What's the difference between liberal science and conservative science

Science is just science. It is not political. Case in point, it's not politically correct to tell male homosexuals they can't donate blood because it increases the bloodborne illness risk. However, it is scientifically correct.

So science itself is apolitical, but that doesn't stop people from trying to argue otherwise. My main complaint is with conservatives who want to try and pervert the biological sciences with that sham Intelligent Design B.S. (see Christine O'Donnell for most recent example). However, liberals aren't immune from trying to slant science to suit their agenda either.

Examples?

man made global warming

The vast majority of scientists in the world say it's true. Just like evolution.

The vast majority of Republicans don't believe in either. They are without a shred of contradictory evidence, but for them, that's "good enough".

The right wing is never bothered by such unimportant things as, well, "evidence". Belief is "proof enough".

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
There can't be liberal science, or conservative science. There are facts, and reasonable interpretations of observations. Some of which are annoying.

However, all scientists are human, have needs, large numbers of them work in colleges for the state and know which side their bread is buttered on.

What is annoying is when people use their authority in one area to to claim authority in another, where they are clueless. Or what is worse, use their authority of the grade to push other agendas.

And I remember one goofy lib teacher in high school who sent my name in to the vice principal as skipping class when I was able to point out where she got her facts backwards in a political rant (outside the purview of the class)

:lol:

Science is the observation of the physical world. That basically begins and ends it.
How does the "String Theory" fit in there then?

man made global warming

The vast majority of scientists in the world say it's true. Just like evolution.

Lie and lie.

The vast majority of scientists DO NOT believe that it's been scientifically proven that global warming is caused by mankind. And it's absolutely nothing like evolution.

Now you know.

However the results of the investigation conducted at the end of 2008 reveal that vast majority of the Earth scientists surveyed agree that in the past 200-plus years, mean global temperatures have been rising and that human activity is a significant contributing factor in changing mean global temperatures.

Two questions were key: Have mean global temperatures risen compared to pre-1800s levels, and has human activity been a significant factor in changing mean global temperatures?

About 90 percent of the scientists agreed with the first question and 82 percent the second.

"The debate on the authenticity of global warming and the role played by human activity is largely nonexistent among those who understand the nuances and scientific basis of long-term climate processes," said Doran

Surveyed scientists agree global warming is real - CNN.com

Public Praises Science; Scientists Fault Public, Media: Section 5: Evolution, Climate Change and Other Issues - Pew Research Center for the People & the Press

528-62.gif

I especially like this one. It compares what the public THINKS scientists believe to what scientists ACTUALLY believe.

528-64.gif

528-65.gif

Here are some stats conservatives will NEVER, EVER understand:

528-72.gif

Well Sparky, I guess you were wrong -------------- again.

Of course, you could post your own data. I would read it. Honest.

There can't be liberal science, or conservative science. There are facts, and reasonable interpretations of observations. Some of which are annoying.

However, all scientists are human, have needs, large numbers of them work in colleges for the state and know which side their bread is buttered on.

What is annoying is when people use their authority in one area to to claim authority in another, where they are clueless. Or what is worse, use their authority of the grade to push other agendas.

And I remember one goofy lib teacher in high school who sent my name in to the vice principal as skipping class when I was able to point out where she got her facts backwards in a political rant (outside the purview of the class)

Science is the observation of the physical world. That basically begins and ends it.

Theories are an odd thing. When "black holes" were first suggested, it was considered too far out there to be true. Of course, we now know that the center of every galaxy contains a black hole.

It was thought that the Universe was "constant". We now know it's dynamic, expanding and even the galaxies are moving.

We even know that everything, even ourselves are made from exploded stars. Who would have thought it.

However, there are some things where not a shred of evidence has ever been discovered.

The existence of the supernatural. Ghosts, spirits and angels. There is no data or evidence of anything mystical. Ever.

528-72.gif
I think ya' left a few out:

"Couldn't get laid in H.S. or College".
"Socially awkward."
Now you're guessing. Not everything revolves around your dick.
OK, just kidding. I didn't mean to scare you.
Apparently nothing revolves around your dick. The girls aren't very impressed with your cockroach collection are they? :lol:

By the way genius, "The String Theory" is just that, a theory. It's what you eggheads think is happening but is not backed up with any hard facts.

See, that's what religion is; What we think is happening but is not backed up with any hard facts. Looks like Science is your Religion or "Belief System".

Also, I've known about the "string theory" for many years. I believe the long out of publication "Omni" magazine had an article about it in the late 70's or early 80's, I can't remember when.

The "Theory of Everything" sounds suspiciously like "God". If you're gonna' believe that then you also have to believe in that "Spaghetti Monster in the Sky" as well eh?

Theories are an odd thing. When "black holes" were first suggested, it was considered too far out there to be true. Of course, we now know that the center of every galaxy contains a black hole.

It was thought that the Universe was "constant". We now know it's dynamic, expanding and even the galaxies are moving.

We even know that everything, even ourselves are made from exploded stars. Who would have thought it.

However, there are some things where not a shred of evidence has ever been discovered.

The existence of the supernatural. Ghosts, spirits and angels. There is no data or evidence of anything mystical. Ever.

You forgot dark matter and dark energy.

You forgot dark matter and dark energy.

Due to light lensing and the rotation of galaxies, we know there is "something" there. That's data. That's not believing in "nothing".

Scientists don't pretend to know everything. In fact, the more they learn, the less they believe they know. Unlike "God did it". Say that, click your heals together three times and that's all you need.

I think ya' left a few out:

"Couldn't get laid in H.S. or College".
"Socially awkward."
Now you're guessing. Not everything revolves around your dick.
OK, just kidding. I didn't mean to scare you.
Apparently nothing revolves around your dick. The girls aren't very impressed with your cockroach collection are they? :lol:

By the way genius, "The String Theory" is just that, a theory. It's what you eggheads think is happening but is not backed up with any hard facts.

See, that's what religion is; What we think is happening but is not backed up with any hard facts. Looks like Science is your Religion or "Belief System".

Also, I've known about the "string theory" for many years. I believe the long out of publication "Omni" magazine had an article about it in the late 70's or early 80's, I can't remember when.

The "Theory of Everything" sounds suspiciously like "God". If you're gonna' believe that then you also have to believe in that "Spaghetti Monster in the Sky" as well eh?

You are just too ridiculous. You pick out one thing from science and say, "See, they don't know everything". They don't pretend to know everything. In fact, they admit to knowing very little, considering how much there is to know.

You can pick out anything from religion and say, "Prove it". But you can't. Not any of it.

You just believe any old nonsense from some primitive middle eastern desert people. Why? Anyone who believe in the Garden of Eden and Noah's Ark has got to be so fucking gullible.

Scientists don't pretend to know everything. In fact, the more they learn, the less they believe they know. Unlike "God did it". Say that, click your heals together three times and that's all you need.

Couldn't "God Did It," mean the same as "We Do Not Know?"

Couldn't "God Did It," mean the same as "We Do Not Know?"

Until we do know. Then what happens? I guess God didn't do it after all?

Unlike Republicans, right?
i wont say all, but many dont
just as many on the left think you are a fucking idiot

As long as I'm right, I don't care what anyone "thinks". What I care about is "evidence".

bullfucking shit.......then show me evidence that backs up your Stereotyping of EVERYBODY on the right.....show me evidence Dean that says EVERYBODY that leans Right follows the Republican Party Platform.....show me some evidence that EVERYBODY that leans right thinks science is bullshit.....show me some evidence that EVERYBODY that leans right hates Gays....i can go on but i think these will be enough because you wont be able to find evidence backing up none of these.....but i can show you 10,000 posts by a guy who goes by the handle Rdean....that will prove that he is a dishonest asshole,and is too much of a Dick to admit that maybe he has wrongly accused a whole group of people.....find me your evidence dipshit.....back up what you say.....lets see these links that you accuse everybody else of never posting.....

i wont say all, but many dont
just as many on the left think you are a fucking idiot

As long as I'm right, I don't care what anyone "thinks". What I care about is "evidence".

bullfucking shit.......then show me evidence that backs up your Stereotyping of EVERYBODY on the right.....show me evidence Dean that says EVERYBODY that leans Right follows the Republican Party Platform.....show me some evidence that EVERYBODY that leans right thinks science is bullshit.....show me some evidence that EVERYBODY that leans right hates Gays....i can go on but i think these will be enough because you wont be able to find evidence backing up none of these.....but i can show you 10,000 posts by a guy who goes by the handle Rdean....that will prove that he is a dishonest asshole,and is too much of a Dick to admit that maybe he has wrongly accused a whole group of people.....find me your evidence dipshit.....back up what you say.....lets see these links that you accuse everybody else of never posting.....

Starting with you.

Show me where I said "everybody" on the right.

One has to wonder why someone would make something up and then demand an explanation from someone for something they themsleves made up.

I would think that "energy" would be better directed towards the Republican Party where the majority believe "Noah's Ark" was a historical event and cutting Samson's hair, did, in fact, "weaken" him.

Starting with you.

Show me where I said "everybody" on the right.

One has to wonder why someone would make something up and then demand an explanation from someone for something they themsleves made up.

I would think that "energy" would be better directed towards the Republican Party where the majority believe "Noah's Ark" was a historical event and cutting Samson's hair, did, in fact, "weaken" him.

look at your posts .....you never say the FAR Right....the Christian Right....you always say REPUBLICAN or CONSERVATIVES.....and you always lump them all together Dean....you never distinguish.....and dont play stupid with me you have had dozens of people tell you this including a few Liberals here.....so nothing was made up.....now where are your links hotshot?....

Lie and lie.

The vast majority of scientists DO NOT believe that it's been scientifically proven that global warming is caused by mankind. And it's absolutely nothing like evolution.

Now you know.

However the results of the investigation conducted at the end of 2008 reveal that vast majority of the Earth scientists surveyed agree that in the past 200-plus years, mean global temperatures have been rising and that human activity is a significant contributing factor in changing mean global temperatures.

Two questions were key: Have mean global temperatures risen compared to pre-1800s levels, and has human activity been a significant factor in changing mean global temperatures?

About 90 percent of the scientists agreed with the first question and 82 percent the second.

"The debate on the authenticity of global warming and the role played by human activity is largely nonexistent among those who understand the nuances and scientific basis of long-term climate processes," said Doran

Surveyed scientists agree global warming is real - CNN.com

Public Praises Science; Scientists Fault Public, Media: Section 5: Evolution, Climate Change and Other Issues - Pew Research Center for the People & the Press

528-62.gif

I especially like this one. It compares what the public THINKS scientists believe to what scientists ACTUALLY believe.

528-64.gif

528-65.gif

528-72.gif

Well Sparky, I guess you were wrong -------------- again.

Of course, you could post your own data. I would read it. Honest.
DING! There it is! Woo Hooo! we knew we could count on you Hairnet!

consistency03.jpg

Forum List

Back