What's The Best Way To Fight and/or Stop Racism?

The only way is for each end of the argument to stop pointing the finger at the other, look in the mirror and hold its own accountable.

There can be no "honest conversation on race" unless and until that happens.

Not holding my breath. The country appears to be fresh out of mirrors.
What did you think about the video in the OP?

I'd like to see your commentary about that.

Can we save everyone?

Me thinks not.

I like how brother Beau of the Fifth Column put it...

What about you, what say you, what's the best way to stop this vile thing called "racism/bigotry/prejudice?"

Deport all non Americans. You know who you are.

Can we save everyone?

Me thinks not.

What about you, what say you, what's the best way to stop this vile thing called "racism/bigotry/prejudice?"

God grant me the serenity
TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE
Courage to change the things that I can
And, THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE

We can not change anyone,
We can only change ourselves
And be an example of a life,
we wish to see in others

You're a racist...you're a bigot...you're prejudiced
Change you first!

Can we save everyone?

Me thinks not.

treat everyone the way you want to be treated. Stop whining. So long as blacks go around with a "I demand reparations" chip on their shoulder racism will stay alive. Don't forget one thing though, there will ALWAYS be racism, some people are too stupid to ever get it. They are lost so don't waste time with them.

we wish to see in others

Change you first!
What's your commentary on what Brother Beau had to say?

treat everyone the way you want to be treated. Stop whining. So long as blacks go around with a "I demand reparations" chip on their shoulder racism will stay alive. Don't forget one thing though, there will ALWAYS be racism, some people are too stupid to ever get it. They are lost so don't waste time with them.
What's your thoughts on what the nice gentleman in the video had to say about it?

What's your thoughts on what the nice gentleman in the video had to say about it?

I haven't watched it yet because I am busy, give me a synopsis if you would be so kind.

we wish to see in others

Change you first!
What's your commentary on what Brother Beau had to say?
I didn't watch the video...
YOU asked a question...I answered your question

Can we save everyone?

Me thinks not.

IMHO, the best way to stop racism is to stop the constant discussion of it and start discussing issues and ignoring race just as we ignore eye color and other physical attributes. Once a discussion turns to race, any intelligent or useful conversation ceases.

If you really want racism to end you'd first have to eliminate any current law on the books that have anything at all to do with race. Then you'd have to instruct everyone in government, especially congress and the black caucus to STFU about it altogether regardles of who it's supposed to be for or benefit. As long as you hold it out there it'll continue to be an issue but if you let it die, it will surely die.
The American Government had racist laws that held down and persecuted blacks for over 300 years.

How do you account for that?
Been gone now for decades, meanwhile YOU advocate for laws that oppress whites. By the way? Which PARTY created those laws? Enforced those laws and fought to KEEP those laws?

Can we save everyone?

Me thinks not.

we wish to see in others

Change you first!

^^^^^THIS

There are some things you just can't change....mainly what other people do or think. So really the ONLY thing you can change is YOU and what YOU do and what YOU think...…..and many times when those close to you see the differences, will change too.

As to the video...…….I think he means well and the suggestions given in each case MAY achieve some level of change......BUT....he only talks of trying to change others responses to you and that's only as good as the person(s) involved and if you are not guilty as well.

Fear breeds hate and what do most people fear??? Someone that is different from themselves. If you can look past those differences, whether it's skin color, religion, politics, etc.....then it's easier to see we are all made of the same cloth.......we just come with different wrappings & trappings.

Can we save everyone?

Me thinks not.

Best way I can think of is to start a pretend negro sock account or two and make every post about race

The American Government had racist laws that held down and persecuted blacks for over 300 years.

How do you account for that?
Wasn't here for that. In fact neither were you.

Creating endless grievance threads certainly isn't going to end anything.

Wait about another 500 years and if it doesn't die out then its time for self esteem classes of be added to elementary/middle school and high school for all. If that doesn't work then I would hope that space travel would be viable.

The only way is for each end of the argument to stop pointing the finger at the other, look in the mirror and hold its own accountable.

What did you think about the video in the OP?

I'd like to see your commentary about that.
Eleven minutes from one guy I don't know? No thanks. Encapsulate his point and I'll comment on that, if his opinion is so important.

I think it all comes down to empathy, which is really the core of all morality. People can be educated/indoctrinated to reject racism, but if they lack the ability (or the will) to see the world from someone else's perspective, they will always be easy marks for the racists. Same goes for most hate-mongering really.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

That's not the solution Mac.

Can we save everyone?

Me thinks not.

If you really want racism to end you'd first have to eliminate any current law on the books that have anything at all to do with race. Then you'd have to instruct everyone in government, especially congress and the black caucus to STFU about it altogether regardles of who it's supposed to be for or benefit. As long as you hold it out there it'll continue to be an issue but if you let it die, it will surely die.

This is an example of why racism can't be ended. This guy ignores a history of laws and policy pertaining to race and wants to end laws create to work on the damage created by those laws and policy. Racism is a behavior and it's not going to die if people shut up and ignore it.

Forum List

Back