What's your favorite music style?

My favorite genre is Bluegrass, as my father and his family were from the Ozarks and played the root music of that genre. I like almost every type of music, and play a five string and a guitar. I also enjoy folk music from differant cultures.

My favorite genre is Bluegrass, as my father and his family were from the Ozarks and played the root music of that genre. I like almost every type of music, and play a five string and a guitar. I also enjoy folk music from differant cultures.

Check out my friend, he is very talented and plays all styles of music:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKOvT55wB18]YouTube - Cold Frosty Morning[/ame]

This kind of research sounds like complete nonsense to me.

I'd REALLY love to see how this so called research was done.

How does one establish what kind of personality people who were tested have to begin with?

Who among us is not sometimes outgoing and at other times reclusive?

Who among us doesn't like multiple genres of music, too?

Most of this kind of pop-psychology has about as much validity as astrology does in my never humble opinion.

How does one establish what kind of personality people who were tested have to begin with?

Most of this kind of pop-psychology has about as much validity as astrology does in my never humble opinion.
An Indie fan, are you? :D

I consider myself eclectic in music taste. It runs the gamut. On my site I have everything from Santana to Dinah Washington to Dean Martin to Nirvana to some pretty interesting Indie artists and I like them all. I'm always looking for new songs and interesting artists because I like to stay open to new types of music. Got any ideas or choices, let me know. (Walkabout Jones). Right now, I'm working on a political story and I'm listening to the classic Abraham, Martin and John by Dion. Music to write by.

It is pretty lame, isn't it? = \

Really? I thought rap just meant you were a thug.

I was just passing along what it said. Not all rap is hardcore gangsta rap either, though I have no problem with that personally. If you don't mind looking into new things I'll recommend a few albums.

Cage - "Hell's Winter" (Though if you're not into hardcore rap stay away from the rest of his albums, this one is very tame though.)

Any album by Atmosphere is good, but I would personally recommend their newest album, "When Life Gives You Lemons... You Paint That Shit Gold."

Gatsby The Great has free songs on MySpace and SoundClick you can check out.

Murs is great as well. I'd recommend his album, "3:16 the 9th Edition" over any other. He's a great storyteller, and the epitome of what I'm saying about not all rappers being hardcore thugs. Here's some lyrics, "I'm anti-thug and anti-drug, brought peace to the party and got anti-love." He's definitely one of the realest emcees I've ever heard.

I've never been to Indianapolis, but I understand it's a very nice town.

Kirk Vonnegut was from there, wasn't he?

Can't be all bad.

It's a cool little town, I saw Kurt Vonnegut speak at a small venue here when I was in my 20's. That was great!

We don't have any mountains or oceans, just hills and lakes. That is a bummer though.

Nice little blues/jazz scene here too.

I'll listen to just about anything, but I prefer classic rock and 80's rock (even some country. ^_^)

My biggest obsession is Bon Jovi, though. Been a fan of them since I was 15 years old.

Classic Rock

- Pink Floyd
- Led Zeppelin
- Who
- Black Sabbath
- Rush
- Beatles
- Eagles
- Grateful Dead
- Jefferson Airplane
- Doors
- AC/DC
- Moody Blues
- Fleetwood Mac
- Boston
- Aerosmith
- Santana
- Van Halen
- ZZ Top
- Queen
- CSNY
- Styx
- CCR
- Deep Purple
- Steve Miller Band
- Yes
- Doobie Brothers
- Police
- Lynard Skynard
- Grand Funk Railroad
- Jimi Hendrix
- Stevie Ray Vaughn

Metal

- Lamb of God
- Nevermore
- Chimaira
- Unearth
- Hatebreed
- Shadows Fall
- Testament
- Exodus
- Slipknot
- Arch Enemy
- Meshggah
- Pantera
- Slayer
- Death
- Napalm Death
- Cannibal Corpse
- Obituary
- Iced Earth
- OTEP
- Sepultura
- Machine Head
- Dimmu Borgir
- Annihilator
- Kreator
- Killswitch Engage
- Fear Factory

No Stones?

My favorite song today:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-UORRmi1ZI]YouTube - True Blood - Official Opening Credits (High Quality)[/ame]

Forum List

Back