Whats next?

D

dingessman

Where do you think the U.S. will go next if anywhere in its war on terror?

Originally posted by dingessman

N.Korea
S.Arabia
Iran

perhaps...
Wherever those fuckwhores are hiding.

Saudi Arabia will be last if we ever do that. Here is why

1)First we are getting too much oil from Saudi Arabia right now. Once we open up some other sources it might be possible to do.

2)If we attacked Saudi Arabia the extremists from the other part sof the world would use it as a rallying cry to unite muslims against us. We take out the extremists in the other places first, show the civilians that we are trying to help them, there wont be as much of an united front against us.

3)I think The Administration is trying to use diplomacy first.

Easy.

Syria.

We have just started sanctions, and the EU just blatantly ignored them and sent an envoy in.

Maybe syria. I think we should deal with Iran First. They are actually developing WMDS and they are the ones supplying Syria.

Besides, Iran is part of the Axis of Evil. Syria, while probably close to it, isnt.

Originally posted by dingessman

Why even ask that? We'll do what we have to do, where ever we have to do it, so long as it takes.

Have you got the guts to see it through? Maybe? Maybe you'd feel stronger about the situation if it was your BROTHER that just got his head sawed off.....

I think Syria, perhaps Israel will take care of Iran.

Iran will probably take care of itself. The mullahs are losing their grip on the population. The youth movement seems to be getting a little disillusioned with the so called "Islamic Revolution" and a lot of them weren't alive to know first hand about it. I think the mullahs realize this and that is part of the reason they are backing Al-Sadr in Iraq. A stable Iraq on 1 side and a non Taliban Afghanistan on the other is making for very uncomfortable morning tea in Tehran if you are part of the Supreme Council.

Syria is a total bees nest. If we try to go in there with one hand tied behind our back, it will be very very ugly. We'll probably just go the containment route with them, but the EU is totally against us. Or Israel may go after them. Its hard to say. Assad is no fool.

That is why a successful Iraq is so important. Once people in the middle east see and hear for themselves about how much better life is in Iraq then in their own country, they will want the same for themselves. (and hopefully fight for it)

I think the domino theory over time can be effective if done right.

Saudi will have to be "liberated" by muslims. In the current climate we can't go in there unless we are willing to admit this is a war of religions. Can you say doomsday?

Remember: Pakistan is a very volatile place. It is seething with Islamist rage and Musharraf is not a popular guy over there.

North Korea is interesting. They are like the bastard step child of China. They are also a powder keg ready to go off. I would keep up the diplomacy route. Anything involving them, China comes into play. King Jong IL is an absolute wacko. He could wake up one morning and decide to invade China:D

Jihadthis,
I agree with most of your post, but not Iran. The rebellious youth are not going to be able to be effective in time. Iran is speeding up nuclear development, if not completed already.

North Korea.
1) They have a blatent and documented disregard for their own people well being.
2) The are directly and presently threatening the western world with nuclear war.
3) They have the resources to fund any manner of insurgent groups to meet their own ends.

As for anywhere else, hold off until at least Iraq and Afghanistan are stabilized. As much as I think it's a great idea to completely incite the Muslim world against the US...

I would like to add this:

I think the past few days have put alot of people on edge. I'd like to try and summarize a few thoughts. (This is my version of therapy maybe? :D )

I don't think any of us know what is going to happen. There is a lot of strife both inside the US and in the rest of the world. We saw how great this country can be in the days after 9/11 when we all work together. I believe we are fast approaching a cross road and 1 of your so called "watershed events" There is a lot of anger on both sides of the fence, as exhibited by how divided we are becoming. There are those of us that are starting to see that the status quo just won't do.

Just look at the variety of opinions given on this board. There are those that advocate the anything but Bush mantra. There are those that think Kerry is the second coming of Satan. There are those that think we are always "stuck" with picking between the lesser of 2 evils. There are those that say the current 2 party system is broken beyond repair. We have people who feel very strongly about their religions and those that don't. There are those who feel we should "go global" and those that advocate isolationism. I've seen posts alluding to breaking up the country into regions based on the differences of ideals. I've seen posts that say kill them all and posts that think there is a peaceful way. Those that say we are a great country and those that think we are the evil empire. We're fighting about war, taxes, healthcare, social engineering, abortion, racism, government, the environment and the price of gas. You have 2 major groups in this country and a whole lot of people that are somewhere in between.

We seem to be like a plane in a holding pattern. Flying around in circles waiting for someone to guide us all in. My hope is that a leader will step up that can harness this energy and do something creative with it. Not some politician who gives speeches and then does nothing. I am talking about a real leader, someone who is willing to actually make a substantial enduring change at whatever cost needs to be paid. I would like to think that in a country of close to 300 million people we can come up with something better then what we have. Look past your partisan blinders if you are wearing them. This isn't about politics, it's about our way of life. I just find it hard to believe that this is the best we can do.

I hope in my heart that this change can come about without us being attacked again, but I fear I am being too optimistic. It takes that "big event" for people to sit up and take notice. Our history shows that we only really come together when we are attacked from the outside. I don't know what else will galvanize us. We need to devote as much energy to our future and the next generations future that we do to watching TV.

We the people need to demand change from all of our current leaders if we are truly going to have a better life.

Originally posted by Sir Evil
Very Well Said Jihad!:clap:

It would take a seriously different kind of leader to lead us into a different world that you speak of, remember they are politicians!

I also think that you are right about that "big event" for people to sit up and take notice. Watching the unity after 9-11 dissolve it really has to make you ask what it is going to take, and it is unfortunate but it will be another "big event" to see that unity again! It's scary to know it is most likely already in the works yet people are still so concerned with making points of what we are doing right or wrong! Perhaps another large scale event will make people realize that we are in a new era, one that will require great unity to battle! I fear that we have only seen the very begining of what's to come!

And we will all accept him. -He will be from the region of Rome. He will promise peace and sign a peace agreement with Israel for 7 years....breaking it in 3 1/2.

He will declaire a worldwide religion under him. He will institute islamic beheading for the ones he persecutes.

He will hunt, persecute and kill Christians who are a threat to the fact he will declaire himself a god and force all to take his mark if they are to buy or sell.

Think about that for a few minutes. If you want the script, refer to Revelation in the Bible.

Originally posted by NewGuy
And we will all accept him. -He will be from the region of Rome. He will promise peace and sign a peace agreement with Israel for 7 years....breaking it in 3 1/2.

He will declaire a worldwide religion under him. He will institute islamic beheading for the ones he persecutes.

He will hunt, persecute and kill Christians who are a threat to the fact he will declaire himself a god and force all to take his mark if they are to buy or sell.

Think about that for a few minutes. If you want the script, refer to Revelation in the Bible.

Man that Book Of Revelation is some scary shit. I took a class in college on it, if you believe in the word of god, which I do although it doesn't always show, this is some serious crap the world is in for. I suggest everyone read it, then get a modern day translation of it which you can buy in any Christian book store, then apply it to things you see unfolding today. It will scare the bejesus out of ya!

Fundamentalism raises its evil head again. How some one can CHOOSE something to read and then DECIDE that it is true beyond all reason is foolish. It is to give up a an individuals right to choose his destiny, contemplate other ideas and avoiding ones duty to search for the truth wherever it may lead.

where do we go next will depend on how Iraq goes and which country is decides to fuck with America first. If i was a Syrian I would be packing my bags. Israel on one side and our troop on the other?

Originally posted by dilloduck
Fundamentalism raises its evil head again. How some one can CHOOSE something to read and then DECIDE that it is true beyond all reason is foolish.

You are correct. I vote for mandatory non-schooling in all professional academic subjects.

:rolleyes:

It is to give up a an individuals right to choose his destiny, contemplate other ideas and avoiding ones duty to search for the truth wherever it may lead.

You can choose your own destiny. There are two places you can go.

You can pick either one, and you can determine the roads you take to get there. Why do you assume no free will?

where do we go next will depend on how Iraq goes and which country is decides to fuck with America first. If i was a Syrian I would be packing my bags. Israel on one side and our troop on the other?

And you are all knowing how?

Unlike you I do not claim to be all knowing--I just offered my thoughts on what I would do if I was in Syria. Damn newguy!! Put down that book and think for yourself.

Originally posted by dilloduck
Unlike you I do not claim to be all knowing--I just offered my thoughts on what I would do if I was in Syria. Damn newguy!! Put down that book and think for yourself.
1. I never claimed to be all knowing.
2. Do you or have you ever gone to school?

Forum List

Back