What´s your favorite classic car?

1992 Dodge Viper RT/10

dodge-viper-13.jpg

Last edited:
Grandfather owned one of these when I was knee high to a jackrabbit...

65-Rambler_American_440_DV-07-HPA-01.jpg

You could beat on it with a sledge, shoot it with a 06, throw it off of a cliff....Ramblers just lived forever.

Hi.

Everybody knows that the americans are the "Car nation". When i look at ebay how many survivors from all over the decades are still on the road, it takes me no wonder. Me personally love your cars very much, especially these american dreamcruisers from the 50ths to the mid 70ths. Currently it´s the Buick Riviera Boattail and I see at the prizes, that this funny monster becomes a classic of high value. What´s your american dreamcar?

I'd seldom go on a trip with acquaintances not in my family when I was a kid, but one of the few times I did, it was in a Duster. That led me to buy my '70 Duster 340 seven years ago. It had a high performance engine and low profile tires to allow it to go 140MPH. The Plymouth Duster was always my favorite. For over ten years, I also owned a '73 Plymouth Fury 425 that'd go 140. It's second in the running. My favorite though is the only car I have now, my '77 Olds Cutlass Salon Colonnade I bought in 1991.

Great thread, I can't wait for the first Monday in May when we start our weekly car shows again. For a village of 1200, we manage to get 200+ classic cars every week. It is an awesome show. I'll take some pics this summer.

Anyway the number one classic car as far as I am concerned has to be the 68 Boss

Boss302_Rohrbaugh.JPG

I went to only one car show with my Duster, which had won 1st place at Cherry's Jubilee in Monterey, CA, with an upholstery guy I bought it from. I didn't enter, but my friend from the shop was giving me a few pointers once in awhile. Like the man at Pure Water who died was always trying to get me to go to Hot August Nights, the shop guy was very helpful and coincidentally was at the car show I was at.

Last edited:
Well you may want to check your notes then, 1969 was the first year for the boss mustang.
And while were at it the 1970 GTO also had uncovered horizontal headlights.
ODDBALL where are you man????

Grandfather owned one of these when I was knee high to a jackrabbit...

65-Rambler_American_440_DV-07-HPA-01.jpg

You could beat on it with a sledge, shoot it with a 06, throw it off of a cliff....Ramblers just lived forever.

Unfortunately. I had one when I was a young married..it was classic then and I HATED the shit out of that thing.

Well you may want to check your notes then, 1969 was the first year for the boss mustang.
And while were at it the 1970 GTO also had uncovered horizontal headlights.
ODDBALL where are you man????

Yep! ...but the lamps weren't right next to each other...didn't look near as cool....and the thrill factor of the initial GTO body shape was gone for me by then. The '64 was the coolest ever made, '65 wasn't bad and seems more popular to the model makers...

I didn't do much customizing to mine...just painted the center horizontal chrome strip in each half of the grille flat black...and the chrome pieces around the headlights flat black (made the lamps look small)...moved the dim lamps to the inside positions...added a pair of rectangular Marchal driving lights in the grille cavities...put on polished chrome baby moon hub caps...removed the dealer's marking from the trunk.

..had a 3:08 rear end ratio...not as fast as a 4:11 on the drag, but I got 23mpg on long trips...and could go 140 mph easy...once drove a 450 mile trip through several towns and two cities without touching the brakes except for one time in having to line up with the gas pump.

I kick myself daily for not having kept the car.

Last edited:
I am amazed at finding these threads today! On cars! This is the first one I am reading but just look at all the cars here! Wow... This morning early I had prayed for a friend and asked the Lord to buy him a car because he did a great thing for the Lord and for me. I know he must be wondering what is she talking about? He never even mentioned wanting a car to my knowledge.... I just wanted to see him get a nice surprise!

I know the Lord is going to pick him out one and I'm sure it is going to be a fine piece of machinery! I don't think I have ever asked the Lord to do that for a person before - I remember asking once for my son to find one that worked but I don't think I asked God to give it to him. Maybe I did, perhaps yrs ago... but I don't recall it now..

All I know is that my God is answering my prayers even now! ALL OF THEM.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skeg3Y6sptg]The Flintstones cartoon - Fred Flintstone's car - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back