Hollywood Dems Gather For 'hate Bush' Meeting At Hilton

Discussion in 'Politics' started by MtnBiker, Nov 30, 2003.

1. MtnBiker

MtnBiker Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +230
    XXXXX DRUDGE REPORT XXXXX SUN NOV 30, 2003 20:42:05 ET XXXXX

HOLLYWOOD DEMS GATHER FOR 'HATE BUSH' MEETING AT HILTON

**Exclusive**

Top Hollywood activists and intellectuals are planning to gather this week in Beverly Hills for an event billed as "Hate Bush,' the DRUDGE REPORT has learned!

Laurie David [wife of SEINFELD creator Larry David] has sent out invites to the planned Tuesday evening meeting at the Hilton with the bold heading: "Hate Bush 12/2 - Event"

The message reads:

"This is the most important meeting you can attend to prevent the advancement of the current extremist right wing agenda. Do not miss this meeting. This will be a high-level briefing to discuss the strategies... to affect what happens next November."

Political heavies Harold Ickes, Former Deputy White House Chief of Staff and Campaign Manager for the ¹96 Clinton/Gore re-elect, and Ellen Malcolm, Founder of Emily¹s List, a political action committee that elects pro-choice, Democratic women, will chair the gathering.

Names included on the "HATE BUSH" invite, obtained by DRUDGE, include:

Julie Bergman: producer ("G.I. Jane," "The Fabulous Baker Boys," "Washington Square"), daughter of Alan and Marilyn Bergman. Came up with the anti-Iraq war "silent protest" idea for Oscars where celebrities wore blue-and-green quarter-sized peace sign pins.

Scott Burns: "Got Milk?" campaign creator and producer of Arianna Huffington ad campaign which linked SUVs with terrorism.

Steve Byrnes & Jamie Mandelbaum: Jamie is an entertainment attroney at Armstrong, Hirsch -- represents Hillary Duff, Tori Spelling, among others.

Ariel "Ari" Emanuel: Emanuel is a founding partner of Endeavor Talent agency. Brother of White House Rahm and agent to West Wing Sorkin.

Naomi Foner: Screenwriter of RUNNING ON EMPTY, LOSING ISAIAH; executive producer of HOMEGROWN a comedy thriller set in northern California about inept but lovable pot farmers.

Cami Gordon: Children's book author lives in Pacific Palisades, Calif. Member of Mothers for Natural Law. Husband Howard, producer ("X-Files", "Strange World").

Robert Greenwald: Executive producer of the 2002 documentary, UNPRECEDENTED: THE 2000 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION, about the "stealing" of the 2000 presidential election in Florida. Also produced CROOKED E: THE UNSHREDDED TRUTH ABOUT ENRON. He and Mike Farrell started "Artists United," a group of actors and other stars opposed to war in Iraq.

Sally Hardwicke: [no data].

Ruth Hunter: [no data].

Lyn Lear: Wife of Norman Lear.

Michelle Kydd Lee: Executive Director, Creative Artists Agency (CAA) Foundation.

Julia Louis-Dreyfus: 'SNL', 'Seinfeld' alum. Married to fellow SNL alum and sitcom producer Brad Hall.

Darcy Pollack: [no data].

Nancy Stephens: Actress (RUSSKIES), environmentalist.

Laure & Daniel Stern: Daniel is actor (CITY SLICKERS, HOME ALONE).

Anne & Jay Sures: Jay Sures is an agent at United Talent Agency. Hosted fund-raiser for Democratic presidential candidate General Wesley Clark his Brentwood home.

Marge Tabankin & Earl Katz: Tabankin is Barbra Streisand's philanthropic and political guru. Ran the Hollywood Women's Political Committee.

Katz is the executive producer of UNPRECEDENTED: THE 2000 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION.

Heather Thomas: Actress ("The Fall Guy"), 80s pin-up model.

Elizabeth Wiatt: [no data].

link

Hate Bush? Wouldn't be better to promote their ideology, agenda, or canidate rather than promoting hate?

2. MtnBiker

MtnBiker Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +230
    And I wonder what position these people have on hate crime legislation?

3. jimnyc

jimnyc ...

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +246
    Shouldn't they be more concerned with what their nominee can do to improve the country? I'd be more interested in hearing about the record and capabilities of a candidate than who he/she hates. Oh well, to each their own.

4. jimnyc

jimnyc ...

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +246
    You would think they could have thought of a better way of promoting their agenda without showing off hatred.

5. MtnBiker

MtnBiker Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +230
    Perhaps it is they can't persued more people to their agenda.

6. Psychoblues

Psychoblues Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +143
    And does "Drudge" not promote hatred? And since when was "Drudge" considered any kind of a credible voice? Drudge and Limbaugh kinda go hand in hand on the money for hatred thing don't they?

7. MtnBiker

MtnBiker Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +230
    I haven't mentioned Limbaugh, how did he come into the picture?
    Still doesn't change the topic at hand, the "Hate Bush" meeting.

How does Drudge promote hate?

:confused:

8. Psychoblues

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +143
    I think Drudge promotes hate as demonstrated in your original post. He obviously is opposed to any gathering of left thinking peoples and would enjoy that all Hollywood types be cast in that image. But that is all the right wing nuts have is to cast images and group adversaries in neat packages that are identifiable to the more unthinking, don' you think? As far as Limbaugh is concerned, I wish I didn't even know his name.

9. MtnBiker

MtnBiker Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +230
    Drudge reported on a scheduled meeting, with a list of names of people involved or invited to the meeting. There was no other comentary or opinion. (by Drudge)
    No, I don't think so. I don't see any neat package here. It is not unthinkable that liberal Hollywood people would be involved in such a meeting( and they have every right to) and reporting on such meeting is not hate. But I do find it ironic that the meeting "Hate Bush" has not been adressed rather just the reporting of it.

10. Psychoblues

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +143
    I think I can agree with you. But the media doesn't agree with either one of us. Do you think for a moment that Drudge or any of the other Right wingnut propagandists would agree that any left wing group might "have a right" to gather and purport democratic ideology? I've been closely reading and listening for years and I think not. That's the problem with right wingnuts. They don't have a democratic bone in their bodies!!! They even say that the lefties are somehow threatening their FREEDOMS. It will come to pass that this society will recognise that it is the corporations, collective right wing politics, and general misinformation from self proclaimed conservatives that is limiting, stifling, even THREATENING their freedoms. That's the way I see it.