What's An Acceptable Number Of Innocent People Being Executed?

Lets WAIT for HIS POXY REPLY,Excellent COMMENT Quentin :clap2::clap2::clap2::cool:How do you feel about the fact that in the times you're referring to, when lynchings and public hangings were common, whites were committing massive crimes against blacks and white people murdered tens of thousands of innocent black people?

Or do you only care about murder when white people are the victims rather than the perpetrators?

Also, this is totally off-topic here. If we're going to discuss race, it makes sense in the context of the disparity between how many black convicts get the death penalty compared to how many white convicts get it for the exact same crimes - but the rest of this conversation is a non-sequitir in the thread and your first (and subsequent) posts refuse to address the topic and question: what's an acceptable number of innocent people being executed by the state carrying out a death sentence?[/QUOTE]

Just wondered what an acceptable number would be for "executing innocent people by mistake" before reviewing the death penalty? What brings this up is the proud record of Texas.

From what I've seen there have been 12 people released from Death Row in Texas. There has also been 755 executed. Now ASSUMING that EVERY ONE of the executed were, in fact, guilty as charged (highly unlikely) that would bring the average to about 1.6% faulty conviction rate.

So what say you? Is more than 1 out of 100 "mistakes" an acceptable number? Would that be considered "collateral damage"?

State by State Database | Death Penalty Information Center

DA who convicted man freed from death row:

NCADP Affiliate: Texas Coalition to Abolish the Death Penalty

No one has been executed by mistake. Ever. Every single one of them was guilty of something and it was their time to die.

Just wondered what an acceptable number would be for "executing innocent people by mistake" before reviewing the death penalty? What brings this up is the proud record of Texas.

From what I've seen there have been 12 people released from Death Row in Texas. There has also been 755 executed. Now ASSUMING that EVERY ONE of the executed were, in fact, guilty as charged (highly unlikely) that would bring the average to about 1.6% faulty conviction rate.

So what say you? Is more than 1 out of 100 "mistakes" an acceptable number? Would that be considered "collateral damage"?

No one has been executed by mistake. Ever. Every single one of them was guilty of something and it was their time to die.

including Jesus Christ.

including Jesus Christ.

Especially him.

What's an acceptable number of innocent unborn babies being executed?...... :eusa_whistle:

Nope. Just stating that if we had public hangings which is what used to be done, it would send a message to blacks to think twice about what they are contend to do if it is committing murder. Back in the so called good ole days as you put it, blacks didn't commit as many murders as they do today which is rampant across the nation.

Why in the HELL do you have to try and make this a "black" thing? Go spread your garbage somewhere else and not in my thread.

Because blacks are committing massive crimes across the US. I guess you haven't heard of the black flash mobs attacking whites (at state fairs, restaurants, in the streets) lately that are popping up all over in our cities. Wake up. Blacks murdering whites are a cancer on our society and you can add hispanics to that too.

There are a lot of "cancers on our society" and it's not limited to any one race.

Why in the HELL do you have to try and make this a "black" thing? Go spread your garbage somewhere else and not in my thread.

Because blacks are committing massive crimes across the US. I guess you haven't heard of the black flash mobs attacking whites (at state fairs, restaurants, in the streets) lately that are popping up all over in our cities. Wake up. Blacks murdering whites are a cancer on our society and you can add hispanics to that too.

There are a lot of "cancers on our society" and it's not limited to any one race.

That's true. Unions and Progressives come in all races.

Bullshit.

No, you can't give someone back their years spent in jail.

No you can't. You cannot undo anything once it's done. So, unless all actions are illegitimate the possibility of error is not a reasonable disqualification for a given action. People may be oppossed to the death penalty for many reasons, but "what if there's a mistake?" is not a reasonable one.

I disagree. Any mistake can be rectified with the exception of death. Therefore it is not an unreasonable basis for opposition.

Really? You can give someone 5 extra years of living if they spent that much time in jail in error?

That's true. Unions and Progressives come in all races.

Bullshit again. You're doing great at dodging the question. I guess that's what happens when you're totally fucking clueless.

What's an acceptable number of innocent unborn babies being executed?...... :eusa_whistle:

How about personal decisions you're willing to give up for your GOVERNMENT to decide you big, activist government lover you.

Now quit trying to change the subject. If you're clueless just admit it.

What's an acceptable number of people wrongly incarcerated for rape? Do you want to stop incarcerating rapists?
Stop incarcerating rapists?????

323.png

How 'bout "conservatives" finally deep-sixing their ASSUMPTION that those ACCUSED of (such a) crime....ANY crime, in fact...."must have done SOMETHING wrong."?????

"I always assumed, like every other journalist does, that all sex scandals are rooted in truth, period! You may not have done precisely what you’re accused of, but.....you did something!"

False Rape Accusations

You can frame abortion however you want but as far as a numerical limit to how many abortions are acceptable? There is no limit. If a woman wants to have an abortion, she can have it. Of course, this excludes illegal abortions.

Now, care to actually answer the question in the OP instead of dodging/deflecting?

No you can't. You cannot undo anything once it's done. So, unless all actions are illegitimate the possibility of error is not a reasonable disqualification for a given action. People may be oppossed to the death penalty for many reasons, but "what if there's a mistake?" is not a reasonable one.

I disagree. Any mistake can be rectified with the exception of death. Therefore it is not an unreasonable basis for opposition.

Really? You can give someone 5 extra years of living if they spent that much time in jail in error?

No. But giving them say.....$1,000,000 a year for each year of wrongful incarceration would go a long way.

Adolf Eichmann would agree...

I love the whole "Guilty of something" as if they don't need to be specifically guilty of the crime for which they were tried. Adding, "and it was their time to die" is especially funny.

Welcome to the possible future you'll have with Reich Perry

Adolf Eichmann would agree...

Awesome guy that phony Rabbi, huh?

Forum List

Back