What's Happening in S.Korea National Assembly?

bluesky79

Apr 21, 2008
The South Korean National Assembly has organized "Cheonan Vessel Investigation Team" and honestly, I don't understand why they are doing this.
An International team of scientists have already proved that it was the act of North Korea and the torpedo used against the Cheonan Vessel also belonged to the North. This fact was internationally agreed upon, and yet the National Assembly are pursuing another investigation which I don't quite understand.
The International team who led the investigation included the US, the UK, Sweden, Australia and many other countries with high credibility. Who would ever take credibility on a re-investigation led by a bunch of politicians from the National Assembly compared to the investigation led by professionals and many scientists?
In addition to that, currently the US Senate is formulating a resolution which involves additional sanctions against the North. But on the other hand, South Korean National Assembly is busy ignoring what the US is doing and not even thinking about what to do with North Korea. I wonder if the people in the National Assembly are even considering the potential threat of national security. So far as I can see it, they are not.
I've always been proud of my home country even though I am currently living overseas, but the decision made by the National Assembly certainly makes a feel ashamed to a Korean or at least feel very sorry for our country.

Forum List

Back