slayer
- Death
- Napalm Death
- Cannibal Corpse
- Obituary
- Iced Earth
- OTEP
- Sepultura
- Machine Head
- Dimmu Borgir
- Annihilator
- Kreator
- Killswitch Engage
- Fear Factory

Alternative Rock - Three Days Grace, Korn, Linkin Park, et al

I also like Pop...Pink, Kelly Clarkson, Christina Aguleria

and some country - LeAnn Rimes, Martina McBride, Sugarland

it really depends on my mood but what I listen to most is Alt Rock...

Those bands are in no way whatsoever alternative. Alternative is bands such as Radiohead, Modest Mouse, Sonic Youth. Bands that don't sound so mainstream. All three of those bands are about as mainstream as you get.

Favorite Genre- Classic Rock, but I prefer blue's based classic rock- Zeppelin, Cream, Hendrix, 10 years after, and so on.

Overall, I enjoy all kinds of music, but I sorta dislike mainstream music such as rap, pop, country and crappy modern rock. There is some good modern mainstream music- The Killers, Brad Paisley, can't think of anymore off the top of my head.

Some good music you've probably never heard of - Death From Above 1979, The Mars Volta, My Morning Jacket, Tapes 'n Tapes, and Wolfmother check em out if you got time.

I wake up to Country, the modern sort of Country that is really 90's Pop. I drive to work listening to Classic Rock. When I get to work I fire up AOL Radio and listen to Bluegrass all day, every day. Actually, I miss my Bluegrass at night at home, with no way to get AOL Radio.

I don't have a favorite style, I go through moods/phases of listening to the same band or type of music a while and then switch to something else entirely.

Guns N Roses

Beatles

The Rolling Stones

Led Zeppelin

Black Sabbath

AC/DC

Mindless Self Indulgence

Jeffree Star

Swing Bands

Beethoven

Jay-Z

Tupac