What's Wrong With Talking To North Korea?...

Think about which segment of society is beating the drums for war with N.K.. The left thrives on carnage and the threat of war. Every military adventure in the bloody 20th century happened during a democrat administration. Harry Truman lost as many Troops in three years in Korea as we lost in almost ten years in Vietnam. Lefties justified Bill Clinton's bombing of a defenseless country in Europe when he was caught with his pants down. Obama did nothing but cave into bribes with Iraq and left Troops to fend for themselves in Afghanistan with no leadership. The left would love a war with Korea for political reasons because they could blame it on a republican administration and damn the Country and the losses.

Can't hurt to talk.
You would think that we'd want to be communicating absolutely as openly as possible until the very last moment.

With millions and millions of lives on the line. No. Matter. What.

For some, evidently not.

Most Americans don't want that. It's the sad reality. They truly want more war. Anything short of that, they'll be outraged. I think Americans are sick folks nowadays.

Talking with them? What's wrong with leaving them the hell alone? Their nukes are none of our business. Damn Americans trying to play World Police again. Stay home and shut up. Fix your own damn nation for a change.

Can't hurt to talk.
You would think that we'd want to be communicating absolutely as openly as possible until the very last moment.

With millions and millions of lives on the line. No. Matter. What.

For some, evidently not.

Most Americans don't want that. It's the sad reality. They truly want more war. Anything short of that, they'll be outraged. I think Americans are sick folks nowadays.
I don't know about "sick", but we've really allowed ourselves some bizarre priorities and profound intellectual laziness.

Think about which segment of society is beating the drums for war with N.K.. The left thrives on carnage and the threat of war. Every military adventure in the bloody 20th century happened during a democrat administration. Harry Truman lost as many Troops in three years in Korea as we lost in almost ten years in Vietnam. Lefties justified Bill Clinton's bombing of a defenseless country in Europe when he was caught with his pants down. Obama did nothing but cave into bribes with Iraq and left Troops to fend for themselves in Afghanistan with no leadership. The left would love a war with Korea for political reasons because they could blame it on a republican administration and damn the Country and the losses.

Interesting points. It shows how both Communists/Progressives and Neocons fully support endless intervention and war. They both thrive on it. It's not just a one-party or one-ideology mentality.

This is a good piece by John Stossel...

WHAT?

Most Americans are sick of the bullshit. If war is the alternative to the bullshit, you're probably right, but most people do not want war, if possible.

We are sick of the bullshit.

:dunno:

Talking with them? What's wrong with leaving them the hell alone? Their nukes are none of our business. Damn Americans trying to play World Police again. Stay home and shut up. Fix your own damn nation for a change.

I hear ya, but it's not about being the 'World's Policeman.' I used to think that too. But now i realize it's about Imperialist world domination. Any world leader refusing to be a US/West Puppet, is targeted for death. It's not about 'Policing.' It's about domination.

I hear ya, but it's not about being the 'World's Policeman.' I used to think that too. But now i realize it's about Imperialist world domination. Any world leader refusing to be a US/West Puppet, is targeted for death. It's not about 'Policing.' It's about domination.
It could be about the price of bananas for all I care. It needs to stop and Americans need to grow up and shut up. An overgrown child leads the nation.

It could be about the price of bananas for all I care. It needs to stop and Americans need to grow up and shut up. An overgrown child leads the nation.

It's not a one-party or one-ideology mentality. Both Communists/Progressives and Neocons fully support endless intervention and war. It's how we've gotten to this endless cycle of war.

...at the expense of you and I. Power-hungry fuckers use our tax dollars to spread THEIR influence around the world for THEIR benefit, not ours.

Kinda sad so many Americans are in such a rush for more war. Why do Americans love war so much? It's a very interesting question. While pondering that, check out this article.

By Jonathan Marshall

Anyone who says talk is cheap hasn’t tried getting President Trump to talk with his North Korean counterpart, Kim Jong Un. Not even the specter of a war that could kill millions of people on the Korean peninsula, Japan and now even the continental United States seems sufficient to push the two leaders into negotiations. Both sides insist on unacceptable preconditions before they will even consider holding formal talks to reach a peaceful settlement.

Successful negotiations might end Washington’s economic sanctions and military preparations against North Korea, but Pyongyang demands that outcome before it even starts talks. Two weeks ago, North Korea’s ambassador to the United Nations, Han Tae Song, said, “As long as there is continuous hostile policy against my country by the U.S. and as long as there are continued war games at our doorstep, then there will not be negotiations.”

On the other hand, the fact that South Korea sent seven warships in mid-November to join three U.S. aircraft carriers for war games off the coast of the Korean Peninsula almost seemed calculated to keep Pyongyang away from the bargaining table. U.S. and South Korean plans to start a massive five-day air force exercise on Dec. 4 will doubtless do the same. And the Trump administration’s recent designation of North Korea as a state sponsor of terrorism...

Read More:
What’s Wrong With Talking to North Korea? - LewRockwell LewRockwell.com

We have talked to them on and off for decades. Agreements reached have been abrogated by NK every time.

What's the definition of insanity?

Can't hurt to talk.

There has been talk for 25 years, NK has been paid for 25 years, NK is still pursuing a nuclear program and making threats...enough talk.

...at the expense of you and I. Power-hungry fuckers use our tax dollars to spread THEIR influence around the world for THEIR benefit, not ours.

The US has fully embraced Imperialism. It's all about Empire now. And that's sad, because our Founding Fathers warned against Empire-Building. They knew very well that all Empires fall. We won't be an exception. We're 21 Trillion in Debt and spread too thin all around the world. It can't end well.

Kinda sad so many Americans are in such a rush for more war. Why do Americans love war so much? It's a very interesting question. While pondering that, check out this article.

By Jonathan Marshall

Anyone who says talk is cheap hasn’t tried getting President Trump to talk with his North Korean counterpart, Kim Jong Un. Not even the specter of a war that could kill millions of people on the Korean peninsula, Japan and now even the continental United States seems sufficient to push the two leaders into negotiations. Both sides insist on unacceptable preconditions before they will even consider holding formal talks to reach a peaceful settlement.

Successful negotiations might end Washington’s economic sanctions and military preparations against North Korea, but Pyongyang demands that outcome before it even starts talks. Two weeks ago, North Korea’s ambassador to the United Nations, Han Tae Song, said, “As long as there is continuous hostile policy against my country by the U.S. and as long as there are continued war games at our doorstep, then there will not be negotiations.”

On the other hand, the fact that South Korea sent seven warships in mid-November to join three U.S. aircraft carriers for war games off the coast of the Korean Peninsula almost seemed calculated to keep Pyongyang away from the bargaining table. U.S. and South Korean plans to start a massive five-day air force exercise on Dec. 4 will doubtless do the same. And the Trump administration’s recent designation of North Korea as a state sponsor of terrorism...

Read More:

We have talked to them on and off for decades. Agreements reached have been abrogated by NK every time.

Can't hurt to talk.

Your premise is flawed, because we do talk to NK within certain channels. As do we talk to ISIS and AlQaeda. We just don’t recognize them having formal discussions. That would be against protocol

The US has fully embraced Imperialism. It's all about Empire now. And that's sad, because our Founding Fathers warned against Empire-Building. They knew very well that all Empires fall. We won't be an exception. We're 21 Trillion in Debt and spread too thin all around the world. It can't end well.
Yep.

All to make powerful narcissists more powerful....at our expense.

I kind of hope the empire fall soon. That will help us reset to the true values of freedom....or it will result in a huge war, which I am prepared to fight.

Either way...:dunno:

By Jonathan Marshall

Read More:

Can't hurt to talk.

There has been talk for 25 years, NK has been paid for 25 years, NK is still pursuing a nuclear program and making threats...enough talk.
Why do you think they aren't allowed to have nuclear weapons, because you don't want them to?

America needs war! America needs a bad guy to spread fear amoung the masses .

Forum List

Back