What's Howard Dean hiding?

lilcountriegal

Oct 24, 2003
Pennsylvania
I wont paste the whole article, but this is a pretty interesting read.

Dec. 8 issue — As investigative reporters and “oppo” researchers flock to Vermont to dig into Howard Dean’s past, they have run into a roadblock. A large chunk of Dean’s records as governor are locked in a remote state warehouse—the result of an aggressive legal strategy designed in part to protect Dean from political attacks.

DEAN—WHO HAS BLASTED the Bush administration for excessive secrecy—candidly acknowledged that politics was a major reason for locking up his own files when he left office last January. He told Vermont Public Radio he was putting a 10-year seal on many of his official papers—four years longer than previous Vermont governors—because of “future political considerations... We didn’t want anything embarrassing appearing in the papers at a critical time.” “Most of the records are open,” said Dean spokeswoman Tricia Enright, adding there is “absolutely not” a “smoking gun” in those for which Dean has claimed “executive privilege.” Still, Dean’s efforts to keep official papers secret appear unusually extensive. Late last year, NEWSWEEK has learned, Dean’s chief counsel sent a directive to all state agencies ordering them to cull their files and remove all correspondence that bore Dean’s name—and ship them to the governor’s office to be reviewed for “privilege” claims. This removed a “significant number of records” from state files, said Michael McShane, an assistant Vermont attorney general.

Whats in Howard Deans Secret Vermont files?

You can't accuse Dean of wrong doing. Acutally, all governor's make certain documents secret in order to protect innocent people, like a person writes saying they have HIV and want to keep it confidential.

A certain governor of Texas has his own "secret" documents.

What exactly would you expect to find that would ruin Dean's nomination, an organization, supported by Dean, that is racist and believes in the NWO?

Originally posted by Palestinian Jew
You can't accuse Dean of wrong doing. Acutally, all governor's make certain documents secret in order to protect innocent people, like a person writes saying they have HIV and want to keep it confidential.

A certain governor of Texas has his own "secret" documents.

What exactly would you expect to find that would ruin Dean's nomination, an organization, supported by Dean, that is racist and believes in the NWO?
Bush may have his own secret documnents but I have certainly seen more than one mention of it in a disparaging way against him. Perhaps Dean's camp is getting a taste of how ridiculous it sounds coming from the opposition.

Since it seems that most people have certain things they do not wish to make public perhaps that tactic could be avoided by both sides in the future.

Welcome Palestinian Jew, but you better be able to back up what you're saying:

Actually we can: http://abcnews.go.com/wire/Politics/ap20031203_1583.html

Dean told ABC's "Good Morning America" Monday: "You don't actually get to seal the majority of records, just those sensitive parts that apply to other people. President Bush sort of takes the cake for his sealing. He actually had his sent, as I understand it, to his father's presidential library, where there's a 50-year seal."

Dean said: "I'll unseal mine if he'll unseal his."

Bush's gubernatorial documents are in the custody of the Texas State Library and Archives Commission and most of them are open under Texas public record laws. After Bush's term as governor ended, the documents were sent to his father's presidential library at Texas A&M University. The documents were moved back to archive them.

Republican National Committee Chairman Ed Gillespie, in a trip to Vermont Tuesday in which he criticized Dean on military issues, challenged the Democrat to open the one-third of his gubernatorial papers that are under seal.

I believe its a travesty of the american political system when ANY governer can seal away documents to avoid 'embarassment'.

Its called 'public office' for a reason.

I guess you CAN accuse him of wrong doing, but it seems to me that it is necessary to have sealed documents to prevent embarassing other people.

I think the media should lay off Dean about "secret" documents that, in truth, every governor has. If they want to kill Dean's campaign all they have to do is sit back and watch Dean ruin it himself, he's his own worst enemy imho.

Which was basically my reasoning behind making this post in the first place.

Moi said it best:

Bush may have his own secret documnents but I have certainly seen more than one mention of it in a disparaging way against him. Perhaps Dean's camp is getting a taste of how ridiculous it sounds coming from the opposition.

I've heard many different arguments re GWB. From his record as governor, to his DUI record in New England. Democrats are trying to pick him apart if he wipes twice after a healthy crap... I find it amusing that they are also shielding their own secrets. If they want to start slinging mud, they need to prepare themselves for some mud slinging back at them.

Originally posted by mwbuccs
if dead is hiding he was in the kkk, he gets my vote!

So from what I've picked up on so far, you are Jew-hating KKK/white supremacist who apparently uses the Bible to back up your views... is that close?

If there was an ignore function on this board, I'd have to use it on you.

Forum List

Back