For China to be Treated Fairly

HaoChina

Rookie
May 24, 2010
Ever since the Korean War, China has been in, how can I describe it, a positive relation with North Korea. I mean, we were on the same sides during the war right? But that doesn't mean that China has a bad relation with the South either. Recently, I could see an increase of trade and mingling of culture between China and South Korea.

When it comes to North Korea, an isolated society as they are known for, tends to bring up incidents once in a while that make us feel very uncomfortable as an ally state. At least to us, China, North Korea is actively enthusiastic but the rest of the world and the media have a totally negative view on the North's peculiar society and ideals.

Let's take the incident of North Korea's torpedo attack on the South Korean vessel. The team of international scientists have proven the acts were conducted by the North. But as many ally countries do, China skewed more towards the side of the North. Isn't that what brotherhood is all about after all? Both countries have a communist foundation and by the looks of it, it seems like China is acting as a lawyer representing the North in front of an international jury! The truth is, I'm all okay about brotherhood and being there to help but this time I believe our country went a little ahead of ourselves. Disappointing is a word that I would use to describe China's reaction towards this incident, and I am surely ashamed to a Chinese today.

A couple of days ago, Zhang Liangui, professor of the Party School of the Chinese Communist Party Central Committee praised the South Korean investigation team regarding to the Cheonan Vessel incident, but it seems like the Chinese government limited additional opinions from professor Zhang. It's just sad to see our government controlling and limiting the freedom of speech when it involves any politically controversial issues. It just further emphasizes our government to be still in the "Cold War" state of mind.

I believe in order for China to be viewed more openly and fairly, we need more people like professor Zhang Liangui. Our government should change their views. When everyone else claims our government to be black and we ourselves protest to be white, doesn't that make us same as North Korea? I'm just tired to see people having stereotype assumptions of our great nation. There's one thing about being proud of your country and there another when your country needs to change for the better!

Ever since the Korean War, China has been in, how can I describe it, a positive relation with North Korea. I mean, we were on the same sides during the war right? But that doesn't mean that China has a bad relation with the South either. Recently, I could see an increase of trade and mingling of culture between China and South Korea.

When it comes to North Korea, an isolated society as they are known for, tends to bring up incidents once in a while that make us feel very uncomfortable as an ally state. At least to us, China, North Korea is actively enthusiastic but the rest of the world and the media have a totally negative view on the North's peculiar society and ideals.

Let's take the incident of North Korea's torpedo attack on the South Korean vessel. The team of international scientists have proven the acts were conducted by the North. But as many ally countries do, China skewed more towards the side of the North. Isn't that what brotherhood is all about after all? Both countries have a communist foundation and by the looks of it, it seems like China is acting as a lawyer representing the North in front of an international jury! The truth is, I'm all okay about brotherhood and being there to help but this time I believe our country went a little ahead of ourselves. Disappointing is a word that I would use to describe China's reaction towards this incident, and I am surely ashamed to a Chinese today.

A couple of days ago, Zhang Liangui, professor of the Party School of the Chinese Communist Party Central Committee praised the South Korean investigation team regarding to the Cheonan Vessel incident, but it seems like the Chinese government limited additional opinions from professor Zhang. It's just sad to see our government controlling and limiting the freedom of speech when it involves any politically controversial issues. It just further emphasizes our government to be still in the "Cold War" state of mind.

I believe in order for China to be viewed more openly and fairly, we need more people like professor Zhang Liangui. Our government should change their views. When everyone else claims our government to be black and we ourselves protest to be white, doesn't that make us same as North Korea? I'm just tired to see people having stereotype assumptions of our great nation. There's one thing about being proud of your country and there another when your country needs to change for the better!

It sounds to me as though you are responding to news and government reports. That's where you are confused.

The long-term policy strategies and rationale behind geopolitical activities is the basis for these events and responses. Trying to understand motive and strategy by trying to follow the propaganda will always lead you to a dead end.

China is, I suspect, in much the same boat as America has been for decades, HoaChina.

They have a weak client state ally, one whose government they probably aren't especially comfortable dealing with.

But as their aid is keeping a lot of North Koreans from starving?

Really, what choice does China have (other than invading) but to help that nation despite its foolish government?

Welcome to one of the the unhappier outcomes of being a superpower state, China.

A state where superpower geopolitics make for some very strange bedfellows.

This is an opportunity for China to show the world that it understands its responsibility to keep the world from going to war.

I'm fairly confident that China is going to do the right thing as it regards this increasingly bellicose NK.

The last thing Asia or the world needs is still another war.

Last edited:
China is, I suspect, in much the same boat as America has been for decades, HoaChina.

They have a weak client state ally, one whose government they probably aren't especially comfortable dealing with.

Really, what choice does China have (other than invading) but to help that nation despite its foolish government?

Welcome to one of the the unhappier outcomes of being a superpower state, China.

This is an opportunity for China to show the world that it understands its responsibility to keep the world from going to war.

I'm fairly confident that China is going to do the right thing as it regards this increasingly bellicose NK.

But, your murderous country, Turkey, is in bed with Iran, another murderous country.

You don't see the irony, Mahound?

But, your murderous country, Turkey, is in bed with Iran, another murderous country.

You're confusing editec with ekrem, Jewbacca. Colossal fail. :rofl:

You're confusing editec with ekrem, Jewbacca. Colossal fail. :rofl:

Shouldn't you be blowing yourself up, stupid shahid?

:lol: leave editec out of this. Nice one, pictureing the overall low-level of yours.

Forum List

Back