What's the difference between liberal science and conservative science

Why would scientists choose one political party over another?
I find myself not giving a shit to what party they belong. It's irrelevant to the science.

No, it goes right to the heart of why no conservatives are expected to be scientists or engineers.

Science is all about exploration and finding out, "What's there and what's new". Of "knowing" and "growing".

Conservative philosophy is "don't change" and "go back to a safer time". For conservatives, there is deep seated fear of "something new".

Scientist, inventors, engineers, these individuals will always be "outcasts" to the conservative movement.

That's the reality.

Outcasts seems about right since they are overseas.

it would be interesting to see what types of research are initiated and heavily funded under conservative or liberal govts. Thatcher must regret starting the whole AGW thing in England. Reagan must be happy for all the spinoff that came from 'Star Wars'

Spinoff's from "Star Wars"? I'm sure you can name a few.

Global Warming started in England? Do they know that?

The truth is, under conservatives, about the only research would be for weapons.

The Bush administration engaged in a constant battle with scientists for his entire 8 years. His administration wanted them to change their data to match administration policy and most refused. Many actually left.

So conservatives say, "Who cares? Why do we need scientists?"

The world is a complex place. The US still has nuclear power plants. It take engineers and physicists to inspect such a place. The same person who inspects kitchens can't do that job.

I find myself not giving a shit to what party they belong. It's irrelevant to the science.

No, it goes right to the heart of why no conservatives are expected to be scientists or engineers.

Science is all about exploration and finding out, "What's there and what's new". Of "knowing" and "growing".

Conservative philosophy is "don't change" and "go back to a safer time". For conservatives, there is deep seated fear of "something new".

Scientist, inventors, engineers, these individuals will always be "outcasts" to the conservative movement.

That's the reality.

Many have been moving to China. Along with the 2.4 million jobs that moved to China from 2001 to 2008. Hmmm, why do those dates ring a bell?

That's the reality.

Many have been moving to China. Along with the 2.4 million jobs that moved to China from 2001 to 2008. Hmmm, why do those dates ring a bell?

So, according to you, it is all the Republicans fault that jobs shifted to China?

Care to 'splain why the same thing has happened all across Europe? Cuz, as far as I am aware, the GOP wasn't running Europe at that time. In fact... their governments are more closely alligned to the Democrats. :eusa_eh:

So, according to you, it is all the Republicans fault that jobs shifted to China?

Care to 'splain why the same thing has happened all across Europe? Cuz, as far as I am aware, the GOP wasn't running Europe at that time. In fact... their governments are more closely alligned to the Democrats. :eusa_eh:

You mean like Tony Blair?

EU blocks Chinese sweater imports as agreed limit is reached

On 22 July 2005, the European Commission confirmed that it had cut off sweater imports from China for the rest of the year after a huge surge of the clothing item since 1 January reached the limit recently agreed to as part of the EU-China Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to limit the flow of textile products until the end of 2007.

hktdc.com - EU blocks Chinese sweater imports as agreed limit is reached

Chinese imports are currently subject to a 7 percent duty. The Commission's plan would raise this to 50.6 percent to counteract what it deems as illegal Chinese pricing.

Reuters AlertNet - EU states may block Chinese fibreglass tax-sources

China Blocks US Dairy Imports
US - In letters to US Trade Representative Ron Kirk and Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack, the International Dairy Foods Association (IDFA) urged swift action to continue uninterrupted imports of US dairy products into China and to pursue a bilateral solution that will make sure that the Chinese market remains open for US dairy products.

http://www.thedairysite.com/news/30606/china-blocks-us-dairy-imports

It's amazing what countries block and don't block.

More American companies moving jobs from U.S. to China

More American companies moving jobs from U.S. to China, other countries - Kingsport Times-News Online

all the Republicans fault - Please show me where I said that.

It's not "all", but it is "mostly". Who doesn't know that? Why is the Chamber of Commerce giving to Republicans over Democrats at about 100 to 1. Republicans will work to bring down the country, Democrats are much less likely.

How come right wingers on this board never give links showing us what Republicans are doing to help the middle class and bring jobs back to America?

I really would like to see a few of those.

Really.

Ok.

Just one.

Let's just be grateful that rdean isn't a scientist.... since he is incapable of separating his political views from anything. He must be a seriously dull guy in bed.

if Dean is in person, like he is on this board,he is a dull annoying person period.....no matter where you go with him,no matter what you are doing....Republicans will be part of the scenario........we only have to see him once in a while here.....there are some that have to put up with this ass every day for hours at a time.....

Let's just be grateful that rdean isn't a scientist.... since he is incapable of separating his political views from anything. He must be a seriously dull guy in bed.

if Dean is in person, like he is on this board,he is a dull annoying person period.....no matter where you go with him,no matter what you are doing....Republicans will be part of the scenario........we only have to see him once in a while here.....there are some that have to put up with this ass every day for hours at a time.....

No links huh?

Figures.

No links huh?

Figures.

it must annoy you to see the truth.....do you wonder why some people walk out of a room or look annoyed when you walk in Dean?......now you know.....

I've read complaints from those on the right that colleges and universities are liberally slanted and brainwash our kids.

That "mystical creation" should be taken seriously because of the vast amount of "evidence", which of course is "suppressed".

Evolution is the foundation science for biology, botany and physiology, but most conservatives say that's wrong.

So the question becomes, for colleges and universities to become hotbeds or right wing ideology, what would have to change. What would they have to teach "different"?

How would that especially affect "science"?

Science is science, it does not support any political ideology. It is not science that makes colleges and universities hotbeds of political ideology, it is people like you.

How come right wingers on this board never give links showing us what Republicans are doing to help the middle class and bring jobs back to America?

I really would like to see a few of those.

Really.

Ok.

Just one.

For the same reason you never give any links to show what the Democrats are doing to help the middle class, because politicians only care about the rich people who donate to their campaigns.

Science is just science. It is not political. Case in point, it's not politically correct to tell male homosexuals they can't donate blood because it increases the bloodborne illness risk. However, it is scientifically correct.

So science itself is apolitical, but that doesn't stop people from trying to argue otherwise. My main complaint is with conservatives who want to try and pervert the biological sciences with that sham Intelligent Design B.S. (see Christine O'Donnell for most recent example). However, liberals aren't immune from trying to slant science to suit their agenda either.

Science is just science. It is not political. Case in point, it's not politically correct to tell male homosexuals they can't donate blood because it increases the bloodborne illness risk. However, it is scientifically correct.

So science itself is apolitical, but that doesn't stop people from trying to argue otherwise. My main complaint is with conservatives who want to try and pervert the biological sciences with that sham Intelligent Design B.S. (see Christine O'Donnell for most recent example). However, liberals aren't immune from trying to slant science to suit their agenda either.

Examples?

Examples?
you aren't a scientist, but YOU slant everything

Examples?

man made global warming

Examples?
you aren't a scientist, but YOU slant everything

Unlike Republicans, right?

Forum List

Back