What's the best browser to use?

Preacher

Gold Member
Jan 29, 2015
Georgia Mountains
I have been using google chrome for a while now but for some reason on this new computer its being a real pain in the ass. Keeps saying memory is full and closes everything etc. Hoping its only chrome and not the computer since I have had this EXACT computer before.So what does everyone else recommend? I am downloading Mozilla for now.

If it's running Windows lie down, face down, expose bottom and load the MS browser.

Mozilla (Firefox) is generally good BUT a number of banks are now spitting out warnings that their sites may not work properly with "your outdated browser" even tho it's the latest Firefox. Easy to add ad-blocking software and plenty available.

Of late I've been using Opera. Built-in ad blocking capability; some nice security features and easily-turned on VPN with a variety of countries supported. That does enhance privacy but has a nice additional feature. If you travel internationally a lot (I do) and want to keep up with a few TV series you watch you'll find geographic restrictions keep you from seeing stuff. But if you kick in VPN and choose "US" then you can see them! I have yet to experiment with trying to watch British TV "geographically restricted" material by going to to VPN - UK. Maybe I'll do that now....

Safari works well on anything Apple and I'm told there is a version that will work on MS based computers but I haven't had one of them in over 10 years so can't speak from experience.

If you want to screw with people's minds, try "iCab" - you can download English versions free online.

I have been using google chrome for a while now but for some reason on this new computer its being a real pain in the ass. Keeps saying memory is full and closes everything etc. Hoping its only chrome and not the computer since I have had this EXACT computer before.So what does everyone else recommend? I am downloading Mozilla for now.

I just switched back to Chrome from Firefox. Firefox kept crashing, constantly and it was irritating me massively. Chrome seems to be working for now. It would appear that you just have to keep switching to another when one messes up, and then go back when the next one messes up.

Turn all your apps off. Maybe things will run better

If it's running Windows lie down, face down, expose bottom and load the MS browser.

Mozilla (Firefox) is generally good BUT a number of banks are now spitting out warnings that their sites may not work properly with "your outdated browser" even tho it's the latest Firefox. Easy to add ad-blocking software and plenty available.

Of late I've been using Opera. Built-in ad blocking capability; some nice security features and easily-turned on VPN with a variety of countries supported. That does enhance privacy but has a nice additional feature. If you travel internationally a lot (I do) and want to keep up with a few TV series you watch you'll find geographic restrictions keep you from seeing stuff. But if you kick in VPN and choose "US" then you can see them! I have yet to experiment with trying to watch British TV "geographically restricted" material by going to to VPN - UK. Maybe I'll do that now....

Safari works well on anything Apple and I'm told there is a version that will work on MS based computers but I haven't had one of them in over 10 years so can't speak from experience.

If you want to screw with people's minds, try "iCab" - you can download English versions free online.
What do you mean by the bold? Yes its running windows 10...its a brand new laptop.

It may be loading edge in some sort of default as well. It can take a bit of work to disable/restrict edge, even when it is not selected as default browser.

It may be loading edge in some sort of default as well. It can take a bit of work to disable/restrict edge, even when it is not selected as default browser.
I uninstalled google chrome and put mozilla and opera on. Mozilla was being slow so I am using opera now. I will try and reinstall google chrome tomorrow.

I uninstalled google chrome and put mozilla and opera on. Mozilla was being slow so I am using opera now. I will try and reinstall google chrome tomorrow.
Using products from companies that endorse diversity?! Uh oh... slippery slope there Odium.

Forum List

Back